PDA

View Full Version : A-Merc Brass ?

oneokie
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Have seen several references to people not liking A-Merc brass, what is the problem with it?

S.R.Custom
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
It's inconsistent in its dimensions and tends to be a bit soft. It's just cheap brass...

But there are uses for it. I use it for plinking loads in the auto-loaders when I know I'm going to lose a bunch in the tall grass or snow.

GSM
12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I had a hard time getting it to hold a bullet even after crimping - could pinch a 45 SWC down into the case. 45 ACP primer pockets seemed a little "loose" too. Could almost seat them with finger pressure.

It's not junk though, I think the scrappers will give a little over $1.00 / pound for brass now.

dubber123
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I had a persistant problem with my Springfield 1911 jamming. I was using mixed brass, (still do), and finally noticed every time it jammed, it had an A-Merc case in it. Sorted through, pitched them all, and the problem went away. My brother bought some A-Merc in .223 for a new Rock River AR, and about 50% split to the shoulder on the first firing. Grouped about 6" at 50 yards. I won't use any of their stuff.