PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to new member "wrongway" and my offer of free cast boolits

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Posted in other threads,
I edited out the address for obvious reasons.

I would be interested in the .40 & 9 brass I'm retired and just starting to reload again.
Here is my address.
Pete ******* **
*******, ** *****
Thank you ,
Pete. Sr

Sir,I have tried to fill in the blanks on your form but was unable to.Dome history about me,I am a Vietnam veteran,I used to reload 30 yrs. ago but never had a press always used the Lee Classic one at a time thing, now I'm getting back into it and ordered my first press a Lee Precision Ann. Challenger. I do have some dies a set of used 308"s and ordered new 9's and 40's I can use a set of 22-250's if you have any you'd like to part with. Just tell me what you need from me. Thank you,Pete

wrongway,
Welcome to the Best cast boolit website.

While I find it curious that you just joined a "casting" website and all five of your first posts in your first three days here are asking for some simple freebie items and no mention about about casting boolits, I still have this feeling everything you've mentioned is true. With that said, I'd like to congratulate you on your retirement and also I'd like to thank you for your service to our country.

Since you are just starting out (again) and you've expressed interest in loading for 9mm and 40, I would like to offer you some home cast boolits for 9 and 40 for free...I'll pay the shipping to you. All I ask in return is for you to honestly answer a few questions.

How did you find our castboolits website ?
Why did you join our castboolits website ?
AND
there must be a story to the nickname "wrongway", would you tell us that story?

I sent you a PM (Private Message) with a link to this thread, as this site is large and it can be a daunting task to maneuver through it. I only hope you have figured out how to use the PM feature.

Lastly, I posted this in the open, figuring if we got to know you a little better, there'd be other members here that are feeling generous.
Jon

wrongway
03-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Jon I was told about this site from a friend I met on FB he suggested I join and could learn a lot and ask questions . I have never attempted to cast my own just want to get familiar with using a press first. I did 3 tours in Vietnam '63-'66. Wrongway,well I used to drive Over the road I was never heading home always seemed I was going the wrong way to get there. Please if there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask.
I'd like to thank you for the cast bullets and if need be I can help with the shipping.
Pete.Sr

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-15-2014, 06:31 PM
wrongway,
thanks for the response.
I'll cover shipping....no probs there.
I'll send out 100 or so of each...and maybe some 22 caliber as well.
I got your address.
Good Luck,
Jon

wrongway
03-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Thank you Jon and if theres any thing I can ever do to help you or anyone else if I can I will.

Thecyberguy
03-15-2014, 09:41 PM
JonB, It was I that sent him here.
I forwarded him to BrassMagnet's thread in helping hands. I did so because Brassmagnet Posted as part of that thread "Please don't ask for dies for another. Rather, encourage them to register on this site and ask themselves."
So, I did just that.
TCG

NewbieDave007
03-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I've bounced several PMs with Pete over the last couple/few days and he seems like a great guy.

Welcome to the forum wrongway.

roscottjr
03-16-2014, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the site wrongway. There are lots of wonderful members here, lots of help and advice. I knew nothing about casting when I joined this forum. I thank the members here for everything I know. I have just recently started 9mm myself but been using jacketed bullets. Hope to try cast boolits soon. Dont be afraid to ask any questions, there are members here who can answer about anything you can think to ask.

Robert

wrongway
03-16-2014, 10:15 AM
I'd like to thank every single member on here rather we had contact or not everyone here is a great person for helping others,yes I am new here and will make mistakes in posting in the wrong place I'm old but I'll learn. Thank you all for helping me by sending me brass bullets,ect I appreciate all the help and I will return te help .
God Bless you and your families and all be safe.
Thank you

Cag40Navy
03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
I'd like to thank every single member on here rather we had contact or not everyone here is a great person for helping others,yes I am new here and will make mistakes in posting in the wrong place I'm old but I'll learn. Thank you all for helping me by sending me brass bullets,ect I appreciate all the help and I will return te help .
God Bless you and your families and all be safe.
Thank you

Sorry sir. I was tasked with the job. Welcome to Cast Boolits and sorry if I came off as a "bad person". Thank you for service. My dad was a Vietnam Veteran as well so I hope you can forgive me.

BrassMagnet
03-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Sorry sir. I was tasked with the job. Welcome to Cast Boolits and sorry if I came off as a "bad person". Thank you for service. My dad was a Vietnam Veteran as well so I hope you can forgive me.

I did task Cag40Navy with contacting everyone with a disqualifying post so they could correct their post before the "Big Bad Wolf" AKA "BrassMagnet" saw it and had to DQ them.
It is not my goal to DQ anyone; however, this project is so overwhelming it is unmanageable already without adding to the complexity by having me searching for dies which aren't here!