PDA

View Full Version : Woke up in Chattanooga TN this morning!

Lefty Red
03-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Morning! On a holiday with son to see the aquarium and Ruby Falls.
Was wondering if there was any good shooting supply stores around here or towards Nashville. Will be heading home on I24 W.

Lefty

RickinTN
03-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Benton Shooters Supply is North east of you in Benton, TN. Not sure how far, but about 50 miles as I recall. The Outpost Armory is just off I-24 at the Buchanan rd. exit just south of Murfreesboro, TN. For a good selection of reloading supplies and a good stock of powder, primers, and bullets A and H reloading supplies on 4th avenue south in Nashville. A and H closes early on Saturdays as I recall....I think 2:00.
Enjoy your shopping,
Rick

Lefty Red
03-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks Rick!

I mostly order online because of the poor in store selection in So IL and WKY. Would like to "coon finger" some stuff before purchasing. :)

Lefty

yancey
03-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Big Daddy's shooting supply just about 20 min out of Chattanooga is another place you might want to try.
The store is on the Tn, Ala line but is only about 5 min off of I 24 W. ( Like Rick said try and make it to the Outpost store)

country gent
03-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Champions Choice is in La Verge tennessee. Caters to the high power bullseye and long range shooters

clintsfolly
03-15-2014, 11:32 AM
And I was thinking this was going to be a booze story!! Clint

Charlie Two Tracks
03-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Me too Clint. Glad to see it wasn't.

Beau Cassidy
03-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Sportsman's Wharehouse off Lee Highway at the Chickamauga Dam exit was my go-to place when I lived there. Most other places mentioned are several hours away from Chattanooga. Outpost Armory is a MUST STOP if you are heading North on 24.

JeffinNZ
03-15-2014, 09:26 PM
"Pardon me Roy, is this the cat that chewed your new shoe?"

Sorry, couldn't help it.

geargnasher
03-15-2014, 10:58 PM
And I was thinking this was going to be a booze story!! Clint

Ya, me too! The kind where the next line involved chewing your own arm off to get away without waking her up....

Gear

Moonman
03-16-2014, 04:51 AM
Fooled me too with that title, I was going to ask what he was drinking?

leftiye
03-16-2014, 05:04 AM
So where was you when yu dozed off?

BaconStrips
03-16-2014, 05:12 AM
Alright, I've always lived in the Northwest so what the devil is "coon fingered"? Never heard the term up here before. I've had a few things go through the grey matter, I don't think its any of them.........

RED333
03-16-2014, 08:28 AM
http://www.theoutpostarmory.com/

Address:
5435 Miller Lane
Christiana, TN 37037
35.722902, -86.318523

Store Hours:
Monday - Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday Noon to 5 p.m.

Be sure to go and see the 50s

Lefty Red
03-16-2014, 09:53 AM
LOL! Glad eveyone on here is very positive about my moral judgements! LOL
I gave up drink to too much excess awhile back. Haven't woken up in a different state in at least five years!
Hell, when I was in the service, would wake up in a different country! Always interesting, trying to sort out a culture and dialect with a hangover!

NO, Jr had his spring break from 5th grade last week and I took off from work to spend time with him. Decided on a little road trip to see the Tennessee Aquarium and downtown Chattanooga. Got to be one the prettiest places in the USA. Stayed there a couple of nights and headed back yesterday.

We did get to Outpost. I spent way too much, but got a couple 6 hole Lee molds and sizing dies. Some nice behind the counter guys and great place. Yep, the 50 cal was awesome! Jr liked it.

Lefty

Lefty Red
03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Alright, I've always lived in the Northwest so what the devil is "coon fingered"? Never heard the term up here before. I've had a few things go through the grey matter, I don't think its any of them.........

Its where you just have to touch and hold something, like a kid messing with something new or a raccoon with something shiny.

Lefty

Lefty Red
03-16-2014, 10:00 AM
So where was you when yu dozed off?

The Holiday Inn Express at exit 170ish. I like staying there, you take Cummings Hwy to Broad St and you are downtown Chattanooga with little mess or traffic.

Lefty

Lefty Red
03-16-2014, 10:02 AM
"pardon me roy, is this the cat that chewed your new shoe?"

sorry, couldn't help it.

lol! :)

41 mag fan
03-16-2014, 11:52 AM
I've heard of coon and possum stomping but not coon fingered.
My boy used to do the possum stomping thing. They'd cruise the backroads, looking for a coon or possum in the road, jump out and kick it.
Well I knew at 19yrs old, i couldn't talk sense into him, so I warned...someday you'll regret doing that.
Wasn't maybe 3mo later, he got what I was warning about.
Guess him and his buddy went out, he found a possum and when he kicked it, it nailed him back.
Bit and scratched him from knee to toes.....
I felt no pity as i told him that it was pretty cruel game to begin with....
I did laugh though...figured he got what he deserved.
He never played that game since. Hard sore lesson learned.

Rick N Bama
03-16-2014, 05:15 PM
If you missed Sticky Fingers BBQ, then you need to go back for another trip soon.

Lefty Red
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM
If you missed Sticky Fingers BBQ, then you need to go back for another trip soon.

I am heading down in a couple months a nd plan on eating there! Had too many people tell me to do so!