PDA

View Full Version : A limited number of die sets are available

BrassMagnet
03-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Closed for now at Post #49 while I sort this out!

See Post #66 for latest info. I will continue to update Post #66 as I sort out the dies.

I should be making a major announcement concerning this thread on Friday, March 28, 2014. I would really like that post to be number 50 so I will reserve #50 now and ignore all posts after #50!

A limited number of die sets are available. It is now pointless to answer the poll in my other thread. More people answered they want either common or uncommon rifle dies than want common or uncommon pistol dies. However, I got the general drift. Rifle and pistol dies are wanted, so I will do both at the same time.

These dies came as a big pile of dies and used to belong to a commercial reloading outfit...actually, two commercial reloading outfits. They are in a giant, well maybe just a truly huge pile of dies. Most have been disassembled. Some are a little rusty and some are a lot rusty. Some even appear to be new and unused dies. The dies which appear to be new and unused are mostly seating dies. Almost all of the sizing dies are steel vice carbide.
There are a limited number of calibers available. There are usually a lot of sets of each caliber. These calibers are calibers which were popular in the 1960s and 1970s. The newest date I have seen on a die is 1980 and many are dated in the 1960s. Many of the die sets are labeled with cartridge designations which were wildcats which became now familiar factory cartridges. A few are from improved cartridges and some are so rare that I have never heard of them! With the number of die sets of each caliber which are available, it makes me wonder if they wore out the sizing dies.
I do believe we have members which would be pleased to have free die sets which a commercial reloader thought of as junk.
It is going to take me a long time to sort these out, clean them up, reassemble the individual dies, and then to sort the dies into usable sets.
Not only that, but Mrs Brass saw one of my credit card bills and complained about how much I had spent on postage! So I can only mail out a limited number of sets each month.

For more details on where these dies came from, read this thread:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?232959-A-limited-number-of-die-sets-will-be-available-soon

Here are some of the rules on applying for these dies, but read them carefully as asking for dies which are not listed will get you disqualified from receiving any dies! Study them carefully and follow them carefully. You may edit your post later to update or correct it! Here is how to apply:

I have a lot of dies sets available. These sets came from two commercial reloading outfits that ceased operation many years ago. All of the dies were disassembled and were just left in a pile of loose dies. I have been cleaning, sorting, and reassembling them into sets so they can be sent to new homes via Helping Hands. This is a big job and I still have an extraordinary amount left to do!
To simplify this process, I would like you to explain what you want and why you want it. Also, let me know what equipment you have to use it with. To further simplify this and make the choosing who gets what I want you to cut and paste the appropriate statements from the below to tell your story in the same format. You can also just fill in the blanks and delete the statements which do not apply.
Please be aware that the available calibers are listed and if you request calibers not on the list that might be cause to disqualify you from receiving any dies!

I am a new reloader just getting started and I
do not have a reloading press yet.
have a single station press. It is a ______.
have a progressive press. It is a _____.
use a press which is not mine. It is a ______.

I have limited experience reloading and I

I am an experienced reloader and I

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____
_____

You can claim rifle and pistol die sets. There is no limit to what you can claim. You may or may not get what you claim.

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I
do not have a lead pot yet.
have a dipper lead pot. It is a ______.
have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a _____.
use a lead pot which is not mine. It is a ______.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I

I am an experienced boolit caster and I

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is __________.
Note: If your Mentor is BrassMagnet, don't bother filling this out as you will be reviewing these! You can answer this question as not applicable.

I do not have a local mentor and I desire one!
My location is __________.
You can answer this question as not applicable.

do not have any boolit moulds yet.
I have a mould. It is a _____.
I have more than one mould. They are: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
I really need a mould in _____ caliber for my rifle/pistol/both. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I have more than one mould. They are: _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
I really need a mould in _____ caliber for my rifle/pistol/both. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I am an experienced boolit caster and I
have a lot of moulds for sale but I just haven't figured out how much BrassMagnet will pay yet!

You can claim rifle and pistol die sets. There is no limit to what you can claim. You may or may not get what you claim. Here is an example filled out by someone who will be grading your request and who will likely have a say in who gets what:

I am a new reloader just getting started and I have a single station press. It is a Rockchucker.
I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
.45 ACP
I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
.223 .308 .270 .30-06
I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I do not have a lead pot yet.
I have a local Mentor and my mentor is Brassmagnet.
I have a mould. It is a really old mould for 32 Win Special and one for .308 at my mentors house.
I really need a mould(s) in .223, .277, and .32 caliber for my rifles.

After cutting and pasting or filling in the blanks and deleting the not applicable, compress your post so it doesn't take up a lot of screen space when people are viewing this thread. After answering the applicable questions, feel free to add a few sentences about yourself. Please don't ask for dies for another. Rather, encourage them to register on this site and ask themselves.
I don't desire this thread to go on forever, but I know it will end up going for many pages.

If you PM me or email me about dies it will irritate me and you will not be eligible for any dies. Beware!
Now for some info on the available dies:

Pistol Dies:
One or more sets

30 Carbine 380 Auto 9 mm 38 Spl 38/357 41 Mag 44-40 44 Mag 45 ACP 45 Colt

Stray dies which may make your set complete.

38 Auto 38 S&W Short

Rifle dies:
One or more sets

220 Swift 222 rem 222 rem mag 22-250 22 rcfm 22 var 223 243 6 mm rem 244 rem
250 sav 256 win 257 wby 25-06 264 Win 6.5x55 6.5 carcano 6.5 MS 6.5 rem mag
270 270 wby 280 Rem 7 mm wby 308 30-06 300 H&H 300 wby 375 H&H 375 wby
Note: 22 var is the wildcat name which became .22-250
Note: 22 rcfm is the wildcat name which became .22 rem jet

Stray dies which may make your set complete.

22H 218 Bee 219 Zipper 243 RC 243 SuRC 244 imp 6mm-284 25-20 250 HLDR
260 AAR 6.5 M/M 6.5x55 swede 284 Win 7x57 7 mm ack 7 mm-350R 7x61 S&H
7.5 SR 7.65 Argy/Belgium 7.65 Mauser 7.7 Jap (seating dies only!) .30-06 Imp
300 A MG 30 B NEWT 30-338 300 Mag Neck 7.5 SR 303 Br 32 Win Spl 8x58R
8x68 8x68R 8 mm-338 348 Win 35 Rem 35 Whelen 358 Norma 458 Win Mag

These rules apply:
1. I am giving it away to someone that needs or wants what I am giving away. 2. "I'll take it" doesn't necessarily rule. The giver can "pass" on recipients calling "I'll take it!" 3. The person giving the item pays the shipping so the item is always worth the shipping. 4. The person receiving the gift is not obligated to give anything.

If you want to donate postage, just make a donation to Cast Boolits! Don't PM or email me!

One final note!
This drawing is open to new or old members. No length of membership or minimum number of posts is required. Since I am paying the postage for SFRBs to send this out, I will limit you to a single SFRB, so ask for what you want!
I probably made a number of errors or mistakes in posting this so I will edit it as I feel like! It will take me many months to clean up, sort, reassemble and box these dies and to finally mail them. So please give me many months to finish! I do not have the brass to test most of these dies. They may be scratched or otherwise worn out. However, unusable for a commercial reloader may be just fine for a hobbyist! There are many, many sets of some calibers!
I guess I failed to mention there are close to 400 pounds of dies.

Zymurgy50
03-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I have been reloading for 30 years, and swaging for 25. Lately I have been having impure thoughts on changing perfectly good 40S&W brass into .452 projectiles, both to use in sabots for my muzzleloader and in my 45LC. I request a 44 expander die to swell the 40S&W brass to accept a lead core. The expander plug can be well worn, as I am thinking that I may have to chuck it in a drill press and sand a thousandth or two from it. Thanks, Z

mrblue
03-10-2014, 11:21 AM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee challegner.
380 Auto and 9mm, I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
308. Thanks

nightal
03-10-2014, 12:23 PM
My grandson was in the Army,82 Airborne, and now is going back to school, we have been loading on my single stage RCBS single stage. I would like to get him some dies of his own, he desires to load .45 ACP 9MM.pistol .223 rifle cartridges.
I am looking for a used press for him also. Thanks Al

Thecyberguy
03-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I am an experienced reloader and I have a single station press. It is a Bonanza co-ax and I have a progressive press. It is a Lee Loadmaster and i have a Lee turret cast iron press..

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:22-250, 256 win, and 308.

There is absolutely no reason I am more deserving of these than anyone else.

These are are calibers I desire and will acquire at some point.
Thank you for what you are doing. Not just giving these away, but the way you are giving people a chance to get them.

I am an experienced boolit caster and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is an old Lyman moldmaster XX which I had it go pop! and burned the cord off it a while back....Got a new cord for a coffee pot from Amazon and it is still working.......it's an oldie but a goodie!.
I am an experienced boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lyman 225415, Lee 309-150F, Lee 22 Bator, Lyman, Lee SC 90361 160gr, Lee Ranch Dog custom .358-100 (6 cav), Lyman 311291 2c, Lee 358-105 sc, Lee 452-230TC 2c , a Lee BP boolit and a Lee round ball mold given to me by none other than our current benefactor, and a couple packed away waiting for me to get fully organized so I can used them again.
I really need a mould in 6.5mm caliber for my 6.5 Grendel rifle .
I have NO moulds for sale and I just haven't figured out how BrassMagnet does it yet!
But am glad he does!!
Guy

Wayne Smith
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Brass, you know me. I am a very experienced reloader, beginning swager, long time caster, and lover of the unusual. My gunsmith is making me a 25 Krag AI and I have a set of dies and a neck die. I have heard that someone (RCBS?) once made a forming die or die set. If you should come across one of these I would guess that there aint noone else interested! I sincerely doubt that you will fine one!

Trelan
03-10-2014, 09:21 PM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee Breech-lok.

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 38/357, 44 mag

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 308

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I do not have a lead pot yet.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lee TL452-230-2R, Lee TL452-200-SWC, LEE 457-405-F
I really need a mould in _.460_ caliber for my rifle/pistol/

C. Latch
03-10-2014, 09:30 PM
41 Magnum

6.5 Remington Magnum
25-06

I've been reloading off and on since the mid-80's. After college I didn't have space or time to get back into reloading, but have done so in the last year or so. My grandfather gave me his 6.5 Remington Magnum before he died but I did not get his dies, brass, etc, and have not shot it yet; a set of dies would greatly help this. I also have a 25-06 that I simply have never purchased dies for.

I'm asking for the .41 dies because a friend of mine has a .41 Magnum blackhawk. I'd like to surprise him with some ammo this summer, and dies would make that much easier.

edit: I have a rockchucker RCBS single-stage press.

Bored1
03-10-2014, 09:31 PM
You are setting a great example of generosity BrassMagnet!!!

I have limited experience reloading. I have a single stage press, it is a Lee Challenger.
I have a turret press it is a Lee Turret.

38 spl/ 357 mag & 44 mag.

220 Swift & 6.5 Carcano Neck Sizer

William Yanda
03-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I am a new reloader just getting started. I
have a single station press. It is an rcbs jr .

_44 Mag____
_45 LC____
_____
_____
_I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I

have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a __Lee4-20___.

I claim this forum as my mentor

I do not have a local mentor and I desire one! Or at least contact with some nearby casters and reloaders.
My location is __1 hour south of Rochester, NY________.

I acknowledge the rules. BrassMagnet, your generosity seems boundless. May I make a gift in Payitforward in response to your efforts?

Sincerely.

SciFiJim
03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker.
I would actually call it more than limited, but less than expert.
I know that safety comes first and to not take any load without verifying it somewhere else first.

I would call my boolit casting the same. I have more than limited, but less than expert experience and knowledge.
I taught myself by what I learned here.
I have a bottom pour pot. It is a Lee 4-20. I also use a stainless steel sauce pan and soup ladle to ladle pour when needed.

I desire Pistol dies for

380 Auto
9 mm
44 Mag

I desire Rifle dies for
30-06
and anything for 35 Whelen

Touchngo
03-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I have experience reloading 9mm and .223. I have a single station press. It is a LEE Classic.

I desire a bullet seating die in 9mm. current lee die sometimes causes issues
Just bought my first SA, Ruger BlackHawk .357 Magnum.
If I were to get .44 Mag dies, I would have to go out and get a Ruger Super BH Hunter.
.30 carbine dies (also needed for M1 Carbine).
.38 auto dies would be last.

I desire Rifle dies for the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers:
30-06, .308, and 30 carbine for my M1 carbine and M1 Garands (30.06 and .308) all from CMP.

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a Lee Pro 4-20 that hasn't been warmed up yet. Have accumulated 50lbs of range scrap, 30lbs smelted on the turkey fryer. 30 lbs of different lead from roto metals. First cast will be with their Lyman #2 so I start with a known quality pb.

I have a lee 356-125-2r and a NOE mould 358242 121 4 cavity. Both virgins.
I need moulds for the .357 pistol.
I need moulds for the .30 cal carbine and rifles.

No mentor in Pensacola but I believe this forum is next best. Don't have contributor logo with avatar because I used donate via paypal instead of joining.

roscottjr
03-10-2014, 11:29 PM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lee Challenger.
9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP

243, 270, 308, 22-250

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a LEE 4-20.

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is wife's cousin.

I have limited experience as a boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: Lee CTL312-160 and Lee C309-170.
I really need a mould in 9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP caliber for my pistol.
I really need a mould in .223, 243, 270, 308, 30-06 caliber for my rifle.

mhat
03-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I've been reloading bout 12 years, casting my own bout 10. I have a single station press it's a Rockchucker. I also have a LEE 4-20 bottom pour pot.
1)- 9mm, 2) 45 long colt, 3) 380 auto

1) 308, 2) 25/06, 3) 22-250,

I have more than one mould. They are: lee 45 ACP 230 RN, lee ,158 SWC, lee C324-175, lee 429-200RF, lee401-175-SWC,lee,457-405-f & 340-F, lee 30cal- 150-F,160-R and 2 Lyman moulds 22 cal 55grFN,GC & 44250 GC-HP
I would love to have a moulds for 9mm, 380 & 270 win. I have a Rem. 700 in .270 win made in the early 70's that would be great to shoot some lead in. A mould for 45LC would be nice to.
I deserve nothing, but any would sure be nice to have. Thank you for all that yhou do for this great fourm.

Mark

AlaskanGuy
03-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Hi BM.....

I am alaskanguy, and i have been reloading for about, well, let me see here, i am 52 or 53, and started reloading when I was in my early 20's... I am pretty much self taught, and learned many lessons the hard way. I have several presses, and have recently begun to cast for shotguns....

I could really use a set of 41 pistol dies for sizing my 410 shot shell brass shells... But i can live without if there is another that needs it more....

Thanks for doing this on the board BM...

AG

Ps... See what happens when I read without my bi-focals mr. Fairy... [smilie=1: you were right...

Outch
03-11-2014, 01:04 AM
I have limited experience reloading and
I have a single station press. It is a Lee Classic Cast Single Stage Press.

38/357
380 Auto
30 Carbine

30 Carbine

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and
I have a mould LEE 452-230-TC
I have only casted twice and I will say it is an
art that must be mastered.

I would really like a mould in 9mm caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.
I would really like a mould in 7.62x39 caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.
I would really like a mould in 223 caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.

I've been a member for a while, but I've not posted much/at all. Mostly just read the articles, reloading problems, and all the great reloading/casting data. I currently reload for 9mm, 223, and 45acp. My 45acp load works great, still learning on the others. I have a trade in the works for a Hornady L&L press from a friend, we'll see how that goes.

histed
03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
I am an experienced reloader and I have a single station press. It is an RCBS Rockchucker.
I desire to load the following rifle calibers
.243 Winchester
.264 Winchester
.270 Winchester

I have a mould LEE TL 358-158SWC, 356-124 2R and 533 410m
I have only casted twice (including today) and I will say it is an
art that must be mastered.
I would like to have a mold for 30 caliber flat nose (30-30)

Orland
03-11-2014, 08:34 PM
have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker.

222 rem
22H ( stray dies)

I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers
38/357

I have more than one mould. They are: ___lee 459-405-HB. Lee 429-214-swc. Lee 425-200-swc.
I really need a mould in __22___ caliber for my rifle. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

I have a local Mentor and my mentor is sharpsshooter.

deerspy
03-11-2014, 09:15 PM
have a single station press. It is a old Hornady Pacific
45 Colt

wcp4570
03-11-2014, 10:47 PM
BrassMagnet
Thanks for what you are doing here on helping hands, you are a very generous man.

I am an experienced reloader and caster. My presses are a RCBS RC, Reloader special with piggy back, have my son's Dillon 650 and a loaner 1050 (be a sad day when the guy wants it back). Casting includes Saeco pot, molds include a couple 30cal, 243, 9mm, 38/357, 41mag, 44mag, 45acp (would love to try a 6.5 mold for my old Swede).

I desire to load the following rifle calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: 6.5x55mm if no one else request them.

Could also us a couple of RCBS pistol expander die bodies without expander. Will be using the bodies for M die expander.

wcp

Postalpaul
03-12-2014, 11:04 PM
30 carbine

30-06
25-06

Much obliged sir

wrongway
03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Afternoon,I'm new to this site and after 30 yrs.'m getting back into reloading. I understand through a friend someone has .40 brass for sale. I would be interested.

wrongway
03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Sir,I have tried to fill in the blanks on your form but was unable to.Dome history about me,I am a Vietnam veteran,I used to reload 30 yrs. ago but never had a press always used the Lee Classic one at a time thing, now I'm getting back into it and ordered my first press a Lee Precision Ann. Challenger. I do have some dies a set of used 308"s and ordered new 9's and 40's I can use a set of 22-250's if you have any you'd like to part with. Just tell me what you need from me. Thank you,Pete

NewbieDave007
03-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Afternoon,I'm new to this site and after 30 yrs.'m getting back into reloading. I understand through a friend someone has .40 brass for sale. I would be interested.

Brass- please forgive my stepping on your thread but...

Pete- I have a box of .40 S&W brass that you can have. I'm going to PM you for your address and I will get the SFRB out to you. One last thing... Thank you for your service.

Thanks.
Dave

p.s. PM sent

olgandalf
03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Brassmagnet,

I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a Lyman Spartan (not a Spar T).
I desire to load the following pistol calibers and I would like die sets in these calibers: .380 .38
I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I do not have a lead pot yet. I have a mould. It is an antque 25-20.
I really need a mould in .32 caliber for my rifle/pistol/both.

Olgandalf

Brett
03-14-2014, 05:55 PM
have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker.
I have a progressive press. It is a Lee Loadmaster.

380 acp, 44 mag, 45 colt

30-06, .223, .308, 7.7

have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a Lee 10lbs.

I do not have a local mentor and I desire one!
My location is North East GA.

have more than one mould. They are: lee 401-175 tl, RCBS 358-148 wc
I really need a mould in .45 acp caliber for my pistol. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

thanks for all that you do!

super6
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM
I would like a box of junk whatevers. Any hollywood, 30.06 38 39 whatever it takes. Hell send a box of decapping pins! thanks in advance.

wnmGng
03-14-2014, 06:50 PM
I Have limited experience reloading and I
have a single station press. It is a RCBS Rockchucker
45ACP
9mm

220 Swift

have a bottom pour lead pot, It is a Lee pro 4 20lb.

I have more than one mould. They are: Lee 2c 452230TC and a lee 2c 452230LRN TL.
I really need a mould in .40, 9mm, .454 ball caliber for my pistol.
I really need a mould in 6.5mm, 308 caliber for my rifle.

brstevns
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Just want to say it is great what you are doing!

brstevns
03-15-2014, 12:18 PM
I sure don't know how you do it but God Bless
have a single station press. It is a Old lyman Spartan also use a Lee Hand Loader______.
9m/m_____
250 savage___
303 brit_____
223 rem

Baryngyl
03-15-2014, 07:58 PM
The only thing I really need is a mold for my .223 and 22-250, not sure why you want us to post about what mold/s we may want/need but I will post mine here.

I am an experienced reloader and I have 3 single station presses. They are Lee Precision Challenger Press, Lee Precision Breechlock Challenger Press and a Lee Precision Reloader Press.

I am an experienced boolit caster and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a 10Lb Lee Precision Production Pot IV.

I am an experienced boolit caster and I have more than one mould. They are: To many to name here.
I really need a mould in 22 cal for my .223 and 22-250 rifles.

Michael Grace

BrassMagnet
03-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Sorry sir. I was tasked with the job. Welcome to Cast Boolits and sorry if I came off as a "bad person". Thank you for service. My dad was a Vietnam Veteran as well so I hope you can forgive me.

I did task Cag40Navy with contacting everyone with a disqualifying post so they could correct their post before the "Big Bad Wolf" AKA "BrassMagnet" saw it and had to DQ them.
It is not my goal to DQ anyone; however, this project is so overwhelming it is unmanageable already without adding to the complexity by having me searching for dies which aren't here!

screamingjohnny
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
Brass magnet I just wanted to say this is an awesome thing to do!

gneigum
03-16-2014, 09:00 PM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single station press. It is a rcbs rc IV.
I desire to load the following rifle caliber and I would like a die set in this caliber: Carcano 6.5
I am new to boolit casting, nave no tools yet but have started collecting scrap lead.
I have no mentor.
Thank you

whomeno
03-17-2014, 09:20 PM
I am an experienced reloader and I have a single station press. It is a RCBS Jr3.
9 mm 38 Spl 38/357
I have a mould. It is a Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 358-125-RF.
I really need a mould in .358 for my 9mm caliber for my pistol.
I have been on cast boolits for a year now. I just renewd my membership on the 15th.
I have learned a lot from the members here, and can say this is one of the best forums there is.
Thanks

labradigger1
03-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Brass Magnet, sorry as i cannot copy/paste on this tablet so i will go by memory.
I am an experienced reloader
I have a semi progressive press, it is a lyman t-mag II
I have 2 progressive presses, they are dillon rl 550's
I am an experienced caster
I have two bottom pour pots, they are lyman 61's
I do not desire any molds
I do desire pistol dies in 9mm
I do desire rifle dies in 218 bee, i have the brass, 225438 mold but no.dies. i am currently looking for a 218 to replace my rimfires.
This feels like a Christmas list to santa from when I was a kid.
Santa?, is that you?
Lab

shooterbob
03-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi this is an awesome thread.
I am an experienced reloaded since 04. I have a Dillon 550b, a lock n load and a old hollywood single.
I would like the 256 win dies pls as I shoot this in a contender.
Thanks
Stacy

AMT7
03-18-2014, 09:35 PM
We (3 young adult sons & I) are new to reloading & have a new Lee 50th Anniversery Kit single station breech lock Challanger "O" frame press.
We desire to load these pistol calibers:
.380acp/auto, 9x19 Para/ Luger & 45acp.
We desire to load these rifle calibers:
220 swift, 22 var/22-250, 223, 243, 25-06, 6.5x55, 270, 270 wby 280 rem, 7mm wby, 308, 30-06.
If box gets full please stop/drop biggest calibers 308, 30-06 etc to fit.

We are new boolit casters getting started & we:
Have used commercial ~5lb dipper pot & vgc Lyman 20lb bottom pour pot.

We do not have a local mentor and we desire one! Location is Tulsa/ Broken Arrow/ Catoosa OK area.
New to boolit casting getting started and have one boolit mold in Lee New 90466 alum 9x18 Makarov .365" dia 95gr 1R ogive radius 2 cavity with handles.
LEE alum molds on order due in this week with handles unless noted:
Bator special order 22 (.225") 55gr RF 6 cavity alum ? On handles,
90465 .356" 124gr RN 9x19 Para/Luger 6 cavity alum,
90433 .401" 175gr 10mm/40cal SWC 6 cavity alum,
90672 .356 95gr 380acp/9mm RF 6 cavity alum,
90360 .285" 130gr R 7mm alum 2 cavity.
WE DESPERATELY NEED THE FOLOWING BOOLIT MOLDS:
6.8 SPC/270 CAL ~.278"-.279"~115gr deer round
243win .244" ~100gr deer round.

I am out of work on medical leave for 4 of last 6 months aircraft tech trying to keep my 3 young adult sons and almost 17 year old youngest daughter sane or busy and from killing each other with shooting hobby :-) turned reloading and casting. We also home school so mastery of these skills gets them Vocational credit! The boys are already good welders small engine, auto mechanics, troubleshooters & handy men, thank God cause I can not do much. This hobby is my rehab to hopefully get back to working before we run out of funds. Thank you BrassMagnet! The phone call did me much good.

Zymurgy50
03-18-2014, 10:33 PM
AMT7, I have a set of unused, old stock 25-06 rcbs dies that George would love to drop on your doorstep. If you would be so kind as to PM me with your address I will point George in your direction. Just a warning though, George is a crafty little sneak. If I lived a bit closer I would be happy to mentor you and your family.

My 17 y/o daughter is almost as good a shot as I am, and absolutely loves her 50 Omega.....

mhat
03-20-2014, 10:31 AM
AMT7, don't have any spares to send you but I have plenty of prayers. So you and your family will be added to my prayer list. God bless.

Mark

1989toddm
03-20-2014, 05:39 PM
have a single station press. It is a Lee C Frame.

22 Hornet
222 Rem
22-250

I have a mould. It is a Lee 457-340.
I really need a mould in .44 Mag caliber for my pistol, and .22 for my 222 Rem.

Thanks! Blessings to you and yours!

Thunder 2-Zero
03-20-2014, 11:16 PM
This is Nightal's grandson, I have been back from active duty for a few years now and am currently in the national guard. I am also attending my local community college working towards my bachelors degree. If you still have some the dies available I could use a set of .223/5.56, 9mm, and .45 ACP. Any of those would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

OeldeWolf
03-22-2014, 01:36 AM
have a single station press. It is a _Forster Co-Ax__RCBS Rockchucker___.

__.45ACP___

_30-06____
_.223/5.6____
_7.7 jap if you still have anything for that.____

have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a _LEE 10 lbs____.

I do not have a local mentor, but I have an old friend 3 towns away that has done some casting since dirt was still on the pallet, and I have this forum.
My location is __Central Valley, Californistan________.

I have more than one mould. They are: _.38sp__.44spl__ __38S&W___ _.451 round ball____ Mostly LEE, and several are TL___I think 2 old lymans.__ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
.30 for my 30-06 springfield
.457 round ball for my Walker replica pistol
.223/5,6 for my rifle

I am going to have a few of moulds for sale, LEE tumble lube, but I just haven't figured out how much BrassMagnet will pay yet!
(I am guessing not much, if anything!)

I was loading a fair bit of j-words in 6.5 Swede, 7x57, and commercial cast in 38 spl and 44 spl several years ago. Then I started not doing so well, and was finally diagnosed. So I have done reloading and a bit of casting, but got stopped by health and needing some sizing dies. I am on disability now, and working on getting back into things. But hardware items are going slow, as I am trying to pay off the med bills. Basically, if you send me anything, it will help make things happen more quickly. And be greatly appreciated.

OeldeWolf

Jr.
03-22-2014, 02:09 AM
use a press which is not mine. It is a - Dillon 550B/Lee Pro 1000

256 Win

Thank you

beezapilot
03-22-2014, 02:41 PM
I am a moderatly experienced loader, I have several presses, I need a mould under 100 grains for 32-20, .32 S&W, .32 H&R.

AMT7
03-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Delete

super6
03-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Yaa, Delete my request too. There's more deserving people than me. Thanks for all your doing!!!

rmatchell
03-24-2014, 11:09 PM
have a single station press. It is a Rockchucker.
have a progressive press. It is a Lee pro 1000.

222 rem
7x57

have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a Lee 4-20

I have more than one mould. They are:
Lyman
NOE
RCBS
32-98-swc
44-245-kt
38-162-swc
Lee
356-120-tc
309-150
285-130
MP
69gr 225
I really need a mould in 8mm caliber for my rifle/pistol/both. (Please bold and underline as appropriate!)

BrassMagnet
03-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Closed for now at Post #49 while I sort this out!
I should be making a major announcement concerning this thread on Friday, March 28, 2014. I would really like that post to be number 50 so I will reserve #50 now and ignore all posts after #50!

BrassMagnet
03-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Baryngyl was the only one to mention that something did not add up in this thread. He was 100% correct! There is more going on here than one member giving away a limited number of sets of dies that came from out of business commercial reloaders!

Usually, I would start at the top of this list and work my way down until I have done what I can as a mere Elf! However, I have decided to do it differently this time. I am going to play favorites this time.

Everyone that posted in this thread following the rules is listed in the Wants and Needs list and they will get something! Some of the reloading dies are limited in number, such as 9MM, 45 ACP, 223, and 308 and nearly unlimited in demand so I will either have to play favorites or send some good members home empty handed. On those calibers, I will likely favor those who requested the fewest items.

When I first mentioned this thread idea to a friend on this forum, he offered to provide a three position progressive reloading press and some other goodies to add to the pile of dies. After posting this thread, other members have offered to add die sets, moulds, boolit lube, and other items. I am going to clean
out the garage and add some other items. If they are specific to a specific reloading press, then people who named those presses get the first chances to get them.

I will start a new thread for the reloading press and it will be a contest to guess which die sets it comes with and it will only be open to Thunder 2-Zero and Jr as neither one of them owns a reloading press. I will post the rules for them to follow in that thread. Additionally, those two members will go to the head of the list for the calibers they requested and those dies sets will not be included in the restricted contest.

I will PM individual members about the moulds available and allow them to choose from the avalable moulds one of the moulds they listed until all are gone.

There is still room in this thread for other people to donate items on members Wants and Needs list which I can not provide out of my assets and the assets other members have donated for this thread. I will try to post photos and descriptions of the items I am adding. The one SFRB limit still applies to everyone not receiving the press!

I have run into some setbacks on preparing these dies. My dehydrator died. The heating element is the bad part. I have an idea for a new type of heating element, but I will have to wire it for more elements as the ones I am familiar with are lower wattage than the antique wire-wound original! I could try to use Mrs Brass' convection oven, but that might not end well!

This is what I have come up with so far:
Wants and Needs list

Zymurgy50 44 expander die mailed 5/3/14

mrblue 380 Auto, 9mm, 308

Thecyberguy 22-250, 256 win, 308. mailed 5/24/14 Needs 6.5 mould.

Trelan 38/357, 44 mag, 308. Needs 460 mould.

C. Latch 41 Mag, 6.5 Rem Mag, 25-06. Mailed 6/27/14

Bored1 38/357, 44 mag, 220 Swift mailed 5/24/14 6.5 Carcano Neck Sizer

William Yanda 44 Mag, 45 LC. Needs Mentor 1 hour SOuth of Rochester, NY!

SciFiJim 380 Auto, 9 mm, 44 Mag, 30-06, Whelen

Touchngo bullet seating die in 9mm, 44 Mag dies, 30 carbine dies, .38 auto, 30-06, 308. Needs 30 & 357 mould. Needs Mentor in Pensacola, FL.

roscottjr 9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP, 243, 270, 308, 22-250. Needs 9mm, 38 SPL, 45 ACP,.223, 243, 270, 308, 30-06 moulds.

mhat 9mm, 45 LC, 380 auto, 308, 25-06, 22-250. Needs 380, 9mm, 45 LC, & 270 moulds. Mhat no longer needs a 45 LC mould. C. Latch donated a rather nice one to him. Thanks C. Latch!

AlaskanGuy 41 Mag. Mailed 5/16/14

Outch 38/357, 380 Auto, 30 Carbine. Needs 9mm, 7.62x39, & 223 moulds.

histed 243, 264, 270. would like a 30 caliber flat nose (30-30) mould.

Orland 38/357, 222 rem, 308, 22H. Needs 22 mould.

deerspy 45 Colt mailed 5/24/14

wcp4570 6.5x55 (& RCBS pistol expander die bodies for M die)

Postalpaul 30 carb, 25-06, 30-06.

wrongway 22-250 mailed 5/3/14

olgandalf 380, 38. Needs 32 mould.

Brett 380 acp, 44 mag, 45 colt, 223, 308, 30-06, 7.7. Needs 45 acp mould. Needs Mentor in NE Georgia.
Brett Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, #4, #7, #8, & #9 shipped with 7.7 dies by Rmatchell

super6 a box of junk whatevers.

wnmGng 9, 45ACP, 220 Swift. 308. Need 9mm, 40, .454 RB, 6.5mm, 308 Moulds.

brstevns 223 rem, 250 sav, 303 brit mailed 5/24/14

Baryngyl Needs 22 mould.

gneigum 6.5 Carcano Note: No address provided and did not respond to PM request for address. Only set of 6.5 Carcano dies given to another member.

whomeno 9 mm, 38/357, 243. Needs 9 mm mould.

labradigger1 9mm, 218 bee. I am not Santa, just one of the elves!

shooterbob 256 win Mailed 4/23/14

AMT7 .380acp, 9mm, & 45acp, 220 swift, 22-250, 223, 243, 25-06, 6.5x55, 270, 270 wby, 280 rem, 7mm wby, 308, 30-06. Needs Mentor in Tulsa/ Broken Arrow/Catoosa, OK area.If box gets full please stop/drop biggest calibers 308, 30-06 etc to fit. Need 6.8 SPC/270 CAL ~.278"-.279"~115gr deer round 243win .244" ~100gr deer round moulds.

1989toddm 22 Hornet, 222 Rem, 22-250. Needs 44 Mag and .222 Rem moulds.

Thunder 2-Zero 9mm, 45 ACP, 223. Mailed 6/20/14 with a Lee press.

OeldeWolf 45ACP, 30-06, 7.7 jap. Need 22, 30, 457 RB moulds.
OeldeWolf 7.7 jap dies and Lee 309200 mould mailed 5/24/14.

Jr. 256 Win Mailed 4/23/14

beezapilot Needs a mould under 100 grains for 32-20, .32 S&W, .32 H&R.

rmatchell 222 rem, 7x57. Needs a mould in 8mm caliber for my rifle. Mailed 5/2/14

BrassMagnet
03-28-2014, 09:39 AM
Post #50 Updated. Photos to follow when time allows.

When I first mentioned this thread idea to BjornB, he offered to provide this three position progressive reloading press and some other goodies to add to the pile of dies.

I will start a new thread for the reloading press and it will be a contest to guess which die sets it comes with and it will only be open to Thunder 2-Zero and Jr. as neither one of them owns a reloading press. I will post the rules for them to follow in that thread. Additionally, those two members will go to the head of the list for the calibers they requested and those dies sets will not be included in the restricted contest.

All I can say about the rules so far is this:

1. Only Thunder 2-Zero and Jr. are eligible for this special drawing.
2. Only Thunder 2-Zero and Jr. will get every die set they requested prior to post #49 being posted.
3. I have not yet decided which caliber/manufacturer die sets will go in those two boxes, but they will not be limited to the calibers listed as available in the thread "A limited number of die sets are available" and they will not be calibers requested by either Thunder 2-Zero and Jr.
4. The die sets which go in those boxes will not be rare or difficult to guess!
5. In the event both Thunder 2-Zero and Jr. guess the same number correctly, then I will add another set of dies and solicit a new guess.
6. Thunder 2-Zero and Jr. (or their designated spokesman will PM their guess to me and the first guess will be the only guess accepted.
7. If we get too many ties, then it will go to a dice roll or something similar to break the tie.
8. There are no shell plates with the press so hopefully we can find someone to donate some to go with the dies sets.

C. Latch
03-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Wow. This is awesome.

I'll play along some more - I have, and will try to dig up this weekend, a Lee .452-300-rf 6-cavity mold that I do not use. I had some trouble casting with it; in hindsight I probably never got it hot enough to drop good bullets.

If someone reading this thread needs such a mold - and can articulate why they need it (not just to add to a collection) I will ship it to them for free. You'll have to get handles for it, but the mold will be free.

Zymurgy50
03-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Regarding the burned out element on your dehydrator, If you had niachrome wire would it be possible to rewire the element? I just happen to have a small roll of that in the toolbox, was used as cutting wire on shrink-wrap machines. If you think it might work it is yours.

BrassMagnet
03-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Regarding the burned out element on your dehydrator, If you had niachrome wire would it be possible to rewire the element? I just happen to have a small roll of that in the toolbox, was used as cutting wire on shrink-wrap machines. If you think it might work it is yours.

I know a company which sells elements which will fit. They plug into a light socket and are available in 100 and 200 watt sizes and they are the shape of a light bulb. We use them at work to heat steel boxes outdoors. We have some that have been in use for over ten years. I just have to find one of their dealers and see it they will sell direct to private individuals. I will need to wire in another light socket which can take a 200 watt bulb. Not too big a task, it just has to be fit into my schedule somewhere!

AMT7
03-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Yaa, Delete my request too. There's more deserving people than me. Thanks for all your doing!!!

That is not what I meant. I went to respond to a comment then chose not to leave it due to it being off topic. So edited to say delte.

I have good news regarding one of our reasons for needing molds & dies. Thank God, I was finally able to get off all meds & cleared to get back to work today after fighting systems, bad practices of burocrats, red tape, an increasingly overloaded, greedy, frustrated, lazy when it comes to paperwork and process they are not familiar with that is non verbal, disfunctional medical system which am projecting collapse of due to that terrible ACA (in about 18 months to 2 years) into 3 month appointment waits lots fewer providers syrrocketing costs due to very costly extremely specific electronic coding and many Dr's in private practice leaving for more profitable and less frustrating AU and other places & or pharmacist positions due to reimbursement rates below costs. Unless you have big bucks forget timely visits. We have gone into alternative mineral & herbal treatment for the last 12 years seeing the system headed for disaster. Just pray that the socialists don't get ahold of that industry like in France or its doomed to get price and effacacy standardized raising costs again.
Still can not find the items in the OP. We are working on getting George taken care of & that brass out.
We want to get a very used Rockchucker and put the range brass we can't get rid of into good use as boolit jackets. Lots of 22lr, and some others. But takes pricey die sets and adj or specific core molds.
Finally got to go shooting with all 4 sons. Also we sifted & picked up from on top 38 lbs of range lead on wed. But need smaller like 2"-2.5" casting stir / dross ladel and smaller Rowell #1 pour ladel to use any of it as my pots are barely to small to use Roto's 3" skimmer w/ 1/4" holes & Rowell #2 we have.

Am posting the excellent Alliant e3 (nitro mix shotgun powder) pistol load work up range reports for 380acp, 9mm, 10mm auto also in appropiate section since powder woes will get worse for next 90 days at least. Here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2708181

And playing along we will likely have some 22 LR mixed short and few other rimfire indoor range brass left likely we will offer up to folks needing 223 jacket swedging brass PM me about you with brief reason for needing. If you can PM email and address for invoice covert Paypal gift $6 for shipping we can get it out in a USPS Flat Rate Small Priority box or pouch much sooner due to me being out of work for many months on medical leave.

plmitch
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Good things happening here. Thanks Ron.

BrassMagnet
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Check Post #51 again as there is now a photo and some more info!

NewbieDave007
03-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Very cool Brass.

wnmGng
03-28-2014, 06:36 PM
this is great, truly an awesome way to help new people get into loading.

AMT7
03-28-2014, 08:28 PM
That is not what I meant. I went to respond to a comment then chose not to leave it due to it being off topic. So edited to say delte.

I have good news regarding one of our reasons for needing molds & dies. Thank God, I was finally able to get off all meds & cleared to get back to work today after fighting systems, bad practices of burocrats, red tape, an increasingly overloaded, greedy, frustrated, lazy when it comes to paperwork and process they are not familiar with that is non verbal, disfunctional medical system which am projecting collapse of due to that terrible ACA (in about 18 months to 2 years) into 3 month appointment waits lots fewer providers syrrocketing costs due to very costly extremely specific electronic coding and many Dr's in private practice leaving for more profitable and less frustrating AU and other places & or pharmacist positions due to reimbursement rates below costs. Unless you have big bucks forget timely visits. We have gone into alternative mineral & herbal treatment for the last 12 years seeing the system headed for disaster. Just pray that the socialists don't get ahold of that industry like in France or its doomed to get price and effacacy standardized raising costs again.
Still can not find the items in the OP. We are working on getting George taken care of & that brass out.
We want to get a very used Rockchucker and put the range brass we can't get rid of into good use as boolit jackets. Lots of 22lr, and some others. But takes pricey die sets and adj or specific core molds.
Finally got to go shooting with all 4 sons. Also we sifted & picked up from on top 38 lbs of range lead on wed. But need smaller like 2"-2.5" casting stir / dross ladel and smaller Rowell #1 pour ladel to use any of it as my pots are barely to small to use Roto's 3" skimmer w/ 1/4" holes & Rowell #2 we have.

Am posting the excellent Alliant e3 (nitro mix shotgun powder) pistol load work up range reports for 380acp, 9mm, 10mm auto also in appropiate section since powder woes will get worse for next 90 days at least. Here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2708181

And playing along we will likely have some 22 LR mixed short and few other rimfire indoor range brass left likely we will offer up to folks needing 223 jacket swedging brass PM me about you with brief reason for needing. If you can PM email and address for invoice covert Paypal gift $6 for shipping we can get it out in a USPS Flat Rate Small Priority box or pouch much sooner due to me being out of work for many months on medical leave.

In related news:
Found a Rockchucker today, older, used, no dies, but good. For..... wait for it.... $75 ! Through a nearly local fella kinda mentoring me sparsely when he can remotely.
Also avail for same price is a couple of Lyman 450 lube sizers (no dies) that I might get one of but favor heavily that Magna Star but can not afford it. Nubie here, what should I do? Will you guys with multiple lubesizers experience PM me with pros and cons so we do not make a mistake?
Am selling to a friend a used Aamco by Ben Pearson 2 post 7000 lb vehicle lift (and a Yannmar 3cyl short block from a tractor) to finance this which we wanted to install but ran into to many code restrictions.

davidheart
03-29-2014, 09:26 AM
This was very nice of you brassmagnet. I frankly wish I caught on to this thread earlier because I could have used the help myself, but I just wanted to say kudo's to you for helping these guys out! God Bless.

BrassMagnet
03-29-2014, 09:39 AM
This was very nice of you brassmagnet. I frankly wish I caught on to this thread earlier because I could have used the help myself, but I just wanted to say kudo's to you for helping these guys out! God Bless.

There are a LOT of dies left. This project is unmanageable as it is, but after the requests prior to post #49 are satisfied, the inventory of calibers will be updated and there will be another offer posted on these dies.

C. Latch
03-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Btw the lee 452-300-rf is spoken for. Should ship Monday.

davidheart
03-31-2014, 11:22 AM
There are a LOT of dies left. This project is unmanageable as it is, but after the requests prior to post #49 are satisfied, the inventory of calibers will be updated and there will be another offer posted on these dies.

Thank you very much sir. I'll be on the lookout for it as money is very tight and supplies are hard to come by. It's a bummer I didn't get into reloading sooner. If there is any help I could provide please let me know.

BrassMagnet
03-31-2014, 10:49 PM
I am hoping to finish cleaning the requested calibers this next weekend and then to start reassembling dies and sets. I will ship requests out when I have full boxes or nothing left to pack in the box. I should have the dies chosen for the special press drawing by next weekend and I will start the thread then. If you are listed in post #50 with a want or need please PM me your mailing address with a subject line of "Limited number of die sets address" and I will try to mail them when ready. Please be patient as this project is absolutely overwhelming.

BrassMagnet
04-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I will update the Wants n Needs Ready to go List as I get dies and Extra Goodies ready to go. If you are listed in the Post #50 Wants and Needs list you may request items from the Extra Goodies list in this post. When I run out of stuff to add to your box, then I will try to get it mailed.

Wants_n_Needs_Ready_to_go_List

AlaskanGuy
41 Mag
Mailed 05/16/14

Bored1 38/357, 44 mag, 220 Swift mailed 5/24/14

Brett
Lee 452228 RN mould
Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, #4, #7, #8, & #9 shipped with 7.7 dies by Rmatchell
primer flip tray

brstevns 223 rem, 250 sav, 303 brit mailed 5/24/14

C. Latch
41 Mag, 6.5 Rem Mag, 25-06. Mailed 6/27/14

deerspy 45 Colt mailed 5/24/14

gneigum 6.5 Carcano Note: No address provided and did not respond to PM request for address. Only set of 6.5 Carcano dies given to another member.

Histed
Lee 309170 mould

Jr.
256 Win FL & NS
primer flip tray
Mailed 4/23/14

OeldeWolf 7.7 jap dies and Lee 309200 mould mailed 5/24/14.

Orland
222 rem FL & NS

shooterbob
256 Win FL
Mailed 4/23/14

Thecyberguy 22-250, 256 win, 308. mailed 5/24/14

rmatchell
222 rem FL & NS
7x57
8mm mould
Mailed 5/2/14

roscottjr
primer flip tray

Whomeno
Lyman case trim pilots, .135" shaft, for Lyman Universal case trimmer: 9MM

wrongway
22-250
mailed 5/3/14

Zymurgy50
44 expander die
primer flip tray
mailed 5/13/14

Extra Goodies:

Case trim pilots, .185" shaft, .24, .25, & .33. Which trimmer uses these?

Lyman case trim pilots, .135" shaft, for Lyman Universal case trimmer: 9MM, 44, & 45A. (more than one each is available!)

RCBS Bullet Puller Collets: .348 & .41. (more than one each is available!)

Hornady 17 Cal Funnel Adapter (more than one each is available!)

Hornady 17 Cal Trimmer Pilot Cutter (more than one each is available!)

Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, #4 - 17 Rem, 221 Fireball, 222 Rem, 222 Rem Mag, 223, 6x47, 32 Short Colt, 32 Long Colt, 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 Colt NP, 380 Auto

Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, #7 - 22 Hornet, 22 K Hornet, 30 M1 Carbine

Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, #9 - 41 Mag

Lee Load Master Shell Plate, 5 position, Need I say there are more than one of each?

These Extra Goodies are still available!
Who knows which case trimmer uses these trim pilots with a .185" shaft?

doc1876
04-22-2014, 01:35 PM
yup, ain't nothin' better than Christmas in April.

I really am happy I found this forum recently. This seems like a family, cause there is more going on here than in a little league ball game. It is nice to see people doing and connecting with each other and all have a common ground, but many diversified reasons.
I too am fairly new to reloading which made me seek out this sight, and I have learned a lot about it from you all.
Thanks
(yes, we all need something, I just need sanity........ and a time machine)

Zymurgy50
04-22-2014, 08:23 PM
As long as you have some to spare you can throw in a primer flip tray for me please.

C. Latch
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
By 'primer flip trays' do you mean the RCBS tray that plugs into the side of a hand-prime unit?

If so I would LOVE to have a spare. I know I'll break mine one day.

roscottjr
04-22-2014, 09:36 PM
could use a spare primer flip tray as well

mhat
04-22-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm no longer in need of a 45 colt mold. C. Latch passed a very nice Lee 6 cavity mold along to me about 3 weeks ago. I thought I had already posted but haven't. So Brass you can take this one off of my list. Many thanks to C. Latch for this act of kindness.

Mark

BrassMagnet
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I believe we are finally out of primer flip trays. I will sort them out and post where they are going in post #66.

woodsxdragon
04-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Is there someone could request a local mentor? I noticed that was one of your questions and it got me thinking.

BrassMagnet
04-23-2014, 10:28 AM
By 'primer flip trays' do you mean the RCBS tray that plugs into the side of a hand-prime unit?

If so I would LOVE to have a spare. I know I'll break mine one day.

No primer flip trays for the RCBS priming system. One similar Lee with the Lee Pro 1000 and another one like it.

338RemUltraMag
04-23-2014, 10:51 AM
BrassMagnet,

If you have a simple set of 300 WBY dies I could use a set, I am not a new loader nor inexperienced but a friend of mine asked if I could load for him, I would gladly pay shipping.

Thank you
Joshua

rene_limburg
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
First thank you for helping the folks on this forum. I realy appreciate that. (Not sure those silly Europeans also apply.? :? )

Anyway i would be interested in the 8x58r die(s) for my Swedish rolling-block.
Currently i'm shooting Blackpowder loads as i don't have Die's and cant seize/crimp bullets in place for smokeless rounds.
Dies in those calibers are hard to get over here, needles to say i would be a kid at Christmas.
I'm an experienced BP competition shooter/loader. So any 8x58r die will be put to good use on my reloading table.
And if it is a Full seizing die than i can also form my own cases from other calibers.
A picture of the lady in question. :

davidheart
04-28-2014, 10:17 AM
First thank you for helping the folks on this forum. I realy appreciate that. (Not sure those silly Europeans also apply.? :? )

I'm actually a little jealous every time I see European/New Zealand/"Over there" posts because you guys have some VERY interesting and effective cartridges in common use. Posts from overseas are always great to read and learn from. Makes me want to move sometimes. (sometimes) :D

Edmrb
04-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Thank you for this opportunity:
I am a new reloader just getting started and I have a progressive press. It is a Lyman T-magII.
9mm, 40s&w.
I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a bottom pour lead pot. It is a Lee Precision Production Pot IV.
I have a local Mentor and my mentor is my oldest friend.
I am a new boolit caster just getting started andI have more than one mould. They are:rcbs, 09-115rn, Lee 401-175TC.
I really need a mould(s) in _44mag._ & 45 acp caliber for my pistols.

Thank you in advance.Ed B.

BrassMagnet
04-28-2014, 08:24 PM

Currently i'm shooting Blackpowder loads as i don't have Die's and cant seize/crimp bullets in place for smokeless rounds.
Dies in those calibers are hard to get over here, needles to say i would be a kid at Christmas.
I'm an experienced BP competition shooter/loader. So any 8x58r die will be put to good use on my reloading table.
And if it is a Full seizing die than i can also form my own cases from other calibers.
A picture of the lady in question. :

I am sorry, but for 8x58r, I only have one die and it is a seating die.

Can any of our members help this member from Holland?

BrassMagnet

rene_limburg
04-29-2014, 04:34 AM
I am sorry, but for 8x58r, I only have one die and it is a seating die.
BrassMagnet

Thank you.
If the die can crimp the bullet in-place that would already help me out.

woodsxdragon
04-29-2014, 03:34 PM
I found set on eBay. Might be one of the most expensive sets I've personally seen.
Brass, did you reopen this for applications or did I miss something?

woodsxdragon
04-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Well I suppose I could fill it out in case this opens back up.
I have limited experience reloading and i
have a single station press. It is a Lee c frame and a rcbs pardner. My wonderful wife and parents may get me a Lee turret but that's still up in the air for my birthday.
40 s&w, 45acp, 44mag, and/or 9mm mak
30-06, 223 small base (for 300blk forming), 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54r.
I may not get any of these and that's fine.
I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a dipper lead pot. It is a cheapest Lee. Precision melt? Oh and a blowtorch

I do not have a local mentor and I would love to have one!
My location is north east Ohio. Specifically Wayne county. I'd even be willing to drive some to meet and learn.

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have more than one mould that I have found on here. They are: 2 38, 2 45acp/lc, and two 45-70 molds and some split shot molds im sort of using for buckshot.
I really need a mould in .30cal for 300blk and one for misc 30 cal stuff. I literally have no clue about gas checks and the like. Everything I've used has been plain base.

Zymurgy50
05-05-2014, 06:42 PM
My package arrived today,,,,,, THANKS Brassmagnet!!!!!!

BrassMagnet
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
To All who are listed in post #50,

I am trying to sort this all out and it is just too challenging!

Therefor, my methods must be wrong and I must need to change my methods!

So I am changing my methods. I hope to get a fair amount mailed out next week.

Look over post #66, on page 4, for the Extra Goodies list. Everything on that list is still available and it needs to find new homes!
I can't believe I can't even give away 5 position Lee Load Master Shell Plates ! PM me your wants from that Extra Goodies list.

Make sure I have your mailing address. Your mailing address must include you first and last name.

40-82 hiker
05-17-2014, 01:12 PM
BrassMagnet,
I am an experienced reloader and caster. I am in need of a RCBS .41 Boolit Collet Puller. From "Extra Goodies List".
I am now molding again this last year and a half, after a number of decades hiatus. Molding and shooting .40-65, .40-82, and .45-70.
I cannot work now and scratch to keep my sport going, so this need met is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Postalpaul
05-17-2014, 01:43 PM
On post 66

I can use/need a 17 cal powder funnel and anything associated with trimming cutting .17 brass
I have to cross that bridge soon!

BrassMagnet
05-24-2014, 05:57 PM
5/24/14 update:

I will too busy for a month or so and I will be unable to work on this during that time.
I have updated post #50 and post #66 to show the latest status.
As I sort through the dies it has become obvious that I have far more seating dies than sizing dies and many of the sizing dies I have don't work.
So here is a list of the dies which I know I can not provide any more of:
.220 Swift
.250 Savage
.256 Win
6.5 Carcano
7x57 Mauser
8x57 Mauser
.303 British

.41 Mag (except for C.Latch and I am waiting on RCBS for the seating stems).

brstevns
05-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks BrassMagnet. Received my box (boxes) today. Wow! Thank You Sir!

bikerbeans
05-29-2014, 01:53 AM
Thank you for the FL 375 H&H size die!

BB

Bored1
06-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Thank you for the packages you sent me BrassMagnet!!!! Already putting em to use!

deerspy
06-11-2014, 03:08 PM
thank you BrassMagnet for the 45 colt dies

GSRacer
06-12-2014, 09:37 AM
I have 1 year experience reloading and I single station press. It is a LEE.

I am reloading 40 S&W, and 9MM.

I would like to reload .270 Winchester before the hunting season.

Thanks,
GSRacer

C. Latch
06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
:-o

Had a big package in the mail today. Dies - and some brass, and some bullets. I'm as tickled as a kid at Christmas.

THANK YOU!

Cowboy_Dan
07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
I have limited experience reloading and I have a single stage loading press, it is a Lee Challenger.
I am set up to load .30 Tokarev, .38/.357, .44 spl/mag, .45 colt, .45 acp, .223/.556, and 7.62x54mmR.

.30 Carbine

I desire to load the following rifle calibers:
6.5x55 Swedish

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a dipper lead pot. It is a 2qt. saucepan on a turkey frier. I have a local Mentor and my mentor is jcwit. I have a mould. It is a Herters 30169.

I really need a mould in .30 Tokarev and .44 spl caliber for my pistols and .314 for my rifle.

40-82 hiker
07-08-2014, 09:12 PM
BrassMagnet,
I am an experienced reloader and caster. I am in need of a RCBS .41 Boolit Collet Puller. From "Extra Goodies List".
I am now molding again this last year and a half, after a number of decades hiatus. Molding and shooting .40-65, .40-82, and .45-70.
I cannot work now and scratch to keep my sport going, so this need met is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

BrassMagnet,

Used the collet over the weekend. So many thanks...

Bob

DeputyDog25
07-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Brass Magnet,

I have limited experience reloading and I have a single stage loading press, it is a RCBS RS5.
I am set up to load 41mag, .38/.357, .44 Mag, 7mm RemMag, 300 Win Mag and 25-06

.45acp

I desire to load the following rifle calibers:
22-250

I am a new boolit caster just getting started and I have a dipper lead pot. It is a 2qt. saucepan on a turkey frier. I don't have a local Mentor but I am currently looking for one. I don't have a mould.

I really need a mould for 225-06, 7mm, 300 win mag calibers for my rifles.

Thank you so much in advance no matter what the outcome.

BrassMagnet
08-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Bump to the Top!

I've got help this weekend to try and provide as many of the remaining die sets as possible. Post #50 shows which die sets I will be trying to provide. I will start at those who asked for the fewest sets and fill them first, so those who requested the most dies will be last on the list when there are not enough of a given caliber.
If your name is in post #50 and your needs have changed, please PM me.
This thread has been so overwhelming that I won't be reopening it again.
However, for those of you who would like to machine these die bodies into other dies, please PM me with your desires whether you are listed in post #50 or not!

Postalpaul
08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Brassmagnet
first off thanks
second I have sourced a .30 carbine die set

BrassMagnet
08-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I am finally done sorting this mess out! Cag40Navy helped a lot!
One member, AMT7, last logged on to Cast Boolits on 5/17/14, and did not respond to questions in a timely manner. I didn't find any die sets for him.

I have die sets for:

mrblue
Trelan
William Yanda
SciFiJim
Touchngo
roscottjr
mhat
Outch
histed
Orland
wcp4570
Postalpaul
olgandalf
Brett
wnmGng
whomeno
labradigger1
1989toddm
OeldeWolf

I will send PMs to each of these members with a list of what I am sending them and I expect to mail these on Friday, 8/15/14.

BrassMagnet
08-16-2014, 01:45 PM
I mailed most of the die sets today. I will get working on PMing the tracking info.
I still need responses from two members before I can mail their stuff.

This thread is now closed and I will not be re-opening it.

Hooker53
08-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Thank you so much for such a nice undertaking Brassmagnet.

I'm semi exp in reloading and new to casting.
I have a lee single stage, a Lyman 450 and a Lee 4 hole turret.
I would like to setup for and get moulds for boolet casting for .243, 30-06, .44 mag and 45-70.
i need .243 dies and 45-70 dies.
I need Boolit moulds for anything .243 .44, 30-06 and 45-70.

Thanks LOADS and I'm not choosy about quality or and at this stage could use anything plus the old used tumbler I bought this spring punked out on me last week.

Hooker53

westen
08-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I have limited experience reloading
have a single station press. It is a _Lyman T Mag_____.

44 mag_____
_.270____
_.30 30____
_____
_____
_____
_____