PDA

View Full Version : My second ( maybe my first ) Passion FISHING

27judge
03-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Hey guys I have posted before with my new Jetski Setup for Fishing, I though you might enjoy my present Chesapeake Bay Fishing Boat. Its a 27 ft Judge Yachts Center Cosole with a 225 Honda 4 stroke on the back . ( thus the name 27judge )It has radar, GPS Plotter , furuno 585 fish finder, VHF, AM/FM, and about 16 rod holders. Has a head in the console for the Wife. And all the gear safty/convience most boats are equipped with. A very easy boat on fuel , cruises about 22-25 MPH . I bought it new in 2008 after 5 Workboats it was a lot of fun to rig it out for sport use tks for your time KEN

tomme boy
03-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Very nice! On the ocean or one of the great lakes?

ph4570
03-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Very nice. The lift is a sweet setup.

waksupi
03-06-2014, 09:25 PM
How well does the narrow beam handle rough water?

27judge
03-06-2014, 11:17 PM
I live on the the Chesapeake bay, the lift makes docking a lot easier and keeps the boat cleaner and no bottom paint needed. The beam fools you with the bow shot its 8 ft 6 inches and handles the bay chop very well. I have been out on many 3-4 ft sea days and trolled for hours . They use a few of these down Ocean City md and at the Chesapeake bay bride/tunnel for off shore fishing. As with any boat in this class you have to pick your days when you are going offshore. I have never heard a negative report on them . Its a very poplar boat both in the center console and the full cabin cruiser model on the Bay tks ken

ph4570
03-06-2014, 11:47 PM
3-4 foot seas are nothing for a craft such as that.

Beau Cassidy
03-06-2014, 11:49 PM
That Honda motor is the bomb. I had a 2008 21' Ranger bass boat with a 250 Verado on the back. It was a nice motor but very maintenance intensive. Certain oil and filters plus it made oil. I had the CPM reprogrammed to 300 HP and gained 8 MPH. My next boat will have a Honda hanging off the back.

27judge
03-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Honda outboard 4 strokes are tough/hard motors . They are not high as others in H.P. but they make up for it in a long lasting, durable , very low maintenance motor. I had 5 Mercury 200-300 HP motors on 4 different 26 ft open workboats . They were fast but unable to hold up to continuous 8-12 hr duty ,I switched to Honda and never looked back . WE have a few Hondas around here as push boats for pile driver rigs their hours are well into the 2-3 thousand mark. tks KEN

tomme boy
03-07-2014, 01:44 AM
If the 4 stroke motors are making oil, you didn't break them in right. Drive it like you stole it, and it will live it a lot longer. Making oil is common in the 4 strokes. The ring were never seated right. That was one of the reasons behind it. They need full loads during the first few hours. Bring them to temp and ride it hard for 3-5 min. Cruise for 5 min then repeat the WOT. Keep doing that for the first few hours and they live a lot longer and don't make oil.

The other time it does it is if all you do is idle around.

lukeyduke
03-07-2014, 01:48 AM
That is a good looking boat.

waksupi
03-07-2014, 01:55 AM
I live on the the Chesapeake bay, the lift makes docking a lot easier and keeps the boat cleaner and no bottom paint needed. The beam fools you with the bow shot its 8 ft 6 inches and handles the bay chop very well. I have been out on many 3-4 ft sea days and trolled for hours . They use a few of these down Ocean City md and at the Chesapeake bay bride/tunnel for off shore fishing. As with any boat in this class you have to pick your days when you are going offshore. I have never heard a negative report on them . Its a very poplar boat both in the center console and the full cabin cruiser model on the Bay tks ken

Nice it's wider. There are 7-8 foot waves on this lake at times, that will put a tight pucker in you if in anything very small. I stay in the bays!

2wheelDuke
03-07-2014, 02:41 AM
That's a nice looking boat. That'd fit right on for ocean fishing here. I need to get a seaworthy fishing boat again.

MaryB
03-07-2014, 03:09 AM
I used to spend every free hour in summer fishing. Had a little 14 foot alumacraft T14 with a 15hp Johnson. Boat empty weighed 128 pounds so with just myself and my normal fishing gear I could cruise at 25mph to get where I wanted on the lake or when coming back downriver. Got beat up more than once in 2-3 foot waves running for the dock from the calm side of the lake where I had been fishing. Beam? All of 45 inches I think it was. Overgrown canoe. I still get out and fish but just from shore now. My back and bouncing in a boat no longer agree.

JeffinNZ
03-07-2014, 03:50 PM
3-4 foot seas are nothing for a craft such as that.

They are if you have my sea legs.

owejia
03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Worked at NewportNews shipyard back in the late 60's and most of the 70's.Lived in Hampton, boy I remember some really good days out in the bay.Bluefish, trout,spot, croaker, flounder and we used to chum for cobia and sharks. Fun times.