PDA

View Full Version : Extra Cup for HF ES Guns

TreeKiller
02-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Found this the other day and ordered some. I waited till I got them to see if they fit the Harbor Freight ES gun and they do. Looks just like the 2 you get in the kit.
No more changing the powder when I want to change color.

http://www.caswellplating.com/powder-coating-gun-cup.html

OOPS!! Was so happy I forgot to paste the link in.

Beagle333
02-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Found this the other day and ordered some.
'You got a link to this? :wink::coffeecom

jcameron996
02-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Am I missing something? The harbor freight powder that I bought looks like it comes in the same cup that fits on the gun. I am going to save the empties.

jcameron996
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Should have read further. Just read on another post that the jars do not fit the gun. Still working on my first jar of red. Guess I won't worry about saving the empties.

possom813
02-19-2014, 01:04 AM
The jars I bought at HF fit in the gun I bought at HF.

xacex
02-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the link. I tried my paint cups, and they don't fit like the ones that come with the gun. They look the same, but don't thread on. I was tempted to take one of the lids and glue it in place so I could use the empties. Problem is I have several pounds of powder, and haven't emptied one yet. I know I have coated several thousand boolits already too. This stuff goes a long way.

Beagle333
02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
This stuff goes a long way.
Ain't that the truth! I'm still working on my 1st pound of red. :-D

Walter Laich
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
good to know--I thought they would be the same--live and learn

popper
02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Some do & some don't - depends on the HF supplier.

bangerjim
02-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Like I said in another thread. Wrap some black electrical tape around the bottle threads and they will fit.

ALL the POWDER bottles I have do NOT fit tightly. TIGHTLY is the key.....they will sorta screw on but are not air tight which they MUST be.

Knowing HF, there may be differences in batches/sources of bottles!!!!!!!!! Their products are always consistently inconstant.

banger

StromBusa
02-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Some do & some don't - depends on the HF supplier.

I wonder if there is a supplier correlation to the "abrasive" flat black? i.e fits or does not.... I have read stories of abrasive HF flat black & non-abrasive HF flat black, I have yet to spray mine due to the weather so bad.

ipijohn
02-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I ordered 4 today, this gives me 6 with the two I got with the gun. Right now I am a little crimped as one of my 2 is filled with pink (white/red mix) for my wife and the other contains all of the over spray from 3 pounds of different colors which comes out looking chocolate.

RP
02-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Good to know that some of the bottles do work on the gun the one I tried was a no go but I have more I will try after they are emptied. I try each one as it is emptied and mark it with a sharpie.

ipijohn
02-22-2014, 07:50 PM
The 4 cups I ordered from Caswell came today.. They all fit my HF gun, so with 6 I am good to go, a couple for mixed colors and 4 for prime colors without cleaning anything except the gun.

alfloyd
02-27-2014, 07:12 PM
I got 8 cups yesterday from Caswell. They fit my HF gun, but they are not the same as the bottles that came with the gun or the ones that the HF powder coat powder comes in. They seam to be an in-between size.
I am happy with the bottles as they do work. Now I got all my colors in their own bottle.:)

Lafaun

alfloyd
02-27-2014, 07:14 PM
If you look at the HF gun, you will notice that they use a plastic cap from the bottle to attach the cup to the gun.
You could always replace it with a cap that came off of a powder bottle and then use the bottles you bought powder in.

Lafaun