PDA

View Full Version : My quest for a good 22 CAL GC mold for AR

rvpilot76
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
It has led me to think that I'd like to have a heavier boolit than 55 grains for use in my 1-9 twist Rock River. I've done a little research, and the two best molds I've found so far are from NEI. Their 62 and 72 grain molds look great! Just what I've been looking for. I suppose my question is this: if I were to go with the 72 grainer, do you think I'd have problems loading them to a magazine length of2.260"? Does anyone here have experience with the heavier boolits in 22 CAL? I know I'm not going to set the world on fire as far as speed goes with 22 cast (not accurately anyway), so I figure if I'm limited by velocity, I'll get the heaviest boolit I can for that given velocity limit. These will be cast from straight wheelweight, which should give the 62 a 65 grain weight, and the 72 a 75.6 grain weight. I don't have stability problems with the 75 grain jacketed with my 1-9, but I'm not sure how that will turn out with cast.

Kevin
http://www.neihandtools.com/catalog/224-62-gc.jpg
http://www.neihandtools.com/catalog/224-72-gc.jpg

nighthunter
12-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Not trying to be annoying RV but will you PLEASE CASH THAT CHECK !!!!!!! My bank will honor it and I would like to get it off my books. I have tried for months to get you to cash it and I never want to be considered a dead beat or in anyway of haveing tried to cheat you of your refund from the group buy of the 22-70-GC. Just cash the check.
Nighthunter

waksupi
12-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I understand nighthunters angst. Having a check in limbo makes for a bookkeeping headache, especially at the end of a year. I know some guys will just hang onto one from the board, thinking he is saving someone a few bucks. It is better to cash them, or tear them up, and notify the sended it has been destroyed. Otherwise, you are creating a problem for the other guy.

dk17hmr
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
If you look up service rifle's and how they load for th 600 yard line they are firing single shot.

You shouldnt have trouble with the 62gr, although it is a J-bullet I shoot 64gr PP out of my AR, I have never tried anything heavier. BlackHills loads 75gr jacketed bullets that will run in an AR-15.

I will try them out for you if you want me to. Between my dad, brother, and myself we have 8 AR-15's and a bolt 223.

Shiloh
12-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Endorse them over to Shiloh. I'll see that they are properly cashed and re-invested back into the economy. Just doing My small part to help folks close the books. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Merry Christmas Folks!!

Shiloh :castmine: