PDA

View Full Version : Exotic animal hunting in California

HarryT
02-15-2014, 10:26 AM
I just takes patience.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24729597/camel-escapes-attacks-man-in-southern-california

"... the camel and other animals, including a buffalo and an ostrich, previously escaped from the owner's property, which she described as a zoo. There have been as many as five escapes this year, she said."

starmac
02-16-2014, 02:08 AM
LOL Just what does one do with a seized camel????

Hickory
02-16-2014, 02:11 AM

I didn't know, but they'll spit in your eye.
Don't ask me how I know.

Sweetpea
02-16-2014, 02:42 AM

Donate them to the Iraqi Navy...

AlaskanGuy
02-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Test out your 45/70 cast boolits on them... [smilie=1:

Lonegun1894
02-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Well, you see, when AlaskanGuy gets done with his one round test, you get yourself a sharp knife, a buddy with a sharp knife, and a REALLY big crockpot, season to taste, and then wait while doing target practice close enough that you can stop and stir every so often so it cooks evenly. I'm sure if you cook it long enough and slow enough even camel meat wouldn't be so bad. Then again, maybe I have just been eating my own cooking too long to know better?

357maximum
02-16-2014, 02:53 PM
When I saw the title I thought they finally opened a Lemming season. :mrgreen:

GeezerinNH
02-16-2014, 05:25 PM
When I saw the title I thought they finally opened a Lemming season. :mrgreen:

Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

horsesoldier
02-17-2014, 05:19 PM
I wonder if you would get the firing squad if they caught you shooting a camel in southern Kalifornia

NVScouter
02-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Right when I first got out of the Army I became a Park Ranger in Nevada. A park visitor told us they almost hit an ostrich entering the park's south entrance (we were at the North end). The senior Ranger and I boogied to the site and had Washoe Co. Animal control meet us there.

Everybody thought the visitor was nuts until I found Big Bird's tracks on the hiking path 1/2 mile up. I tracked it up another mile, and out from behind a juniper came an Emu. Those things are fast and the two very short and VERY round animal control ladies didnt even try and help. They just warned me to not grab it by the neck as they are very fragile.

Myself and the other Ranger chased it for about 45 minutes on a steep hiking path until he called the chase off. I cambe back after shift with my old 03A3 and tracked it about 6 miles. I ended up in Carson City at the golf course then figured they wouldnt find it funny hunting an Emu out there.

Next week it got struck by a car putting a mom and two kids in the hospital. Really wish the couple times I grabbed it on the chase I had wrung it's neck!

missionary5155
02-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Greetings
I would classify a whole slew of "windy city" commies in the same catagory.
They way things are going down here in the last couple years they must be exporting the excess dribble this a ways.
Mike in Peru

waksupi
02-17-2014, 08:43 PM

Fill it's cylinders full of ATF, and let it soak?