PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Publishing DVD on casting ...something 101

RedHawk357Mag
03-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Anybody bought the dvd(s)? Worth the 40 dollars? Figure the written stuff I have probably covers what is on the DVD but you never know. How is the sound? Hearing challenged lol. Good lighting? Thanks for your input.

Leadmelter
03-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I am not sure what is on it but back in the 80's or so, they put out a series of publications on the "Art of cast bullets". There was treasure of technical and practical material on casting the best bullets possible. I have the set and still refer to them today.
I believe it was 3-4 magazines in the series.
Leadmelter
MI

DonMountain
03-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Does Wolfe Publishing still print the "Handloader" magazine? I used to get it about 20 years ago, but they rarely had any articles about lead boolit handloading, casting or shooting. And rarely had any articles about the old military type rifles and handguns I have and shoot cast boolits out of. Their write-ups were strictly about J-bullets in custom high pressure magnum rounds in special custom high priced rifles. If they are still in business, are they improving in the cast boolit loads any?

dbosman
03-14-2014, 10:46 PM
The DVD contains PDF files of
The Art of Bullet Casting
Bullet Making Annual Vol 1
Bullet Making Annual Vol 2
Cast Bullet Special Edition

I wouldn't have paid the original retail price, but consider it worth having on hand. Copy it to your computer and use a PDF reader with search features for the most use.

If you order $35 or more, you can get the DVD for $13.53 and with free shipping.

New and used available from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Bullet-Casting-Collection/dp/1879356759/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394851248&sr=8-1&keywords=the+art+of+bullet+casting

JeffinNZ
03-15-2014, 03:28 AM
If have them. Really good. I printed the stuff most relevant to my leanings.

RedHawk357Mag
03-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Good to know. Thanks everyone.

Don Mountain...I don't subscribe seems i always mean to but never seem to get er done. I find it on some news stands and usually pay full cover for it. It might be old hat stuff but i am sorta new hat:) I enjoy it when i can.