PDA

View Full Version : My little man is growing up...

Sweetpea
02-28-2014, 12:49 AM
My son passed his hunter's safety course this evening.:shock:

I must be getting older...

Took my nephew along too, his folks don't shoot much, but he has shown a real interest in hunting. Should be a good year.

Brandon

DIRT Farmer
02-28-2014, 07:36 AM
The next thing you know you will be taking your grand kids. I have a hunter safty course coming up in three weeks. Funny looking at the kids checking out the modern style sporting rifles and their grand parents looking at the flintlock.

Pb2au
02-28-2014, 07:47 AM
That is excellent. Good on you and your family.

The next thing you know you will be taking your grand kids. I have a hunter safty course coming up in three weeks. Funny looking at the kids checking out the modern style sporting rifles and their grand parents looking at the flintlock.

I had a good chuckle when I read this. It is very true!

TheDoctor
02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
My youngest did his course last year. Kinda stings a bit realizing I only have my boyos for a few more years. But, they love shooting and reloading. Now if I can only get them to CLEAN what they shoot and load for!

popper
02-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Doc - Now if I can only get them to CLEAN what they shoot and load for! Good luck with that. I never could get any help cleaning the boat after a ski session.

Bullshop Junior
02-28-2014, 02:06 PM
How old was your son? I passed my class when I was 10. The instructor didnt wanna let me into the class but I got a 98 on my test.

27judge
02-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I passed mine at the old CITY COLLAGE in Baltimore city in 1950, I was 11. I also got a very good score and a diploma that hangs on my reloading room wall today. Funny some of the things you hang onto tks KEN

Sweetpea
03-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Daniel, he is 11, and dead set he is going to get a cow tag this year. (The only hunt that is after his birthday).

Funny thing is, when the wife and I took our hunter's safety course, we never actually did the shooting portion. I convinced her that we should finally go legit, So we both did the shooting.

I got 30/30, she got 29...:grin: