PDA

View Full Version : 357 Max brass

ubetcha
02-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Is Remington the only manufacturer of 357 Max brass? Just looking through some catalogs , Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, etc and even went on the Starline web site, and the only thing I see is brass made by Remington which is not available at this time. I have a new 12'' T/C 357 MAG bbl and with the long chambers in these bbl's , I'm thinking, if the accuracy is not there, I may re chamber to 357 Max, but I want to have brass on hand before deciding to do so. I guess I could always resell the brass if not needed. I do see that StarLine does have 360DW brass that they make. What's the difference between 357 Max brass and 360DW brass?

BABore
02-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Jamison used to make it. Don't know if they're still around or not. Check Bellm's T/C site as he trys to buy up a bunch for his customers.

Beerd
02-27-2014, 10:46 AM
the 360DW is somewhere between .357 Mag and .357 Max in length

rockrat
02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
IIRC the 360 DW is 1.4" long and the max is 1.61" long

Intel6
03-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Winchester used to make it also along with Federal as I have brass from all 3 makers. Now it seems RP is the only one who has made it recently. Seems to be a resurgence in the popularity of this cartridge, especially for use in the handi-rifles that have been re-chambered.

Neal in AZ

nrc
03-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I was in a similiar fix (in my case it was a long throated handi rifle) and wanted brass before I rechambered it. I watched gunbroker until some became available at a decent price and bought them on auction.

By the way, my barrel still shoots normal 357 just as well as it did before.

wlc
03-05-2014, 05:45 PM
As far as I know Remington is the only Mfg for Max brass now. From what I have seen and been told by others is that they only do a production run once every year or two. Go to Midway and get on the "notify me" for it. When It comes in stock jump on it ASAP and get a lifetime supply as it will not last long. Otherwise place a WTB ad here, watch gunbroker, or go to Bellm's website and see if he has any available. I just recently sold a forum member here all my spare brass for the Max or I'd offer to sell you some.