PDA

View Full Version : Help ID'ing this - Compound Bow Re-stringer?

Lefthandshooter
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Was in my parent's barn last weekend - which my brother has taken over storing his flea market junk - and saw this, He said he got it from a guy who bow hunted. Looks homemade, and is adjustable.

He wants me to list it on eBay, but I can not find out exactly what it is called (Bow Re-stringer doesn't come up), nor a value.

Measures (as shown on photos) 45 inches side to side and 21 inches tall with the 2 ton jack plunger out some.

Any ideas, or if enough interest, I might move it to the "For Sale" section, and avoid the hassle of eBay.

(Any offers need to be made via PM and I will move it to the For Sale section. I DO NOT want to break any rules! If I am, please let me know and I'll revise.)

Rick Hodges
02-13-2014, 06:56 PM
It is called a bow press.

RoyEllis
02-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Yep, a homemade compound bow press, but not a particularly safe design. Best of luck with it, I personally wouldn't use it esp. on the new split-limb bows popular today.

AlaskanGuy
02-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Actually it is a bow press, and that unit was sold as a kit for years, but you supplied the Jack... A good press though... Now all you need is a good Bow...

AG

Springfield
02-14-2014, 02:04 AM
I actually have a use for that, but I wouldn't want to have to pay for shipping with the jack, I already have a couple of jacks.

Lefthandshooter
02-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks for all the help. Going to list it on eBay later today. Let the new owner deal with it.

Lefthandshooter
02-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Finally got it listed. If anybody wants the link, pm me.

Hogtamer
02-23-2014, 11:46 PM
real bows don't need presses or training wheels! just ask Longbow. I'm a recurve guy myself!