PDA

View Full Version : Found primers & powder

Hardcast416taylor
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Stopped into Williams Gun Sight store yesterday just to browse. Found they had a quite well stocked powder section and a fully stocked primer aisle of all brands and you could buy as many as you wanted now! I bought an 8 lb. of IMR-4350 and a single lb. of IMR-4064, and they had plenty more. I was so happy about all this I forgot to ask about the .22 lr situation there. I did find out that they no longer carry black powder! Seems they would have to have special training and special ways of storing it, so they stopped carrying it. I`ve been thinking as to how many years back it has been that I`ve bought black there over the counter with no problem? Robert

dondiego
02-13-2014, 02:57 PM
I found CCI Mini-Mags today at cabela's. They only allowed me to buy one pack of 100 rounds though. They also had several pounds of IMR 4064 and IMR0 4350. Tons of primers. They have a 2 pound limit on powder. Didn't need any so didn't buy any.

Jack Stanley
02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
The last time I bought black powder over the counter was at Yeck's in Dundee . i don't think the store is even standing anymore ..... wow , it has been a long time ago .

Jack

Shiloh
02-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Powder and primers have been in reasonably good supply. I like to resupply what I shoot.
.22 long rifle is impossible to find. I did by 100 rounds in December, and one of the anesthetists found a 1400 round bucket of some type.

Shiloh

jonp
02-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Powder and primers have been in reasonably good supply. I like to resupply what I shoot.
.22 long rifle is impossible to find. I did by 100 rounds in December, and one of the anesthetists found a 1400 round bucket of some type.

Shiloh

Probably in your closet while you were under, you better check

dondiego
02-14-2014, 11:43 AM
The last time I bought black powder over the counter was at Yeck's in Dundee . i don't think the store is even standing anymore ..... wow , it has been a long time ago .

Jack

Yeck's in Dundee sure brings back memories. I hung out in his shop whenever I could and still have many of the firearms that I bought there. He was a collector of militaria and had a nice Gatling gun and many cannons and other military vehicles. The first rifle that I ever purchased was from there and I still shoot it. It was an Italian replica of the Remington Zouve .58 cal. Bought it in 1970 when I was 18.