PDA

View Full Version : TC feeler

Garyshome
02-18-2014, 10:27 AM
I have a TC with the panther on it. It has 2 10" barrels one is a 357 mag and the other is A 22lr. Really nice condition no scope or mounts just standard sites.
I'm looking to place a value on this firearm. Any help would be appreciated. Gary
The 357 Barrel is Round and the 22 is octagon.
I don't know how to tell if the 22 is a match chamber.

contender1
02-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Well, we'd need a bit more about the frame to make an honest assessment. Look at the hammer. Does it have a screwdriver operated switch to move it from centerfire to rimfire? Does it have a push button side of the hammer cross pin safety or not? Does it have a lever on top of the hammer to flip it from rimfire to safe to centerfire?
All of these things help determine the "age" of the frame.
The earliest ones didn't have any safety. They used a screwdriver to switch between rimfire to centerfire.
Next, they added a push button to the side of the hammer that, when pushed to one side pushed a pin that came out of the top face portion of the hammer to stop the hammer from contacting either firing pin. Again, they used the screwdriver switch.
Lastly, they went to a top of the hammer lever type of switch. No screwdriver needed.

That said, the earliest frames have some collector value, but not too many T/C Contender collectors. So pristine & in a box helps. The ones with the cross pin safety are considered to be a bit better, but some of them had issues opening them, as the locking bolts were "tight." And the pivot point was switched during this type. Some of them had the opening lever, (the trigger guard,) pivot on a pin at the front of the trigger guard, & later ones at the rear of the trigger guard.
The last type is the easiest to open & in general, most often desired.

But, all in all, I would place the whole package in the $400-$500 mark w/o seeing all of it.

Czech_too
02-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Based upon what I see in the pics, a conservative estimate of $500. As of a couple years ago, I've had seen newer frames go for $180-200. I can't tell is both of the bbl. are octagon. Those, depending on the chambering, $150-180. Is the 22RF a match chamber?

Brian

Iowa Fox
02-18-2014, 11:44 AM
That's a easy open frame over s/n195K with Herret wood. If your selling its is easier and more financially advantageous to sell as pieces.

Frame with forend & grip $250
barrels in good calibers $165 each
spare Herret forend $20

Total $600