PDA

View Full Version : Statement by the CEO of Berette, Speaks His Piece

jcwit
02-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Title sorta says it all, good for Tennessee.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/4/beretta-seeking-the-respect-of-the-second-amendmen/#ixzz2sZzya3Dh

BERETTA: Maryland disrespects us and gun owners, so we expand in Tennessee

jmort
02-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Every firearm manufacturer should be so forthright. Liberals do not deserve guns or gun related jobs. They can manufacture tofu.

Bored1
02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
The tone of that statement makes it seems as though this may end up being more than an expansion! Hope they do move all operations out of Maryland.

osteodoc08
02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Every firearm manufacturer should be so forthright. Liberals do not deserve guns or gun related jobs. They can manufacture tofu.

What about those that choke and die on the tofu? Do we blame the tofu or the spoon?

(This is tongue in cheek here guys. I'm not intentionally or unintentionally making light of choking deaths. My son was almost a victim at age 4 to the point he passed out and turned blue until I was able to get it dislodged. He still doesn't remember it and lost some memory from that day. Scary as hell!)

bhn22
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Time to buy more Berettas.

Houndog
02-13-2014, 05:48 PM
We're tickeled to have Beretta come to our state to go along with Barrett and UZI as is North Carolina for getting Remington and South Carolina getting FN. Let's not forget Alliant moving from Kenevil New Jersey to Radford Virginia, just up the road around 80 miles. If the IDIOTS in the northeast don't want the gun and ammo component manufacturers, we'll take em and welcome them with open arms!

pretzelxx
02-13-2014, 05:56 PM
I might go buy a 92 now. Hmmm

contender1
02-13-2014, 09:53 PM
And NC got a new Ruger plant too!

MtGun44
02-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Sorry for you folks that still live there, but Pi$$ on the NE, with a few exceptions.

Good for them.

Bill

wills
02-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Texas is warmer.

MUSTANG
02-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Let's see; the Norths principle advantages in defeating the South during the Civil War was because the South focused on Agriculture and the North Focused on Manufacturing, Armament Factories and Shipping. So now the North despises Manufacturing, Armament Factories and Shipping - to the point they are moving South (or West), or overseas; while the South continues in Agriculture. Wonder a future Civil War (God Forbid) would work out?

John Allen
02-13-2014, 10:54 PM
This should be shared everywhere.

nicholst55
02-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Amen, brother! I am SO glad that I escaped from that liberal, overtaxed, leftist s**thole almost six years ago! I urge every firearms owner or freedom-loving American to do the same - vote with your feet! Let them try to run their nanny state with no tax base!

Houndog
02-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Let's see; the Norths principle advantages in defeating the South during the Civil War was because the South focused on Agriculture and the North Focused on Manufacturing, Armament Factories and Shipping. So now the North despises Manufacturing, Armament Factories and Shipping - to the point they are moving South (or West), or overseas; while the South continues in Agriculture. Wonder a future Civil War (God Forbid) would work out?

I don't think it'd be much of a fight! Old Dixie has a fighter jet plant in Merrietta Georgia, a cruze missle plant in Clinton TN. as well as surface to Air and air to air missle plants, the biggest super collider in the world is in Clinch River TN., Radford Arsenal makes small arms powder in Radford Va, BAE systems makes high explosives right here in Church Hill TN,Oak Ridge still churns out U238, ALCOA Aluminum makes over 1/2 of the M16 castings used worldwide in Tennessee, The latest tanks in the US arsenal are built in Western North Carolina! Let's not forget Redstone Arsenal in Alabama and their ICBM's, Fort Bragg and Fort Benning, Kings Island Nuclear sub base in Savannah Georgia, the Naval air stations in Charleston SC and Wilmington NC, and that's just what I can name on the short list within 200 miles of home!

LUBEDUDE
02-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Very well stated!

I have never understood why so many firearms makers continue to implant themselves in Yankeeland, for said such reasons.

Wayne Smith
02-14-2014, 08:45 AM
You forgot the largest Naval base in the world and the only producer of nuclear aircraft carriers.

Thin Man
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Beretta's news release stated that at this time MD residents must be fingerprinted to purchase a firearm. The release does not comment on whether this is a new policy, or if it has been ongoing for a longer time. In previous years all FFL holders in TN were required by state law to retain a pair of thumbprints (on a state supplied document) from every firearm purchaser and that form to accompany the 4473 document. After many years of this being required, someone took the time to review the process to rate it's effectiveness in both preventing and solving firearm related crimes. Their findings: zero cases prevented, also zero cases solved by law enforcement using these forms during their investigatiions. The end result was that TN scrapped the process. Their rationale was that since the retention of these thumbprints gave no benefit in resolving crimes there was no foundation to support the continuance of a useless program. Perhaps MD knows something we in TN don't. And perhaps we in TN know something those in MD don't.

Thin Man

GaryN
02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Time to buy more Berettas.

That's what I thought when I read the article.

Char-Gar
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM
The Yankees have fouled their nests and freedom loving people and companies are moving South. 150 years after the last shot was fired in anger, Southern values, culture and economics have carried the day. It took a while, but it has happened. We were told as children the South would rise again and I am glad I lived to see it happen.

Recluse
02-17-2014, 01:44 PM
The Yankees have fouled their nests and freedom loving people and companies are moving South. 150 years after the last shot was fired in anger, Southern values, culture and economics have carried the day.

Hear hear.

:coffee:

Love Life
02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
The Yankees have fouled their nests and freedom loving people and companies are moving South. 150 years after the last shot was fired in anger, Southern values, culture and economics have carried the day. It took a while, but it has happened. We were told as children the South would rise again and I am glad I lived to see it happen.

Lets hope all the transplants don't screw it up.

Char-Gar
02-17-2014, 01:55 PM
It is not the Yankees in flight that are the problem. It is the nuts escaping from California taxes that are causing problems in Colorado, New Mexico and some parts of Texas. These people bring their hyper left wing point of view with them. They should be made to stay in California and suffered the consequences of the state they have created. It is not the Texas/Mexico border I want secured, it is the California/US border where we should have a wall and machine gun emplacements.

Love Life
02-17-2014, 01:57 PM
^^^That is funny right there!

trapper9260
02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
I left the state of MA in 95 to live out here in IA, one of the main reason is because of the guns and then taxes.

Recluse
02-17-2014, 02:26 PM
It is not the Yankees in flight that are the problem. It is the nuts escaping from California taxes that are causing problems in Colorado, New Mexico and some parts of Texas. These people bring their hyper left wing point of view with them. They should be made to stay in California and suffered the consequences of the state they have created. It is not the Texas/Mexico border I want secured, it is the California/US border where we should have a wall and machine gun emplacements.

^^^That is funny right there!

He's not joking.

Down here, when we talk of "securing the border," we're not referring to our southern border--we're referring to our northern and western borders.

:coffee:

Beau Cassidy
02-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Living in Gallatin- the Nashville news announced last week that a company from Jersey is moving down to Lebanon (Next door to Gallatin) and is bringing 300 people from there. I am not real happy about that.

dualsport
02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
"The south will rise again". ...To what?

horsesoldier
02-17-2014, 05:17 PM
I have to admit it, when I was issued a Berretta M9 I swore I would never have a weapon that was made by them again. A few months ago I was in the market for a used semi-auto shotgun and picked up an A 303. They make a hell of a shotgun.The pistols still sucks however

Blacksmith
02-18-2014, 01:42 AM
Beretta's news release stated that at this time MD residents must be fingerprinted to purchase a firearm. The release does not comment on whether this is a new policy, or if it has been ongoing for a longer time. In previous years all FFL holders in TN were required by state law to retain a pair of thumbprints (on a state supplied document) from every firearm purchaser and that form to accompany the 4473 document. After many years of this being required, someone took the time to review the process to rate it's effectiveness in both preventing and solving firearm related crimes. Their findings: zero cases prevented, also zero cases solved by law enforcement using these forms during their investigatiions. The end result was that TN scrapped the process. Their rationale was that since the retention of these thumbprints gave no benefit in resolving crimes there was no foundation to support the continuance of a useless program. Perhaps MD knows something we in TN don't. And perhaps we in TN know something those in MD don't.

Thin Man

The fingerprint requirement for Maryland is new, the law was passed last year and went into effect Oct. 1, 2013. It is one provision of Marylands new Handgun Qualification License. In addition to "Livescan Fingerprints" at a cost of $35 to $65 at limited locations there is a State Police background check and application fee of $50 and unless you are in one of the exempt groups there is also a mandatory training class with live fire requirement. This is all just to get the license to permit you to buy a handgun, when you actually make a purchase you will still need another State Police background check and still have a waiting period of from 7 days to as much as 5+ months (some people who bought guns last September still have not gotten them because of the backlog of background checks). This only affects handguns because most sales of "assault rifles" have been banned in the state. Long gun purchases conventional rifles and shotguns still only require a NICS check and no waiting period, of course neither long guns nor handguns can be sold with magazines over 10 rounds.

Maryland has its share of other ineffectual laws. For about 20 years retail stores had to record all sales of handgun ammunition and who it was sold to, they finally admitted that in 20 years the records had not solved one crime in the state and the requirement was finally dropped. They also require a certified fired shell case be sent to the State Police for every new handgun sold in the state to compile a Ballistics Database", they have also admitted that this database has not solved a single crime but instead of repealing the requirement the legislature just defunded the data gathering so the shell case still has to be sent to the State Police but now they just throw it into a barrel with all the other cases. Finally the average Maryland citizen can not get a license to carry a firearm on their person because Maryland is a "may issue" state and in addition to other requirements (which were made stricter and more expensive last year) the citizen must prove to the State Police they have a "good and substantial reason" to carry a gun.

It is all about making it difficult, time consuming, and expensive for law abiding citizens to get a gun, criminals don't follow the laws.

AricTheRed
02-18-2014, 01:57 AM
As a responsible tofu owner and enthusiast I'm proud of my families Italian heritage and this Italian companies desire to move to a proper area of the world to make good stuff for patriots n tyrants world wide! Sorta like my mothers ancestors did when they became Americans & moved here (West Va.) to mine coal!