PDA

View Full Version : Back after computer died,,

sparkz
03-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Had a few machines die over here and as i am to cheap lol to buy a new machine I had to make a few frankinstines as have no shortage of laptops and dsktops haha so Glad to be back on the web,,

Wavein a hand at you all

Patrick

shaper
03-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Did you do any casting/reloading while you were on this vacation from the rest of the world?
welcome back

Trey45
03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Welcome back. A good friend of mine only uses frankenputers that he builds out of discarded desktop PC's. It's amazing what some people leave on the hard drives of computers they throw out....

DLCTEX
03-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Welcome back. A good friend of mine only uses frankenputers that he builds out of discarded desktop PC's. It's amazing what some people leave on the hard drives of computers they throw out....
I agree, I once bought some used computers at a consignment auction from the Sherrif's dept.that has case files with names of informants and other stuff that should have never been let out. My brother, who was a deputy in another county ran a wiping program and cleaned them up for me. The Sherrif was shocked that the contractor who replaced the computers had not cleared them.

xs11jack
03-02-2014, 11:02 PM
We buy computers from institutions on occasion and sign a form that all information will be erased. If we will be reusing them, we have a erasing program, if we are going to scrap them, we physically destroy them.
Ole Jack

GaryN
03-03-2014, 05:55 AM

My son just picked one up out of the trash bin yesterday. He said it works fine. They left all their personal info on it. He formatted it and is now using it.

popper
03-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Lost my hammer that had a pick on one side & hammer head on the other. The pick side eliminated all personal data. Now I have to use the blade side of the maul.