PDA

View Full Version : LEE Customer Service.

BIGRED
03-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I am really impressed with Lee's Customer service. i am used to RCBS and as we all know they are 2nd to none for customer service.
i had a reloader press (cheap $30) model had it 7-8 years and it has served well as a decapping / bullet sizer press. but it was beat up bad. also had a 356 sizer with 2 machine marks in it. sent both back to Lee after speaking with them on phone the day prior. they received it yesterday 10:00 and i get an email at 4:15 that states the press is rebuilt and sizer is replaced. everything free of charge and being shipped out. WOW.... a 6 hour turn around time..... outstanding.

Sent a mould with too large of vent lines back to RCBS last week and they called me in 2 days and said it was out of spec and they would send me a new one.

kudos to both companies, pleasantly surprised with LEE.

DLCTEX
03-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Good to hear. My dealings with them (few) have been good. I thought they were giving me the run around on a mould that I thought was off center, but they were correct, mould was fine. My sizer nose punch was the problem. We do disagree on using beeswax for lubing mould. Bullplate rocks!

historicfirearms
03-06-2014, 10:09 PM
I've been very pleased with them for years. The last "problem" I had was with a set of 308 dies. I had a new rifle with a tight chamber and the dies weren't quite sizing the brass enough. Lee had me send in some fired brass along with the sizer die. They trimmed the die for me, no charge. Quick turn around too.

clyde-the-pointer
03-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I am one of those dummies that stuck a case in a Lee die. I called them for info about removal, and they said send it in and they would remove the case. They did, and quick turn-around as well. I love their factory crimp dies.

TXGunNut
03-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Not a big fan of Lee dies or presses but their other products are pretty awesome. I love their whole case trimming concept and the TL system from mould to lube to sizer is remarkably simple and works quite well indeed. Just bought a new priming tool after years and tens of thousands of primers on the old Auto Prime tools. I'm sure Lee would repair or replace my worn-out old Auto-Primes but I've gotten my money's worth from them. I've always kept a new spare on the shelf, latest one spent over ten years waiting for a chance to come out & play.

Bullshop Junior
03-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Good to hear. My dealings with them (few) have been good. I thought they were giving me the run around on a mould that I thought was off center, but they were correct, mould was fine. My sizer nose punch was the problem. We do disagree on using beeswax for lubing mould. Bullplate rocks!

I didn't have any Bullplate trying to cast last week. Went our and got te closest thing I could find the next day

Four-Sixty
03-07-2014, 07:12 PM
I received a die set this week with two expander dies instead of a crimp die and they are sending me a replacement, no questions asked. They did not ask for the duplicate back either. Awesome service!