PDA

View Full Version : Air rifle ??

jhalcott
02-20-2014, 09:37 PM
I have a Chinese air rifle, an under lever, grooved receiver type. When you cock it, the breech opens to allow loading the pellet into the chamber. This is an accurate rifle, shooting .177 pellets about 800 fps with a 4x scope and bag rested at 10 yards in my basement. The problem is LOADING the pellet into the chamber thru that small hole in the top of the receiver! Fat fingers and arthritic hands are not designed for this! I have been using a pair of forceps, but it is still a chore for me. Is there some tool that allows you to load this type of air gun easily? It LOOKS like a Shanghi B3-2, but has no markings indicating make or model. I just remember "made in China" on the box.

nhrifle
02-24-2014, 03:16 AM
I have two of these rifles that I bought as project guns for when I feel like tinkering. One shoots quite well, but the other has a barrel that is bent upwards, causing it to shoot rather high. I haven't seen any loading tools for them, but I would think a small stick with a hole drilled in one end perpendicular to the axis of the stick, that is a slight press fit for the pellet would be what you are looking for. A note about safety with these rifles though, as they are known as one of the finest surgical instruments available to the general public in that they have been known to amputate fingers when the breech slams shut during loading. DO NOT under any circumstances let go of the cocking lever while inserting a pellet into the barrel.

d_dial
03-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Would something like this help at all? May help direct the pellet into breech.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Crosman_Pellet_Loader_Holds_16_177_Cal_Pellets/2932