http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/SlidePicker/JennRiot.jpg

You can see she really loves her gift:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/SlidePicker/JennRiot2.jpg

MT Gianni
12-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Merry Christmas. You both look happy. Gianni

Buckshot
12-26-2007, 01:26 AM
................Ah sweet Jesus I'm glad she favors your wife! :-) So what did the neighbors think with you out on the porch fixing to do a bayonet charge upon Frosty the Snowman?

..............Buckshot

S.R.Custom
12-26-2007, 01:40 AM
...So what did the neighbors think with you out on the porch fixing to do a bayonet charge upon Frosty the Snowman?

That's Tennessee. You know, the Volunteer State. That's what's known as the Volunteer Position. :mrgreen:

But I think the more pertinent question is, how did he get the bullet hole in the front door? :o

RugerFan
12-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Ahhhhhh...now those are my kind of Christmas presents! Very nice. :Fire:

Razor
12-26-2007, 05:17 AM
Cool presents..
I don't think that's a hole in the front door.. It does look suspiciously like a bayonet dent tho...

Razor

eka
12-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice goodies John. So, that's the shotgun you were telling me about. That was a sweet deal, looks nearly new. Oh, and how did the Nagant revolver test go?

The revolver photo has a kinda mob-Santa-hitman kinda feel to it with the black gloves. :mrgreen:

Enjoyed the shooting and conversation Saturday, we'll have to do it again before too long.

Keith

VTDW
12-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Now that is the most cheese I have seen in a while.:mrgreen:

Dave

Wayne Smith
12-26-2007, 03:15 PM
If its a bullet 'hole' its where a S&W .32 short bounced off!

S.R.Custom
12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
If its a bullet 'hole' its where a S&W .32 short bounced off!

Or a round from a Nagant revolver....?

Ricochet
12-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Went to the Exit 7 Wal-Mart today and bought my little sweetie an after-Christmas present. A box of Remington Express 3 inch magnum 12 gauge 00 buckshot shells. While wearing a Santa hat, the day after Christmas. The salesman never said a word. Must've really hurt, biting his tongue like that.
:mrgreen:

Yeah Keith, it was nice meeting you at the range the other day!

The Nagant I was shooting the other day (the '43 Tula, not the '38 pictured above) shot those loads fine, and it was certainly minute-of-milk-jug accurate. But I had problems with the recoil block sticking behind the advanced cylinder, not letting it retract, and jamming. I've since cleaned it and lubricated it heavily. Haven't had a chance to try it again yet.

As for the neighbors, they're used to stranger things than the above.

(Remember when I was trimming the branches over the driveway with a big claymore?)

Bigjohn
12-26-2007, 09:31 PM
As for the neighbors, they're used to stranger things than the above.

(Remember when I was trimming the branches over the driveway with a big claymore?)

I would have thought a GE 7.62 Minigun would have done a better job as a trimmer. [smilie=1:

I notice you had a smile on your face when standing on ya porch; If I was walking up your path I would want to see a smile like that on the face of a person so armed. If the smile was not there I'd be having second thoughts about going any further. :-D

Merry christmas Ricochet and all the other members of the board. Enjoy your presents,
John

Ricochet
12-27-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks! :-D

pumpguy
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I thought maybe you were the welcoming party for the boy that was picking your daughter up for a date!!!!

Ricochet
12-27-2007, 02:39 PM
That was a few years ago. A long Mosin with bayonet is a great thing to be playing with when the boys arrive. They notice little things like the candy dishes being full of empty cartridge cases, too.

BD
12-28-2007, 01:31 PM
My daughter asked me a couple of times why I was always cleaning a gun whenever a boy came to pick her up. I always answered "cause they're dirty". One of her boy friends slept in the spare room for a week while his family was moving. She told me later he'd been a bit unsettled by the row of action pistol trophies on the window sill, all pointed towards the bed.
BD

Ricochet
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Big, sharp knives are useful, too.