PDA

View Full Version : My wife's friend's daughter said;

William Yanda
02-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Heard last week that Cabela's is coming to NY, Buffalo and Albany locations. Won't be for the shooting sports items due to the anti 2nd attitude of Andy C. Must be they think the other departments will justify it.
May make their ship to store option more viable for me.

2ndAmendmentNut
02-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Wow that's like nonalcoholic beer or decaf coffee.

Adk Mike
02-17-2014, 09:57 AM
It will get better here in NY. The people are starting to wake up. Only time will tell. I does feel foolish that a free man can't have an AR 15.

runfiverun
02-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I went to a cabellas once........once.

MrWolf
02-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Cabelas stopped shipping powder and primers to New Jersey. Claimed the state won't let their trucks into NJ with hazardous materials. Told them I had just received a shipment from Third Generation and they said that this is their new policy. I stopped buying from Cabelas - prefer Bass Pro for their other items anyway and one is supposed to be built in Atlantic City one of these years.

Beau Cassidy
02-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Bass Pro and Cabelas are both too high. There are better options for shooting stuff. Third Generation, Precision Reloading, Grafs, Powder Valley, etc....

waksupi
02-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Cabelas will go the way of Abercrombie and Fitch. Yuppie hiking gear, and $700 fly rods will be all that is available. The first Cabelas I went into in South Dakota, was kind of interesting. The new local one here just gave me the creeps when I went in. I don't see myself returning.

Jim Flinchbaugh
02-17-2014, 04:06 PM
I've been to the one here a few times, pretty much never have anything I want
adn as Ric said above, it is kinda creepy feeling

quilbilly
02-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Usually the ones around here are too high as well but a few weeks back when I couldn't find any 308 unfired brass anywhere, they suddenly had it when no one else did.

Dutch4122
02-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Glad I'm not the only one to get that creepy feeling. Have found a few decent items at a reasonable price at the new Cabela's in Saginaw, MI. Actually found a great working Turkey call box for $18.00 last year. Otherwise just a lot of high priced clothing much of it non-hunting/fishing related. Gun/handloading dept. has quite a bit of stuff, but you'll pay upper end for all of it.

Harter66
02-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Save 10% in Reno shop Scheels in Sparks rather than Cabelas in Verdi and save the 20 mi round trip. Not quite 100% accurate but close enough.

JeffinNZ
02-17-2014, 05:17 PM
or decaf coffee.

Gulp, gasp, cough, splutter....

DLCTEX
02-17-2014, 08:11 PM
I haven't bought from Cabelas in years. The priced themselves above my paygrade. I feel better about Bass Pro since they hired m grandson to work in their fishing dept last week.[smilie=2::grin:

wlc
02-17-2014, 08:15 PM
IMHO Cabela's started their decline when the Cabela brothers sold out and they started selling to stockholders. Now they are just after a dollar..

OeldeWolf
02-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Who is third Generation?

Uncle R.
02-17-2014, 09:11 PM
There's a Cabela's store not too many miles from me. Their prices are often pretty high but sometimes they have good sale prices. They seem to lean heavily toward clothing and a lot of that is overpriced as well, but again there are bargains to be had at times. They have a very large new firearm selection, and lots of used guns to search through although the used prices are bat-dung crazy from what I can see.
<
They also have an awesome aquarium.
:lol:
<
Overall I'm glad they're nearby although I did prefer Sportsman's Warehouse before they closed their Wisconsin stores.
<
Uncle R.

bdicki
02-17-2014, 09:25 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp

TXGunNut
02-17-2014, 09:33 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp

Wow, big plans! I like Cabelas but quite honestly I generally wait for a sale or buy things I can't find anywhere else. I've bought several used guns there but prices vary a bit from store to store.

youngda9
02-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Like shopping there, but buy elsewhere. Not one near me anyways.

pretzelxx
02-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I have yet to find anything actually cheaper at cabelas except for a black Friday sale. There's a bass pro shop coming to town soon, I'll probably stop by and check it out. There's local shops that sell everything I need under the hazmat criteria. Everything else is on amazon or other online shopping places. Hope new York goes away with anti gun laws and you guys get cool guns in your cabelas!

762 shooter
02-17-2014, 11:00 PM
To the OP. Now anything you buy from Cabelas online will get state tax added on plus shipping.

William Yanda
02-18-2014, 09:13 AM
To the OP. Now anything you buy from Cabelas online will get state tax added on plus shipping.
You are right about that. Thing is, I work away from home during the construction season. Those reward points from a couple of programs add up. Translated to gift cards, Cabela's has things I can use. My employer doesn't even know he's giving me a bonus.

osteodoc08
02-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Theyre getting one over in Cartersville, GA; reportedly. Thatll be a nice change and give us a family outing every now and then. I hope they have the big fishtanks and stuff like BPS does. I try to hit up the big stores after the winter to get winter clothing for next year. I was able to get a nice The North Face fleece pull over jacket for my wife last year for like $30-$35. She loves it, I saved money. Win Win.

Cmm_3940
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Cabelas just opened a store in Columbus, Ohio. After being to the big one on Wheeling, (huge fish tanks, taxidermy displays, etc.) I was pretty exited they were coming here. Turned out the store is only a slightly-larger version of Gander Mountain, another local also-sells-guns outdoorsy chain. Well, I'm certainly not going to shop there because of the prices! I typically wander around in there looking at all the stuff they either don't have available, or don't really want to sell (prices) when I'm already in the area doing something else.

GaryN
02-18-2014, 01:13 PM
IMHO Cabela's started their decline when the Cabela brothers sold out and they started selling to stockholders. Now they are just after a dollar..

I would tend to agrre with this. I just haven't bought much there since then. They used to have fairly good pricing.