PDA

View Full Version : How sad is it

btroj
02-04-2014, 12:22 AM
How sad is it when you use info from this site at work!

Had a guy come to the pharmacy today. He was told to get "medical grade paraffin" and wanted to know if the wax sold for braces was ok.

I mentioned that it should work fine even though it is most likely microwax, not paraffin. I the explained to the other RP what the difference is.

Yeah, I thought it was sad that I only knew this because of lube experimentation. Pretty sad really. Hard to explain why I knew, most people don't get it.

I blame 357Max and gear. Thanks guys.

Artful
02-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Remember Knowledge is Power, and it matters not where you obtain it.

Garyshome
02-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Funny how you come up with the answer. I could think of a few Lib.......People who would have a heart attack if they found out how you learned that fact.

jmort
02-04-2014, 01:24 AM
I think it is cool.

Bzcraig
02-04-2014, 02:13 AM
It is cool.....you not only knew, you knew why! What is medical grade paraffin used for?

leftiye
02-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Suckin' bucks out of patients.

btroj
02-04-2014, 09:19 AM
It is cool.....you not only knew, you knew why! What is medical grade paraffin used for?

This guy was doing a study on saliva production, he needed something to chew on that had no flavor, sugar, or anything else that might cause saliva production. Must be trying to see if chewing alone produces enough saliva for him?

btroj
02-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Suckin' bucks out of patients.

Yep, set him back almost 4 bucks.

popper
02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Must have been a goberment study. Canning paraffin is much less. Guess he had no ABC gum. Sounds like a science experiment my GS did a few weeks ago. He wanted to find what material produced the least stinky socks. Answer - wool. His younger bro. was the tester.

bhn22
02-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Yep, set him back almost 4 bucks.

Well, I hope you're proud of yourself! The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

bhn22
02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
About a year ago we had a warranty issue at work with some castings, and were getting frustrated trying to explain the issue over the phone. So, I got on the phone and told the supplier that their temps were too cold, their venting was inadequate, or that their alloys surface tension was too high (incomplete fillout). I got the third degree as to how I would know this, and who am I to tell them that they're not doing everything perfectly. I never did tell them. Nobody understands bullet casting. It turned out that their alloy temps were fine, but they normally reject the first few casts to bring the molds up to temp, but a new guy didn't reject the first castings and sent them to machining, and nobody ever really looked at them. I had to mumble something about lucky guesses.

btroj
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Amazing how knowledge gained tends to make us better informed in other arenas.

btroj
02-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, I hope you're proud of yourself! The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

Yep, never bothered me either. I fully intend to become rich as possible. I hoard money like I hoard 22 LR........

Bad Water Bill
02-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a science experiment my GS did a few weeks ago. He wanted to find what material produced the least stinky socks. Answer - wool. His younger bro. was the tester.

For those stinky feet try sprinkling a little BORAX in your shoes.

Has worked great for over 60 years and counting.:)