PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 11, sign of the Apocalypse

ohland
03-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Played a game today of grab-buttocks with IE and Win7. Usually, I depend on Firefox and Tbird, and those two are fairly bullet-proof. BUT... some programs demand the sign of the anti-christ. Even worse at times is the inability of an app to accept that you have a newer version of something loaded, and it fails.

Downgraded from 11 to 8, upgraded to 9, then I tried 10, which worked with the software. FWIW, under the "About" for IE 10, uncheck "Update Automatically".

@&$**!!! <>clowns.

:evil:

geargnasher
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I have been assimilated by Google, no problems here with Windows 7 Pro or XP Pro. Resistance is futile.

Gear

shooterbob
03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Go to google Chrome...much easier.

Cmm_3940
03-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Try the Firefox user agent switcher addon

Garyshome
03-04-2014, 10:10 PM
I used google for a while [although short] It slowed my pc down so much I had to google how to get rid of it!

uscra112
03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Why 30% of the PCs in the world still run XP Pro. The last stable (well reasonably) O/S that Redmond ever produced.

When MS finally stops supporting it, I'm moving to Linux.

-----------------

A helicopter pilot is lost in extremely dense fog over Washington. He spots a building,close enough that he can fly over and shout to a man in an open window: "WHERE AM I" The man shouts back: "IN A HELICOPTER". Pilot immediately turns and flies a direct route to SeaTac and lands safely. His passenger asks, "How did you do that?". Pilots says: "The answer was technically correct, but totally useless - it had to have been Microsoft."

swheeler
03-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Why 30% of the PCs in the world still run XP Pro. The last stable (well reasonably) O/S that Redmond ever produced.

When MS finally stops supporting it, I'm moving to Linux.

-----------------

A helicopter pilot is lost in extremely dense fog over Washington. He spots a building,close enough that he can fly over and shout to a man in an open window: "WHERE AM I" The man shouts back: "IN A HELICOPTER". Pilot immediately turns and flies a direct route to SeaTac and lands safely. His passenger asks, "How did you do that?". Pilots says: "The answer was technically correct, but totally useless - it had to have been Microsoft."

Coming soon, Spring of 2014 I believe

Dale in Louisiana
03-05-2014, 02:15 PM
OS X "Mavericks".

FireFox 27.0.1

Love my MacBook Pro.

dale in Louisiana

phaessler
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Coming soon, Spring of 2014 I believe

Keep in mind a lot of "business" machines run on XP, i.e. Banks, ATM's, retail registers. Support will have to continue for these to stay operational. And besides what types of updates are generated for XP? security updates to prevent hacks? A good aftermarket security program will (should) prevent those.

IE11 is junk, and 10 isn't much better. But 64x is the new norm and if its not supported........

Geraldo
03-05-2014, 02:31 PM
OS X "Mavericks".

FireFox 27.0.1

Love my MacBook Pro.

dale in Louisiana

Just another flavor of Kool Aid. I don't bother asking Apple or MS anything anymore. Google the problem and find an answer by someone who doesn't work for either company. It's the quickest way I've found to solve problems.