PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh

btroj
02-11-2014, 06:56 PM
I was just at the range and heard rumors that the Cerebrus group has purchased the rights to sell loob grooves and they are gonna discontinue production.

I suggest you get yours now, prices are sure to skyrocket soon.

I have a bunch on hand now, not really a hoard but a size able collection.

Don't say nobody warned you!

snuffy
02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
I keep gathering the extras that accumulate around my lee sizer die. So they can discontinue production whenever they want!:kidding::groner:

smokeywolf
02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Perhaps we should pool our resources and buy all their tooling and patents.:kidding:

smokeywolf

Dean D.
02-11-2014, 07:09 PM
I believe the rumor is false Brad. I happen to know that all Loob Grooves are manufactured in a highly secretive facility located at Doe Squat, MT. Not to be confused with the infamous Doe Run Lead mine of recent news. Maybe that's where the rumor originated.

I do understand that there is substantial interest held by and considerable backing for the manufacture of Loob Grooves by the "Clan McGreggor", not the Cerebrus Group.

Rumors come and rumors go, but not to worry when your in the know!

starmac
02-11-2014, 07:20 PM
I hear the currant manufacturer of the lube grooves, sold out for enough to retire, and will no longer be a moderator. lol

wlc
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Loob grooves gone!!!! Oh my!!! Gonna have to start hoarding my supply. If I start trying to sell them in the S&S for 10 times what I paid for them will folks think me a gouger????

DCP
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Fishing now are we. LOL

Boy this has been a hard winter and cabin fever is setting in.

btroj
02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
I believe the rumor is false Brad. I happen to know that all Loob Grooves are manufactured in a highly secretive facility located at Doe Squat, MT. Not to be confused with the infamous Doe Run Lead mine of recent news. Maybe that's where the rumor originated.

I do understand that there is substantial interest held by and considerable backing for the manufacture of Loob Grooves by the "Clan McGreggor", not the Cerebrus Group.

Rumors come and rumors go, but not to worry when your in the know!

Doe Squat? I thought the purveyor was the founder of Do Squat, MT.

I stand corrected.

Dean D.
02-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Well....spellin wuz never my strong soot... [smilie=1:

uncle joe
02-11-2014, 07:52 PM
yall don't tell Ric

btroj
02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Well....spellin wuz never my strong soot... [smilie=1:

Now I can sleep sound tonite......

cbrick
02-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Since there will be no lead and since loob grooves are made from a lack of lead we can now have all of the loob grooves we desire. Never again will there be a shortage of loob grooves unless they re-open Doe Run.

Rick

wlc
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Fishing now are we. LOL

Boy this has been a hard winter and cabin fever is setting in.

Boy Howdy. You said a mouthful. Don't know why its bothered me so much this year cause we've actually had a milder winter than normal... I'm ready for spring. Just 3 more months..... or maybe 4....

btroj
02-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Since there will be no lead and since loob grooves are made from a lack of lead we can now have all of the loob grooves we desire. Never again will there be a shortage of loob grooves unless they re-open Doe Run.

Rick

Can you have loob grooves without a boolit?

I pose this question- which came first, the boolit or the groove?

Ponder on that one Rick....

cbrick
02-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Doesn't matter. Happy days are here, FREE loob grooves for everybody. [smilie=2:

Rick

btroj
02-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Bit you can't have a groove if the boolit doesn't exist.

Would someone please call the resident loob groove expert for an opinion here.

Mal Paso
02-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Bit you can't have a groove if the boolit doesn't exist.

Would someone please call the resident loob groove expert for an opinion here.

Nonsense! I bought a whole box of loob grooves. Feller said until you fill them with lube they'll fit most any boolit. Just cut em to size. I got em without the boolits to save on shipping. Bulk loob grooves weigh almost nothing.

bhn22
02-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Everything in moderation guys.

btroj
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Nonsense! I bought a whole box of loob grooves. Feller said until you fill them with lube they'll fit most any boolit. Just cut em to size. I got em without the boolits to save on shipping. Bulk loob grooves weigh almost nothing.

Were those grooves cut from boolits?

CastingFool
02-11-2014, 08:44 PM
naw, they were outsourced from China!

btroj
02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Are they metric?

runfiverun
02-11-2014, 09:01 PM
china made loob grooves?
jeez, this is worse than then I thought.
maybe that's why I had problems with the SL-60 series of lubes.

Mal Paso
02-11-2014, 09:05 PM

Don't think so. Fella said it was new material not pull downs. Hard to tell though. Think I might need another tool to put them on.

btroj
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM
china made loob grooves?
jeez, this is worse than then I thought.
maybe that's why I had problems with the SL-60 series of lubes.

Yeah, the SL series originated in Tejas, that would make it a natural enemy of anything made in China.

Dude, you have a major problem.

JSnover
02-11-2014, 09:09 PM
I make my own. It's rather time-consuming as I was unable to reverse-engineer waksupi's process, but I'm able to produce enough to satisfy my needs. You need a lathe, some freeze-dried compressed air and an inverted boolit mold.

btroj
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't have a lathe. I was gonna get one but I was to lathy to follow thru.

R.Ph. 380
02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Nonsense! I bought a whole box of loob grooves. Feller said until you fill them with lube they'll fit most any boolit. Just cut em to size. I got em without the boolits to save on shipping. Bulk loob grooves weigh almost nothing.Now I know you don't have to have a FFL 6 or 7 to make loob grooves, but can you export them without paying the ITAR fees? Has anyone got any of that camo loob to go in the loob grooves? Mine's wearing a little thin and you can just about see my grooves again. They're too hard to put away if you can still see them.

Bill

btroj
02-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I would contact the ATF and ask about exportation. If nothing else they are easy to smuggle.....

waksupi
02-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen. Not to worry. I have simply sold the Swaziland distribution rights to the Cerebrus group for 4.5 billion dollars. They have to get them the same way as everyone else, in the order of date when the purchases are made, and put on permanent back order status.
The transaction is being handled by a member of a deposed Ethiopian royal family. I have sent him all of my back account numbers, and social security number to expedite the transaction. And my mothers maiden name, and my city of birth. And my first pet's name.

Mal Paso
02-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Are they metric?

Geez! They aren't metric, standard or anything until you put them on. Bulk Loob Grooves are shipped in one solid block. Here's what they look like.

farmerjim
02-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Those of us that Hi-Tek and PC don't need them. You can have all of mine for free, just pay shipping.

BNE
02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Snow must be DEEP outside.

Goatwhiskers
02-11-2014, 09:37 PM
It ain't the snow that's deep. GW

Finster101
02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Shouldn't there be a purple color lock on this thread. I can find the CAPS lock but not the purple lock

Bad Water Bill
02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Ric

Girty b in tuch wit ur mulz an da sed da b loded wit loges n da udder stuf n

u b hedn fer da bevr ponds fer da kastrum.

Girty wans 1 uv dem skinz fer a nu blankt

b kerfol n c u at ronevo..

btroj
02-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Geez! They aren't metric, standard or anything until you put them on. Bulk Loob Grooves are shipped in one solid block. Here's what they look like.

Ummm, someone stole your grooves. That box is empty!

leeggen
02-11-2014, 09:50 PM
You can tell it has been a rough winter when Waksupi can't get them straighten out, and he is the long standing dealer of lube grooves.
CD

btroj
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen. Not to worry. I have simply sold the Swaziland distribution rights to the Cerebrus group for 4.5 billion dollars. They have to get them the same way as everyone else, in the order of date when the purchases are made, and put on permanent back order status.
The transaction is being handled by a member of a deposed Ethiopian royal family. I have sent him all of my back account numbers, and social security number to expedite the transaction. And my mothers maiden name, and my city of birth. And my first pet's name.

Ethiopian? I usually work thru Nigerian royalty, they have never let me down.

chuckbuster
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
I was just at the range and heard rumors that the Cerebrus group has purchased the rights to sell loob grooves and they are gonna discontinue production.

And I read the same thing somewhere on the internet so I KNOW it's TRUE! SNOPES is even involved in a coverup on it, they don't have anything listed…..

bhn22
02-11-2014, 10:56 PM

Must be the same group I'm dealing with. Good people, very attentive.

btroj
02-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Must be the same group I'm dealing with. Good people, very attentive.

Do they keep in touch with you via email? I like that. They are even going to return some money a relative left there generations ago, the fee is really pretty small.

MtGun44
02-11-2014, 11:56 PM
I hear that the loob groove prohibition deal was in a secret addon to the arms treaty!

Bill

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-12-2014, 01:05 AM
OMG, the rumour must be true,
I just did a search on ebay...

"0 results found for boolit lube grooves"

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=boolit+lube+grooves&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=boolit+lube+grooves&_sacat=99

KYCaster
02-12-2014, 01:46 AM

Awwww, get a life Brad. Everybody knows Cerberus is dead. Herculese broke both his necks to gain entrance to the underworld so he could ask his father who was hoarding all the loob grooves.

Why do you think some Montana buck skinner suddenly wants to drop below the horizon? Coincidence? I think not!

Jerry

waksupi
02-12-2014, 01:51 AM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=boolit+lube+grooves&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=boolit+lube+grooves&_sacat=99

I don't just sell these to any Joe Blow. I have a very select clientele. I screw every one else, so I can pass the savings on to YOU!

waksupi
02-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Ric

Girty b in tuch wit ur mulz an da sed da b loded wit loges n da udder stuf n

u b hedn fer da bevr ponds fer da kastrum.

Girty wans 1 uv dem skinz fer a nu blankt

b kerfol n c u at ronevo..

You know, I'm a miserable speller, with some dyslexia. I can't understand a word!

Bzcraig
02-12-2014, 02:15 AM

Ok that was a screen cleaner.....which is getting hard to find too! I had to go to the swap meet to find some last week.

KYCaster
02-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Can you have loob grooves without a boolit?

I pose this question- which came first, the boolit or the groove?

Ponder on that one Rick....

Duuhhh............The boolit came first.

The first firearms were the blunderbus with tapered barrels so a rock of any size could be pushed into the barrel till it couldn't be pushed any farther.

In the early part of the 15th century, the Cartier family (later Americanized to Carter) discovered a method of applying a radial groove around a lead projectile, thereby creating the loob groove.

This discovery laid dormant for more than 300 years till the introduction of the metallic cartridge.

The rest is history!

Jerry

Boyscout
02-12-2014, 03:42 AM
Can you eat donut holes while handling lube grooves or do you need to follow the same hygneic practices as you do while casting or handling bullets?

btroj
02-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Awwww, get a life Brad. Everybody knows Cerberus is dead. Herculese broke both his necks to gain entrance to the underworld so he could ask his father who was hoarding all the loob grooves.

Why do you think some Montana buck skinner suddenly wants to drop below the horizon? Coincidence? I think not!

Jerry

I'm not that up on my mythology and hadn't thought about someone going underground.

Hmmmmm,

Col4570
02-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I am in a position to supply Frozen Lube Grooves @ $20 per Kilo.
R Nixon, Entrepreneurial services LTD.Lagos.

gray wolf
02-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Well shoot man,
thanks for the heads up, I only have three left and i hate to run short.

wallenba
02-12-2014, 02:50 PM
In the event that the worst happens, and there are no more lube grooves... can you substitute crimp grooves?:(

Col4570
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Our Rep will meet buyers at Lagos Airport,receive your money and bring the Lube Grooves to you within the hour.A Hitler,Entrepreneurial Services,Lagos Nigeria.

Pb2au
02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
I am in a position to supply Frozen Lube Grooves @ $20 per Kilo.
R Nixon, Entrepreneurial services LTD.Lagos.

Sorry, all shipments to the US must be in pounds. Multiplying by 2.2 is not going to be acceptable.

Avenger442
02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
So loob groove is going the way of plumb bob oil? You know Jimmy Carter traded the right for it back in the 70s for hostages.

Col4570
02-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry, all shipments to the US must be in pounds. Multiplying by 2.2 is not going to be acceptable.
So metric Lube Grooves are not acceptable.I was thinking like that lot in Europe they go in for that nonsense in a big way,I prefere to stick to Furlongs,Drams,Pounds Ounces.etc.I am still mourning the loss of Farthings,Sixpences,Half Crowns,Threepenny Bits and Florins.Er what was the subject ?.It has been running for more than a fortnight.

btroj
02-12-2014, 07:15 PM
In the event that the worst happens, and there are no more lube grooves... can you substitute crimp grooves?:(
Nope. Wrong angle on the dangle. Sorry

bhn22
02-12-2014, 08:04 PM

It's obviously in code. I'm pretty good at this, let's see...

"0" is obviously a reference to Obama.
"results" must mean Congress, so if we put "0 results" together, it means Obama & Congress because the two of them together cancel each other out.
"found" is a synonym for "establish"
"for" has no synonyms, I suspect the NSA had their foul hand in this.
"boolit" also has no synonyms. But a bullet is a projectile.
"lube" is a reference to former President Clinton. Slick Willy.
"grooves" is the Secret Service code name for Monica Lewinsky.
But what does it mean?

cbrick
02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
"0" is obviously a reference to Obama.

That should not be in purple. If there is anything in the universe that is a true absolute zero that's it right there.

Rick

btroj
02-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Grooves is the secret service name for Lewinksy!

I love that!

leeggen
02-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Tomorrow we will read that ATF's computers all burnt up trying to fine all those lube grooves for Homeland Security to warehouse for themselves, before we can hoard them up.
CD

Blacksmith
02-12-2014, 09:14 PM
"for" has no synonyms, I suspect the NSA had their foul hand in this.

So NSA spelled backwards and encrypted is "for". Therefore when you encrypt AMABO you would get_____?

bikerbeans
02-12-2014, 09:17 PM
After reading this thread I made sure my carbon monoxide detector is working correctly. Maybe you gents should do the same?:kidding: Long a$$ed winter, makes a fellow start thinkin' funny, like I have been trying to figure out if I can bore a 410 barrel and press in a 25-20 liner and not have a tomato stake when I am done. I need to get some fresh air.

BB

btroj
02-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Nah, fresh air is for wusses.

We don't have cabin fever, we just need a release. Life is too short to not enjoy it. Besides, we finally are free from the authoritarian grips of some former mods, who might be viewing the thread right now, and can have fun!

I gotta go before I get a loob groove shoved so place I don't want it......

dagger dog
02-13-2014, 02:51 AM
Well, I aced out for a change.

Fellow came by the other day selling prefab post holes, I got to doing some measurements on them and decided I could chuck 'em up in the lathe and turn 'em down to the calibers I'm casting for, so I bought a single axle load of them.

If y'all need some PM me and I'll ship them to ya. All you got to to do is pay shipping., and I can get 4-5,000 in a SFR box.

Oh, I did dye them black makes 'em easier to see but if you prefer a different color let me know .

Col4570
02-13-2014, 03:29 AM
Anyone thought of having a Lube Job done,I gather they are popular amongst the Glitterati after all Lube Grooves are purely cosmetic.

prsman23
02-13-2014, 03:34 AM
No idea what this thread is about but I did have a few lube jobs done while traveling Asia. I'd recommend getting a lube job done if you can.
Also stayed at a holiday inn last night.

Col4570
02-13-2014, 03:38 AM
Er,I was talking Cosmetic Surgery but made a boob.

a.squibload
02-13-2014, 04:38 AM
All is not lost, soon as my Small Business loan comes through
($3.7 billion) I'll be producing plenty of loob gruves for alla ya.
New design, roll-on applicator. Doubles as deodorant but as spring
is approaching it's almost bathtime anyway...

Col4570
02-13-2014, 06:34 AM
An old English saying is "Never cast a Clout till May is Out".

bikerbeans
02-13-2014, 07:48 AM
There is a thread for free boolit lube in the classifieds. Maybe some of you hoarders might consider donating some of your excess lube grooves to the fellow who claimed the free lube?

BB

guicksylver
02-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Not to instill false hope but it my understanding that attorneys have found a flaw in the contract and we may be able to get loobs manufactured under
the title of lobe,lobes, loobes, loube, loubes and/or grouves, grooves etc.

I think you get the idea,

Keep your fingers crossed.

JSnover
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm just waiting for them to outlaw hollow point molds. PM me if anyone needs HP cavities. Special pricing for Cast Boolit members. Shipped in a tin foil box, JIC.

runfiverun
02-13-2014, 02:06 PM
so we've gone round and round on the subject.
I still need some hexagonal grooves for a summer project I have in mind for 2085.

oh,,,, good news.
there is some post holes in north Dakota for sale I heard it on the local radio there.

montana_charlie
02-13-2014, 02:44 PM
oh,,,, good news.
there is some post holes in north Dakota for sale I heard it on the local radio there.
I know the guy selling them, and you wouldn't want those.

His Daddy died and left him a backhoe which he is using to dig up the holes under old, abandoned outhouses.
He cuts those up into smaller ones that a fencepost fits snug in, but they all stink to high heaven.

As far as I know, they are only being used on hog farms ... in Israel.

CM

Col4570
02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Any news on the Caseless Round development and how do you fill them with Powder.I can imagine that the outer would be an expensive item since it has to contain the Boolit as well as not be seen.An idea would be to spray it with Gold Paint so that it can be seen.:???:

btroj
02-13-2014, 10:03 PM
so we've gone round and round on the subject.
I still need some hexagonal grooves for a summer project I have in mind for 2085.

oh,,,, good news.

Hexagonal grooves? For a Whitworth?

And listen to MC on the post holes, I think he knows his holes under outhouses......

Col4570
02-14-2014, 04:08 AM
Lets face it we are actualy posting Holes on this site.

bhn22
02-14-2014, 11:11 AM
There are holes in some of the theories, but if you can follow, you'll soon be in the groove.

Col4570
02-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Grooves is the secret service name for Lewinksy!

I love that!
Is that to do with someone playing someones Harmonica.

montana_charlie
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
And listen to MC on the post holes, I think he knows his holes under outhouses......
I can't claim expertise on outhouse holes, but my little brother Patrick once created a hybrid plant which produced seeds that would grow postholes.

CM

bhn22
02-14-2014, 05:25 PM
In Nebraska, we have an entire segment of local government dedicated to creating potholes.

montana_charlie
02-14-2014, 05:41 PM
In Nebraska, we have an entire segment of local government dedicated to creating potholes.
Wait ...
I know postholes, and I know they are used to put your posts in.
Are potholes where you hide your pot?

btroj
02-14-2014, 07:52 PM
No, they are holes in our pavement that increase profits at auto garages and body shops. The local government responds by throwing aphalt into the resulting reservoirs rather than stocking fish. I think they are missing the most on this as the recreation possibilities are endless. As a state with little open water these potholes could increase our fishing and boating opportunities tenfold.

bhn22
02-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I get it. Economic stimulus.

For Nebraska, it makes sense.

btroj
02-14-2014, 09:06 PM
One agency helping another. Fishing along the freeway isn't near as good as fishing IN the freeway!

Down South
02-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I don't need any spare loobe grooves but I do have some used post holes for sale.

a.squibload
02-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Lets face it we are actualy posting Holes on this site.

I get it, maybe Post Hole should be a title on Castboolits,
like Boolit Master?

btroj
02-16-2014, 02:13 PM
I thought a post hole was the jerk on the Army base.........

Blacksmith
02-16-2014, 04:34 PM
I gotta go before I get a loob groove shoved so place I don't want it......

Remember April 15th is coming up may want all the loob grooves you can get in that place.

Col4570
02-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Naked Boolits should be clad with something to uphold the decency laws.A nice paper cloak usually suffices ,Bullet Grooves are frivolous and titillate the gullible.

Col4570
02-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Sorry Guys I did,nt mean to post a thread killer.