PDA

View Full Version : Thin Beagle-ing?

Pakprotector
03-11-2014, 09:38 PM
hey-Hey!!!,
I need something for about .0015" worth of Beagle-ing material. This for a wee, .225 mold that is feeding an air rifle. All the stuff I have turned up with search is a lot thicker. I read of a lee suggestion to run cigarette paper, and so acquired some. How does that glue hold up to mold temperatures? what could be used? .001" would be fine if I could get some foil of some sort afixed to one side of the mold...
cheers,
Douglas

fourarmed
03-12-2014, 12:02 PM
The aluminum duct tape (NOT the flue tape) will gain you about a thousandth if you put it on one side of the mould.

Hickok
03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I use the aluminum duct tape recommended by fourarmed on a few of my molds. Works great. The glue on the aluminum tape does a good job. It can move or slip at times, so pay attention as you cast, and give it a check once in a while. All in all it works very good.

oscarflytyer
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Lee engineer recommended the cigarette paper method to me. Said put a spot of bees wax on the mold face away from the handle side, and stick the paper to the bees wax spot.

If you need a smidge of bees wax to to try, shoot me a PM/email (myerssw at knology dot net) and I will send you a small cutting to try. Otherwise, bees wax can be expensive in size, especially if you won't use it all.

geargnasher
03-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Center punch.

Gear

alfloyd
03-13-2014, 07:49 AM
"Center punch.

Gear"

I agree with Gear.
Just put a small punch mark on one side.

Lafaun