PDA

View Full Version : Hurts so good...

Sweetpea
03-15-2014, 11:48 PM
I am beat!

Long story short, this past Wednesday, I missed most of a day of work due to a slipped rib that was pinching a nerve.

Things have been pretty slow at work anyways, and this sure didn't help the old paycheck.

Friday afternoon, the boss calls me up, and tells me that one of our friendly competitors (we help back and forth time to time) is in a bind, and needs some work done on Saturday, can I help?

So I put in 13 hours today, and made about 3 days wages... CASH!

Seems like somebody must be looking out for me...

Brandon

geargnasher
03-16-2014, 12:30 AM
That helps. My wife has an errant rib as well, but we know a good bone-cruncher who fixes her up in a jiffy every few months when it pops out. I think the bill each time is 40-50 bucks. Have you seen a chiropractor? Some of them are kooks and some are wizards, but maybe one can help you.

Gear

Sweetpea
03-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I drove very carefully straight to the chiropractor, and he got me fixed up, and I spent the rest of the day icing my back.

60 bucks for nearly an hour seems much cheaper than the last time I went to see the doctor for some antibiotics, that was $141 for five minutes!

Bad Water Bill
03-16-2014, 07:01 AM
For almost 50 years I suffered with back and shoulder problems.

A simple visit to a "DEACON" chiropractor found out the cause of all my problems.

Now for the past 27 years I can push a broom or rake leaves without any pain.

Yes there are GREAT ones out there.

mikeym1a
03-16-2014, 07:38 AM
After you get the rib back in place, think about using Arnica Gel, if you aren't already. I've used it on many of my karate injuries, and sometimes it works wonders. Around here, it's about $13.00 for the big tube, and ~$7.00 for the small one. That's at the health food store. WallyWorld carries another brand for less money. Looks and smells the same, and seems to work just as good. Hope you recover promptly. mikey