PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a thread about "Weighing Cases/Brass" HELP!

bgokk
02-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Sometime in the last 2 or 3 days I was reading the lost thread. :roll:

I tried ;weighing cases' and 'weighing brass' in advanced search and got every thread with the 3 words in them. Thousands of threads. I could not find a thread with anything about weighing brass/cases.[smilie=b:

In the thread was info about someone shooting and getting 3 different groups and it seems the shooter fired a 20 shot string.

Can anyone guide me back to that thread?:oops:

coblake
02-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Was it this one?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?229595-Cabin-fever-and-bordum

bgokk
02-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Was it this one?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?229595-Cabin-fever-and-bordum

Thanks a bunch. That':drinks:s the one.

Harter66
02-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Ya should have asked I've told that 1 several times.

bgokk
02-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Ya should have asked I've told that 1 several times.

Well I did ask! :kidding: I have not had much luck with CB's Search engine.

Your story got me to wondering. :idea:

I just finished casting about 900 total each with 2 diff .225 molds using 3 diff alloys with each.

So now instead of working up loads with the new boolits. I'll be checking to see how much diff weighed cases make with a known load.

There is always something to try. :lovebooli

tygar
02-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Well I did ask! :kidding: I have not had much luck with CB's Search engine.

Your story got me to wondering. :idea:

I just finished casting about 900 total each with 2 diff .225 molds using 3 diff alloys with each.

So now instead of working up loads with the new boolits. I'll be checking to see how much diff weighed cases make with a known load.

There is always something to try. :lovebooli

Hi, I leave the cast to experts but on jacket accuracy I do know stuff.

Matching brass is absolute necessary for accuracy!

The only brass I don't match is plinking rifle/pistol.

I buy brass in 1k minimum for my 1000yd, f class, long range hunting guns.

The brass is sorted by weight, 1/2gr groups. The bell curve is used & only the ones that falls within m/l 2 gr. spread(depending on weight of brass-223 is closer tolerance than .308).

These are then separated into 110 piece groups (sometimes larger).

After fl sizing w/forester or reading match dies, loaded with the match load & fired. Any of those that are not within the "group size" for that load are into the junk bin. The next load is fired for record. THese are used, usually 4 times, then annealed & used in match workup or practice.

If you want higher pressure use heavier brass within a caliber, less, use lighter brass.

Keep them always with their original group & keep track of times fired. Always anneal after 4 or 5 firings.
TOm

Harter66
02-06-2014, 06:46 PM
For what its worth I had a 308 that didn't seem to care what I fed it jacketed so long as it was under 175 gr . Except LC Match , that it throws all over the berm and sticks cases even w/ cast plinker loads . Even w/full tilt PP'd cast it is not picky about its brass so I keep headstamps together for it unless it throws a round out beyond what it is doing now I'm not going to worry about sorting for it. Maybe if I were competitive but then it wouldn't have been a Savage E110.