PDA

View Full Version : 35 rem mold?

mainiac
12-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Santa gave me some extra cash to spend on my guns...........Ive been meaning to buy a made for bullet mold,for the 35 rem. Am probaly going to buy the rcbs 200, but ive also read about the ranch dog bullets, expecially the new one he is coming out with. My question, if you could only have one mold for the 35 rem (in a marlin), which would it be? Am getting ready to go with the rcbs,but thought i would throw this out to you guys. Thanks,mark

No_1
12-26-2007, 06:03 PM
This answer is simple. Buy the Ranch Dog period. He has spent countless hours designing what works in the Marlins. Go to his website and take a look at what he does. You will be convinced.

Robert

Larry Gibson
12-26-2007, 06:35 PM
As I don't own a Marlin (have in the past, will in the future, just don't have any now) I don't think I have a Ranch Dog mould. I do have a .35 Rem though, a M91 Mauser rebarreled with a Shilen barrel. I have found the 35-200-FN RCBS mould to cast an excellent bullet for this cartridge. I shoot it over 37 gr of 4895 which is 100% loading density. Velocity is 2122 fps (26" barrel) and accuracy is excellent. I also find this bullet to HP quite nicely using the Forster HPing tool. I can recommend the RCBS mould and this bullet.

Larry Gibson

Ranch Dog
12-26-2007, 06:55 PM
The only trouble with the Ranch Dog mold is that it will not be in inventory until June/July.

mainiac
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
The only trouble with the Ranch Dog mold is that it will not be in inventory until June/July.

So, would it be worth my wait? Whats the diameter of the rd? weight with W.W. alloy? 2 cavity mold? My 336 is probaly the best shooting lever gun i own. 3 different molds for pistol boolits will shoot around an inch@50 yards. My dad bought this gun for me in 1979, and want to start deer hunting with it, not just paper killing.

Ranch Dog
12-27-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm kind of partial to the TLC designs myself, for a look at the bullet vs. chambers, see this post...
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=19871

Here is a link to page with the drawing...
http://www.ranchdogmolds.com/TLC359190RF/tlc359190rf.html

All this will eventually come together on a "point of sale" web page.

Buckshot
12-27-2007, 02:06 AM
................I know a lot of people really like the RCBS 35-200 slug. I have the Saeco #356 which is also a 200 gr FNGC design and it is superbly accurate in a small ring Mauser I have in 35 Rem.

.................Buckshot

C A Plater
12-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Why wait. Order a Ranch Dog and get the RCBS now and use it. My Marlin will take them sized .359 and shoot them very well. My last batch lubed, sized and gas checked weighed in at 205 grains with the similar to Lyman #2 alloy I on hand. WW will work just fine though. Work with it a while and when the RD mold arrives some months later, use it too.

Glen
12-27-2007, 02:37 AM
+1 for what Buckshot said. The RCBS is a good bullet for the .35 Remington, and so is the Saeco 200 grainer.

Ranch Dog
12-27-2007, 08:37 AM
I would have to agree with Buckshot and Glen. You can never, ever have too many molds! If you want to economize, you can always sell them on eBay as the buyer will more than likely bid more than you paid for the mold in the original purchase!

I will probably not run one of my subscriptions for this mold. I'm going to shoot it out real quick and if it works as I expect it will, order my inventory. Its quicker that way and I want the inventory here in time for buyers to do their load work in for hunting season.