PDA

View Full Version : So much for getting some surplus powder

jh45gun
09-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Well if I sold the guns I have on consignment I was going to get some of that Surplus Powder at least it was a thought. Well went to the gun shop yesterday and ran into a Model 1200 Winchester Riot gun with a Herters adjustable choke installed on it. THe gun has a field grade wood ( Checkered and fancier than plain) but a riot marked 20 inch barrel with the choke installed. Choke does not seem to be as bulky as a poly choke either but more streamlined it seemed from what I can remember of it. So I do not know if this was a field gun with a riot barrel installed or it came like this and had the choke installed afterwards. Anyway with the choke it will be more handy than with just a cylinder bore. I could not pass it up 130 bucks. So their goes my thoughts of any extra powder. I have been looking for a short barreled gun for a long time and the price was certainly right on this one. Jim

Buckshot
09-03-2005, 04:16 AM
............Yup, sometimes life is just a series of compromises. Enjoy the new shotgun!

................Buckshot

jh45gun
09-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I will as soon as I get it. Hopefully some of the guns I have on consignment will sell right away. Other wise if I can talk the gun shop into it I will trade them for this gun though they would rather sell mine on consignment less risk for them since they are not sporting arms.