PDA

View Full Version : more gps

Lloyd Smale
12-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I decided to go with a delorne gps and called there company and talked to a service man there and told him i was about dumb with a computer. To say he helped is an understatement. I dont even have to download into the unit. For a 120 bucks extra hes taking two cards and filling them with all the maps for my camp area and my home area (arials topos quads and satalite) and one one hes putting there program with all of michigan on it too. I still get another blank card and an additional credit for a 100 bucks worth of arial and sat images. To say that the guy i delt with was a good rep. is probably the biggest understatement ive ever made. He spent about an hour on the phone zeroing in on my camp. (i didnt even have the lat and long) If you know me i would have spent days doing what he did even if i could have figured out how. Hell it was about as much fun as talking to a custom gunsmith to design a new custom sixgun!! I dont know gps units and dont know if what i bought was near as good as a gamblin but with that kind of customer service theyll have a customer for life.

Gussy
12-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Did you get him to program in where the deer were???

Lloyd Smale
12-22-2007, 06:04 AM
I told them they needed to get a program like you were talking that would locate deer and sight a rifle on them. they said its in the works.

S.R.Custom
12-22-2007, 12:04 PM
The scary part is, he's probably telling the truth.