PDA

View Full Version : Guess it's time to ask for a few extra prayers...

possom813
03-09-2014, 01:35 AM
My brother in law(wife's brother) was notified Thursday afternoon/evening that he was being released from the study/trial thing they had him in for his cancer.

Evidently the cancer is too far progressed and the study/trial doctors released him.

He's a decent guy, has a 14y.o. son.

We've been dealing with a heightened emotional state since we got the call, around 8p on Thursday. My wife, kids, mother in law and sister in law have all been crying on my shoulders.

As it is, he may not make it another few weeks.

AlaskanGuy
03-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Bless you possum for being strong for your family... Just love them like jesus my friend.....

possom813
03-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Bless you possum for being strong for your family... Just love them like jesus my friend.....

I appreciate it, but save the blessings towards me for a much later date(hopefully) :-D

I'm not doing anything special

I don't want his agony prolonged, but would like him to stick around as long as he can for the rest of the family. I'm not overly emotional about the situation, as crappy as it sounds. I've come to accept death as the inevitability that it is, and wouldn't wish anyone to be in agony in their final days.

I'm not saddened by death, and it doesn't affect me like I've seen it affect most people. When I was younger I was always afraid of people that I cared about dying. My mother sat me down and explained it to me after my grandmother died.

It's funny, I guess, but all through the proceedings of both parents and my brother, I never shed a tear for their deaths, not until the final walkby at the funeral. I teared up at my dad's funeral and my brother's funeral. I bawled like a baby when I saw my mom for the last time, tearing up now thinking about it actually.

The death and the thought of death has never really bothered me, and unless they're really close to me, I don't tear up at all, for whatever reason.

My brother in law, in the 13 years I've been married to his sister, I can count how many times he and I have spent more than an hour together on one hand(the wife and kids visit him and his wife fairly regular, I'm usually hunting or working when they make that trip)

That's about all I can think of to say right now. It's selfish to want him to stick around for the family, and I know that. I don't want him to suffer, nor do I want the family in this saddened state they are in. They're carrying on as close to normal as they can, but they're all not themselves right now.

Jr.
03-09-2014, 02:26 AM
May the lord bring comfort to you and your family.

missionary5155
03-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Good morning
May God give you the peace you all need. I would keep a Bible handy and take all the time I could with your brother in law reading the verses that remind us of the future for those who have personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. John chapter 14 is a good starter.
Mike in Peru

RED333
03-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Thank you Lord for another day,

w5pv
03-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Prayers for your BIL and family.

Bzcraig
03-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Prayin that the family and he be comforted during his last days and his pain/discomfort be minimal.

dagunnut
03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Prayers for you and your family! I do hope that when its your BILs time that he may be at peace and go comfortably to meet the Lord. His family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know its difficult knowing whats coming so bless you for being the pillar of strength during this time of sorrow.

jmort
03-09-2014, 12:59 PM
You asked and you got it. Praying for your brother in law, and his family.

Charlie Two Tracks
03-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Prayers for you and your family and for your BIL and his family. May God's peace find its way into all affected.

Gibbs44
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Prayers sent.

DLCTEX
03-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Prayers sent. I hate cancer, such a sneaky, mean disease.

possom813
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
We got the news earlier today, cancer treatment centers of america accepted him into another trial and are flying him to chicago sometime in the very near future.

Its looking a lot better today for him than it has in a while

daniel lawecki
03-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Prayers sent to all involved stay strong.

mhat
03-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Praying for ya'll

Mark

doctorggg
03-10-2014, 11:01 PM
praying for all of you. I hope Cancer Centers of America has some good stuff! My friend is in a similar experimental treatment and they have brought him back from the dead basically. He's 80% his old self. Praying that will happen for you BIL and family.

Algaeeater
03-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Done deal! Always a lot of confusion in a situation like this. In the end, just know that God's timing is perfect.

BSalty
03-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Prayers sent

wch
03-17-2014, 08:13 PM
God's blessing for all of you.