PDA

View Full Version : I am a ramblin' man.....

Pb2au
02-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Heading to beautiful Mt. Pleasant Michigan today. Visiting a customer for a few days to give some on site support. But more importantly, I will be visiting Jay's Sporting goods. Such a fine, proper sporting goods establishment. Thanks Michigan!
My colleague is lobbying for a stop at Cabelas on the way up, which is always an amusing experience to boot.
The really funny part is the president of my company decided to join us for this mission. I hope he is an early riser, as I plan on being in the customer's shop every day at 6:30 am. wah wah......

CastingFool
02-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Have a good trip!

Jailer
02-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Personally I'd skip Cabellas and just go to Jays. You'll likely find what you need there and it will be cheaper too. Not necessarily cheap, but cheaper.

I'm glad Jays isn't too far from here, just stay away from the place on the weekends. It's so packed on the weekends you can hardly move in there.

Pb2au
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Agreed. I am pretty underwhelmed with Cabelas in general. I like to go into the bargain cave, but most of their other offerings are a bit high in my estimation.
Jay's has soaked up some of my money in the past. I spent about 16 weeks up there running up the customer's system, so I had plenty of time to check out the local flavor.
I also got a lot of fishing in on the Chippewa River to boot. Small mouth bass on my fly rig was a hoot.

Sweetpea
02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Enjoy your trip!

I was born just down the road in Midland.

If you get a chance, go into Midland and fish down by the Tridge. Should be good fishing, and a unique sight.

Brandon