PDA

View Full Version : IMR SR series 4756,7625,4759 going obsolete

butch2570
02-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Hodgon will be dropping these in 2014, anybody have any good suggestions to a alternative for these ? 357 and 44 mags, reduced and cast loads for 222 ,223,6mm,270,308,30-06 even into various shotshell loads, these powders may not give optimum results but are very flexible and are still needed given the availability problems we have now. It's a shame to see this happen, maybe a large enough outcry from users to hodgon could help to get these powders back somewhere down the road.

jmort
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
R L 7 Blue Dot Unique

Bullshop Junior
02-04-2014, 12:06 PM
4756 was my go to powder for eveeything for a long time. Moslty because we had 20 pounds we got for under a buck a pound.

Green Frog
02-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I use 4759 for schuetzen in my old 32-40s. I think I still have about 10-12 pounds or more of it, so I don't guess I'll be running out any time soon. It was itself a "replacement" for the old #80 from pre-War II days, and I think it was itself some sort of surplus based powder that got so popular they kept making it. I've slowed down to using it in just one or two guns now and at 13-14 grain loads it should still last me a loooooong time!

Froggie

45 2.1
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
There is a simple solution...... Buy it now... enough to last you, then you won't be whining when you run out.

rintinglen
02-04-2014, 01:09 PM
There is a simple solution...... Buy it now... enough to last you, then you won't be whining when you run out.
+1 IF YOU CAN FIND THEM I haven't seen SR4756 in quite a while. the others I haven't used much (4759--meters like gravel) or at all (7625--I don't ever recall seeing any for sale, much less have I used it). But if it is valued by you, get your nickels together and get on the notification lists at Powder Valley and buy what you'll need, when it is available. They have said that this is it, the last year, so take them at their word. They may change their minds later, but why take a chance. One things for sure, it won't get cheaper as time goes buy.

captaint
02-04-2014, 02:22 PM
I'd be using a lot more Unique if it metered decent. It doesn't. Hence the 7625. I just call it Unique that meters beautifully. May have to try Blue Dot one of these days, though.. Mike

DLCTEX
02-04-2014, 05:29 PM
4759 I will miss, the other two I use, but they can be replaced by powders that work as well.

Themoose
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
I was lucky to score an 8# jug of 4756 two weeks ago... but was in the search for other powders in my 12 gauge slug loads... Blue dot is one and Herco is the other to try.

I load for cast 44mag and use H110 almost exclusively.

lka
02-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Bummer 7625 is my #1 for HG loads, that sucks,m all that time with the chroney is a waste.

USSR
02-04-2014, 09:03 PM
IMR4227 to the rescue!

Don

Mal Paso
02-04-2014, 09:16 PM
1# bottles of 4759 at Midsouth and Powder valley now.

I just got started on 4756 for subsonic 44 Mag loads and Love It.

Get what you can. I saw 4625 out there too.

BattleRife
02-04-2014, 09:26 PM
...these powders may not give optimum results but are very flexible and are still needed given the availability problems we have now.

Manufacturers producing a wide range of oddball powders with modest popularity is a contributor to supply problems, not a solution.

Bullshop
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
I think I might have an unopened keg of 7625 and 4756. If anyone feels they need them I am up for trading.

butch2570
02-05-2014, 05:07 AM
I don't know where you guys are finding all these powders for sale , i have'nt seen any unique, herco, blue dot,2400 let alone a 8 pounder of anything on the dealers shelves here in central wv for over a year. I check online every day or two and see some powders but nothing equivalent to what i'm using..

Shiloh
02-05-2014, 06:44 AM
4227 is very similar to 4759.
4759 works great in cast .30 calibers.

Shiloh

boog
02-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I have been having good luck with HS6 in 357. Runs a bit dirty, especially when loaded light, but I don't mind cleaning my gun. It is good for light to medium hot loads with 158gn (haven't tried it with other weight projectiles, 158gn is all I shoot).

btroj
02-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Since I don't use any of them I suppose I don't care?

There are too many good powders out there to get hung up on just one.

Bullshop Junior
02-05-2014, 09:29 AM

I can agree with that.

jonp
02-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Phasing out the lesser used powders that have a ready substitute will allow the Manu's to produce more of the popular powders.

butch2570
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Btroj, i ask some advice of the the helpful here mainly because 4756 is one powder i shoot in multiple guns, i will be hard pressed to find another powder serving me as well as it does, for i am shooting it in the majority of my things , i like it. Wanted some good input about another powder that may be of the same benefit , i know there are other good powders out, but i don't want to buy 5 different kinds to replace one .Alot of manuals don't have loads listed for every single combination of powder , caliber loads, i thought maybe you guys could help me, not sure why you bothered if you didn't share the same interests i ask about.

snuffy
02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE] IMR SR series 4756,7625,4759 going obsolete[/QUOTE

Ya missed one, dupont PB.

PB, 4756, and 7625, are all fine disc shaped flake powders. They meter VERY well and burn clean. The IMR powder company has said they're expensive to make, and they don't sell as much as the others they make. Maybe a rush to buy whats left will tell them they're still used by a lot of people.

SR-4759 is a hollow log type of powder, tubular, made to take up space in traditional black powder cartridges like the 45-70. It duplicates black powder pressures.

4756 and 7625 are the best 20 ga. powders for 7/8 and 1 ounce loads. PB was also good for the 20's. I used 4756 in 40 schmit & vesson for a long time, I had bought an 8 pound keg for loading 12 ga. steel loads.

I was down at my LGS last Saturday, they had some of all of the above. I'm going back today to get another bottle, (maybe 2), of the 4756. I have an 8 pound bottle of surplus SR-4759 I got from Jeff bartel, I hope I live long enough to burn all that up![smilie=1::grin:

mikeym1a
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM

I don't use them either. But, it limits my options. I know that it a manufacturer simplifying their product line, but, they are not supplying the products they do make in adequate quantities. GGGgggrrrrrrrrrr........

Harry O
02-05-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd be using a lot more Unique if it metered decent. It doesn't. Hence the 7625. I just call it Unique that meters beautifully. May have to try Blue Dot one of these days, though.. Mike

Try HS-6. I loved Unique, but had the same problem with metering. I tried several powders and found that HS-6 is almost as dependable and almost as versitile as Unique. However, it meters MUCH better. It does take about 15% to 25% more grains than the same velocity as Unique, though.

mdevlin53
02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I use a lot of 4759 in my 45-70 loads and have tried it in the 38-55 and even the 30-30. I like the powder and would be unhappy if i could not get it. So i had to go into town today and while there i stopped at the LGS and asked to see what they had in the powder locker. Right away i saw a pound caniater of 4759 but the price was 36 bucks, yikes. the shop keeper said what about these, and pulled out a half a dozen steel cans of the same powder, 4 marked 14.99 and two marked 15.99. they looked like they were made yesterday so i scooped up 4 pounds at the lowest price. I think that brings my on hand to about to about 10 pounds that sould last for at least a while.

Bullshop
02-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I like 4759 in the 22 hornet with boolits.
I read long ago that 4759 and 4756 have the same chemical composition but the burn rate is changed by the size/shape of the kernels.

sig2009
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Grafs,Powder Valley,Midsouth,Wideners all have no powders so it doesn't matter anyway. The manufacturers are not making or shipping anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dondiego
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Grafs,Powder Valley,Midsouth,Wideners all have no powders so it doesn't matter anyway. The manufacturers are not making or shipping anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, those mean manufacturers are sick and tired of making all of that dirty cash so they just decided not to make any powder any more! That'll teach us!

I think that was supposed to be in purple.

sig2009
02-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Yep, those mean manufacturers are sick and tired of making all of that dirty cash so they just decided not to make any powder any more! That'll teach us!

Unfortunately you people just don't get it. If the major retailers are not getting any shipments then where is it going. Tell me that smart guy!

snuffy
02-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Well, my trip to the LGS yesterday netted me another pound of SR-4756, that makes 2# I have on hand. Enough to last quite a while loading 20's for my kids old savage. He had 3# of SR-7625, 2# SR-4759, and an 8 pounder of SR-4756.

At my age and medical condition, that's a lifetimes supply!:grin:

williamwaco
02-06-2014, 02:21 PM
I sure hate to lose 4756.

It is the most accurate powder I have ever used in the .38 Special.

Mal Paso
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
The IMR SR Powders are single base Nitrocellulose. Double base powders use Nitroglycerine to adjust the energy and are easier/cheaper to make. Single base powders are cleaner. All Vihtavuori 100 and 300 series powders are single base.

I think it's a matter of Better loosing out to Faster and Cheaper.

dondiego
02-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately you people just don't get it. If the major retailers are not getting any shipments then where is it going. Tell me that smart guy!

sig2009 - Not trying to be a smart axx and I do apologize if I insulted you. I just have trouble believing that a manufacturer who is in the business to make money would withhold a product from the marketplace. It is being bought up.

dragon813gt
02-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Expensive to produce slow sellers = doomed for failure. Reloaders are a small percentage of powder manufacturer's business. Cast bullet shooters are a tiny fraction of that percentage. I can't blame Hodgdon for stopping production. No one is in business to lose money.

The only one I had a mild interest in was 4759 for reduced recoil load. I almost bought 32#s when Powder Valley had it in stock a week or so back. But I didn't buy so people that really like using it could buy it. It would sit on my shelf for a long long time.

02-06-2014, 04:31 PM

For those who don't believe that supply and demand is the cause of the primer and powder shortage: http://hodgdon.com/PDF/Web%20Page%20Buying%20Surge.pdf

The other day, Powder Valley received a large shipment of IMR powders -- it sold out within a few hours.

MUSTANG
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
For those who don't believe that supply and demand is the cause of the primer and powder shortage: http://hodgdon.com/PDF/Web%20Page%20Buying%20Surge.pdf

The other day, Powder Valley received a large shipment of IMR powders -- it sold out within a few hours.

No where in their "FAQ"'s is an indication of increasing production. Implied in their answers is that some day everyone (shooters/re-loaders) will wake up and not want as much, then they'll catch up.

sig2009
02-06-2014, 06:52 PM
sig2009 - Not trying to be a smart axx and I do apologize if I insulted you. I just have trouble believing that a manufacturer who is in the business to make money would withhold a product from the marketplace. It is being bought up.

By whom. If its not in the retail stores or gun shows where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig2009
02-06-2014, 06:54 PM

I get primers at any gun show I go to at any time even during the false shortage!

35remington
02-06-2014, 08:51 PM
It is in the retail stores. Just not in yours yet. It is trickling into my local stores at the rate you'd expect given high demand. It doesn't last long.

Understand that unprecedented demand makes standard production rates seem inadequate. This will stay that way until demand drops noticeably.

Your frustration should teach you a lesson in future preparedness. Don't overlook it and have this happen to you yet again.

KYCaster
02-06-2014, 09:02 PM
No where in their "FAQ"'s is an indication of increasing production. Implied in their answers is that some day everyone (shooters/re-loaders) will wake up and not want as much, then they'll catch up.

The reason they don't plan to increase production is because they don't manufacture any powder. In addition to their own name,Hodgdon recently acquired the right to use the names IMR and Winchester and distribute the powders using those names. Neither Hogdon, IMR nor Winchester currently manufacture powder. They buy powder from companies all over the world who make it to their specifications.

Here's a list of manufacturers....http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/reloading/92319-list-who-actually-makes-smokeless-gunpowders.html

Take it for what it's worth.....I don't intend to verify the accuracy of the list, but it agrees with most of what I think I know about the situation.

Also check his link in post #6. It's a press release announcing a joint venture between General Dynamics and ATK, the two biggest powder mfgs. in the US and Canada. Both are primarily govt. contractors and I can imagine their civilian market losing out when GD diverts capacity to their new govt. market. (There goes your 4756, 4759 and 7625)

Considering the current economic and political environment, building new manufacturing capacity is probably not an attractive option. The environmental impact study would probably take two years and at any time congress or our Dictator in Chief could stop powder sales completely.....not a very good outlook.

Who's buying all this stuff now? YOU ARE! And all those other 50 million reloaders. They're buying powder, primers, bullets and ammo as fast as it hits the shelves. If you want some of it, put your name on a list and be ready to shell out your hard earned bucks when your name comes up.

You can bitch all you want, but it doesn't change the situation. The only thing we can do is get the word to General Dynamics that there is a market for the powders they want to drop from their line. Probably the best way to do that is contact Hogdon and tell them how much of those powders you intend to buy annually and ask them to relay the info to GD. Maybe they would agree to make an occasional run just to satisfy the market. It may not work, but sitting on our butts and doing nothing certainly won't accomplish anything.

Jerry

dragon813gt
02-06-2014, 09:57 PM
50 million reloaders? That is an awfully high number.

KYCaster
02-06-2014, 10:10 PM
50 million reloaders? That is an awfully high number.

Maybe so. I did a Google search and didn't find any published number of reloaders so I just pulled one out of the air.

Even so, I personally know several people who USE several hundred pounds of powder per year. Add to that the hoarders who are buying hundreds of pounds per year. Then there are the people like most of us here who buy from one to twenty or so lbs. just to keep shooting. All that adds up to more demand than the supply can handle.

The situation probably won't improve till Hillary's term is over.

Jerry

snuffy
02-07-2014, 01:16 AM

I do not think it is a conspiracy, or political. It is rather a cost thing, and a lack of demand thing.

4756, 7625 and PB have always been 4- to 6 bucks more per pound than equivalent winchester or Hodgdon powders.

Also, I saw on another post somewhere that the machinery was worn out, the repair or replacement of those machines would be very expensive. Add to that the powders being dropped are all the same single base formula and all but one are pellet shaped flake powders. Simply a business decision.

dondiego
02-07-2014, 11:29 AM
I do not think it is a conspiracy, or political. It is rather a cost thing, and a lack of demand thing.

4756, 7625 and PB have always been 4- to 6 bucks more per pound than equivalent winchester or Hodgdon powders.

Also, I saw on another post somewhere that the machinery was worn out, the repair or replacement of those machines would be very expensive. Add to that the powders being dropped are all the same single base formula and all but one are pellet shaped flake powders. Simply a business decision.

I don't think it is a conspiracy or political either. I think that we are buying more than they can supply........demand has outstripped supply.

209jones
02-07-2014, 02:32 PM
For argument's sake, picture it in this fashion;
1991 , US and others had to arm 400,000 troops, it caused a shortage.
2003, same deal, 2010 they were only supplying for what, 200,000 active?

Say thru all that time, there were 5,000,000 reloaders, and 20,000,000 gun owners, buying and shooting. Then the stuff that has gone on lately, increased, the numbers of shooters/buyers doubled, and reloaders by 50%. That is a pretty big spike in sales for any group of businesses to absorb, similar to arming for WW2.

LeftyDon
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM
The one thing that I don't understand is if the US gov't is purchasing a large percentage of the domestic production, or even if they are not, why aren't there any foreign suppliers jumping in to supply powder or primers when the US makers are all backordered? I understand that a powder from a new source won't be the same as our well known brand name products (unless it comes from the same supplier), but is the whole world short on primers and powder? The Chicom's seem to be able to make everything else, why not primers or powder?

02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
Russian Wolf/Tula primers have been available for more than a few years, and Widener's is selling S&B primers.

dragon813gt
02-07-2014, 06:27 PM
I'm assuming that importing chemicals like powder and primers is not as easy as shipping electronics from China. The hoops I've had to jump through at the customs office when I was importing car parts from Europe was ridiculous. I can only imagine the hell you'd have to go through to bring over explosives and propellants.

jonp
02-08-2014, 12:05 PM

They did indeed. At about 1500 they had Promo, most of the Reloaders, 2230, AR Comp and several others in. I ordered one jug of Promo. By about 1800 they were sold out of it all.
At some point in the not too distant future I think, the hoarders buying up the powder will run out of either money or space to store it and that will be that. There is only so much you can buy and a price that people will pay.

USSR
02-08-2014, 09:34 PM
At some point in the not too distant future I think, the hoarders buying up the powder will run out of either money or space to store it and that will be that. There is only so much you can buy and a price that people will pay.

A serious misunderstanding of basic economics. There is no secret group of hoaders buying up everything so that you can't get it. There is a nation of reloaders who daily do a cost/benefit analysis and buy accordingly. As long as the fear being generated out of our nation's capitol and our state capitols is there, people will be buying whatever is available whenever it is available. Tell people that their supermarket may not have much food in the coming months, and see what happens.

Don

LeftyDon
02-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Some of us, like me, live in the N.E. dark blue states find that states are making it difficult to purchase ammo or will be keeping tabs on just how much you purchase. In NY you can no longer purchase ammo online or from out of state. Period. That is unless you have it shipped to a FFL. Not many FFL's in business to sell ammo are likely to allow mail order transactions that compete against their own sales. Soon if Gov. Cuomo's "Safe Act" goes into effect (on hold because the State Police haven't figured out how to do it yet) all ammo sales will be recorded after you produce an ID and undergo a check on your legal status. A friend lives in CT finds that unless he has a pistol permit or the new ammo purchase permit he not allowed to purchase ammo. He's been waiting since June for his ammo permit. The only Cabela's in the NE is in CT and so anybody from outside CT without these two permits will not be able to drive there and purchase from the big "C" superstore. The Cabela's store in PA may be seeing a lot of new NY and CT shoppers. So in my case reloading has become much more attractive to me. I can still purchase all the components and have them shipped, just not purchase loaded ammo.

sig2009
02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
The one thing that I don't understand is if the US gov't is purchasing a large percentage of the domestic production, or even if they are not, why aren't there any foreign suppliers jumping in to supply powder or primers when the US makers are all backordered? I understand that a powder from a new source won't be the same as our well known brand name products (unless it comes from the same supplier), but is the whole world short on primers and powder? The Chicom's seem to be able to make everything else, why not primers or powder?

The EPA used to allow 2 containers of powder per month to enter the country. Now they only allow 1!

KYCaster
02-10-2014, 09:51 PM
The EPA used to allow 2 containers of powder per month to enter the country. Now they only allow 1!

Ummmmmm...........not trying to be ornery or anything, but........that just doesn't sound right.

Since a significant amount of our canister powders come from Canada, France, Germany and Sweden, this would certainly explain a severe shortage, but I think if this is the case, the problem would be MUCH worse than it actually is.

Can you point me to a reliable source for this info?

Jerry

butch2570
02-11-2014, 05:15 AM
I just don't understand why the SR series of powder has became too cost prohibitive to manufacture, when you can look at any online powder retailer site and see untold listings of 50 bmg powders that no one is buying, i would cut that stuff off of production first if it wasn't moving before something semi universal like the SR series if i were the manufacturer. I pay a few dollars more on the pound when i buy 4756 than some other powders anyway , that should help cover the costs if that is across the board..

sig2009
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
I love these rumors about powder being discontinued. Total BS. All the manufacturer has to do is raise the price like they do every year and pass it on to the consumer!

butch2570
02-11-2014, 02:31 PM
SIG, not rumors , i asked hodgon 2 weeks ago on the phone.... their reply is the manufacturer in canada says its too expensive to make , the cutting process they said,and they are struggling financially and are going to cut the SR series out to produce powders that are more popular/ cheaper.. Dave at hodgon i think his name was.

sig2009
02-11-2014, 05:33 PM
SIG, not rumors , i asked hodgon 2 weeks ago on the phone.... their reply is the manufacturer in canada says its too expensive to make , the cutting process they said,and they are struggling financially and are going to cut the SR series out to produce powders that are more popular/ cheaper.. Dave at hodgon i think his name was.

Well my dealer was told BY ALLIANT they could no longer sell him powder because the EPA said they could only sell to ammo manufacturers and no one believes this. So how is this any different to believe.

35remington
02-11-2014, 05:47 PM
No one believes it because they're purchasing Alliant powders in direct contradiction to the made up story your dealer gave you. As am I.

I am hoping you never took him seriously because that tale is such a whopper that he was obviously deliberately misinforming you.

02-11-2014, 06:41 PM
"...because the EPA said they could only sell to ammo manufacturers and no one believes this."

And you believe it?

That the EPA has the authority to dictate such is beyond absurd.

Four-Sixty
02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I do not think I've seen RL7 on the shelf... ever.

dragon813gt
02-11-2014, 08:50 PM
"...because the EPA said they could only sell to ammo manufacturers and no one believes this."

And you believe it?

That the EPA has the authority to dictate such is beyond absurd.

I'd believe that they can shut a plant down. But to control commerce, no.

KYCaster
02-11-2014, 10:29 PM

The General Dynamics plant that makes SR4756, SR4759 and SR7625 is in Canada, so I doubt very much that the EPA has any say-so in the matter.

I intend to contact Hodgdon to tell them how much I'll be disappointed when these powders are discontinued (I use all of them) and ask them to relay the message to GD. If enough of us complain maybe they'll reconsider.

Probably won't help, but couldn't hurt.

Jerry

OverMax
02-12-2014, 12:15 AM
I suppose none had a big following. In business decisions made these day's it doesn't surprise me. (obsolete) Who knows maybe Hodgdon will resurrect them on July. 4th 2076.

sig2009
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM

I guess you don't know who the president is and the number of laws he has broken so far!

sig2009
02-13-2014, 11:41 AM
7625 readily available at the show I attended this past weekend 1 and 8 lb. Not many people reload 38 super where I live so I can get as much as I want.

sig2009
02-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Ummmmmm...........not trying to be ornery or anything, but........that just doesn't sound right.

Since a significant amount of our canister powders come from Canada, France, Germany and Sweden, this would certainly explain a severe shortage, but I think if this is the case, the problem would be MUCH worse than it actually is.

Can you point me to a reliable source for this info?

Jerry

Any powder dealer will tell you this.

35remington
02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
The problem is believing what this particular powder dealer is telling you. So far it's pretty evident he enjoys yanking your chain and making up stories about the EPA that he telling to his guillible customers.

warf73
02-14-2014, 02:22 AM

Same here never used them, there's several other powders that can step up easly.

sig2009
02-14-2014, 01:52 PM
The problem is believing what this particular powder dealer is telling you. So far it's pretty evident he enjoys yanking your chain and making up stories about the EPA that he telling to his guillible customers.

Do you understand that he was told DIRECTLY BY ALLIANT! So in this case I don't believe that someone here was told by Hodgdon that they are discontinuing these powders!

sig2009
02-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Same here never used them, there's several other powders that can step up easly.

If you reloaded 38 super you would know that 7625 is the most accurate powder. Period!

dondiego
02-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Accurate powder?

dragon813gt
02-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Do you understand that he was told DIRECTLY BY ALLIANT! So in this case I don't believe that someone here was told by Hodgdon that they are discontinuing these powders!

You do realize that it isn't just one person and not just this forum. Call them yourself if you don't believe it. It's not hard and is what I did. It was also announced last year so it's not new information.

snuffy
02-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Apparently you're confused. 7625 and the others are made by the IMR powder company, formerly dupont. It is DISTRIBUTED by Hodgdon as is winchester and other IMR powders. Hodgdon would certainly know if the IMR company was going to quit making those powders for whatever reason they have. Lack of sales, it's hard to make, machinery is worn out,,,,---- whatever.

We as handloaders have only one choice. Well maybe two, complain and hope they change their minds, or buy as much as we can find before it's all gone.

dragon813gt
02-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Apparently you're confused. .

He is not confused. He is talking about a thread he made about Alliant powder and what a LGS told him. He made reference to it in this thread.

35remington
02-15-2014, 02:49 AM
No. He told you he was told that by Alliant. Guess what? He lied to you.

How do we know? Our gun shops are getting the shipments of powder he claims are being denied by the EPA. If what he said was true that would not be happening. Not a difficult conclusion to make. The question is...... just how long are you going to persist in believing him when you've got several people on this thread alone saying that they are buying the powder he claims that we can no longer purchase?

Your ship of truth is sinking. Time to make a swim for it.

butch2570
02-15-2014, 05:06 AM
Good Grief, I just wanted to know if there was another single powder out there that i could possibly use for the calibers i listed, besides UNIQUE because its like finding a needle in a haystack here in wv. SR 4756 is my main powder for almost everything reduced / cast , and i cant find it now , and i'm not going to try and ride a dead horse anyway, if it's not going to produced any longer , it's time for me to find a alternative. Bickering doesn't help....

fatelvis
02-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Although they are a bit slower, AA5744 and 2400 are good substitutes.

fatelvis
02-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Here Ya go:
http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PRE&Product_Code=PDI47598&Category_Code=POWD_IMR_METAL
http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PRE&Product_Code=PDI47591&Category_Code=POWD_IMR_METAL

fatelvis
02-15-2014, 08:23 AM
And here:
http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PRE&Product_Code=PDI76251&Category_Code=POWD_IMR_METAL
http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PRE&Product_Code=PDIPB8&Category_Code=POWD_IMR_METAL
http://www.natchezss.com/Category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=DU&prodID=DU47591&prodTitle=IMR%20Powder%204759%201#%20Bottle%20SR%2 0Pistol/Shot%20Powder

butch2570
02-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks Fat ,I've been getting some 4759, 4756 is what i cant find ,its mostly what i shoot , i have about 10 pounds of 2400 but i preferred 4756 , i will look into the accurate . I'm wanting to start on a stash of a different powder though since HODGON told me by mid to late 2014 those powders will cease.

Bullshop
02-15-2014, 11:37 AM
butch2570
I have an unopened 5 pound keg of 4756 that I would like to trade for your 2400 but the shipping exchange would likely be restrictive.

butch2570
02-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the offer Bull , but i hate to get rid of my 2400 , and the shipping is only going to hinder that deal. BUT i will always keep that in the back of my mind and if one or the other of us is down and out maybe we could do something then. Thanks for the offer just the same.