PDA

View Full Version : copper colored PC

odies dad
02-03-2014, 10:35 PM
OK you guys have sparked my interest.
Has anyone tried a copper colored powder coat?
I am leaning toward the tumble version of application because, frankly, the spray method sounds like an awful lot of putsy work and I have a bunch of cool whip bowls.
Any particular brand to try or to avoid?
Hate to buy a bunch of powder that won't work.

Freightman
02-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Red, yellow and white work the black will but not good. This is Harbor Freight powder $3.49 a # on sale or $5.49 regular

bangerjim
02-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Reason to use ESPC.......BLACK!

The matte black finish allows other epoxies and hi-temp coating to really stick. I over spray my blacks with VHT Hi Temp Copper (from AutoZone) and they look and work GREAT. I spray them and bake (per the can) for the time. I cannot fingernail or scrape off the copper. Have also used Krylon appliance epoxy in various color over the matte and they stick as well, after bake 250F for 20 min.

But those "paints" will only really stick to the matte surface. I have never had them stick to any gloss.

Sorry. Your DT will not cut it here.

There are probably some copper powders out there you could use with DT. But I recommend getting the ES gun! You will NOT be sorry. And it is NOT putsy!!!!!!

Whatever you do........HAVE FUN!

bangerjim

xacex
02-04-2014, 09:40 PM
After doing this for a bit I have to say Jim there nailed it. Get the gun. There is copper p/c on fleabay, along with chrome,gold,bronze and every metallic in between. I would stick with high gloss, non texture p/c. Any reason for the copper color? Range issues with cast?

Ken73
02-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Look for a copper top gloss coat. That's what mine is, but don't pay like I did for mine! LOL

Walter Laich
02-05-2014, 12:14 AM
that would sure mess with the SASS folks--jacketed is prohibited but pc bullets aren't

odies dad
02-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I just want something that will look like a jacketed bullet.
I read about trying to figure out a conductive base plate and getting complete coverage. I TL my cast bullets now and that is putsy enough for me.
Thanks for the replies. I will keep watching.

Tonto
02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I just ordered a 2ounce jar of Shinny Penny color from a tackle supply store to try this along with their gloss black. My normal PC is with the Harbor Freight line. We shall see....