PDA

View Full Version : good news from the doctors

D Crockett
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
well I got the ok from my doctor to work in my shop for 3 days a week so I will be able to make some of my smelting pot the only thing is I can only work every other day. I asked him how long this would last and his answer was till April but I can start doing something again. a word of warning don't hurt your back it is not fun. D Crockett

bayjoe
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Good to hear you're on the mend. Don't over do it!!!!!!
Back pain sucks

mikeym1a
02-03-2014, 09:43 PM
I don't know what you did to your back, or how badly it's injured. I seem to regularly 'pull' my lower back, usually on the left side, and sometimes can't walk properly for a couple of weeks. One thing I have found that seems to help is something called Arnica Gel. It's a herbal preparation. It feels cool to the touch. It is supposed to promote healing, and give some pain relief. It has worked wonders for me, and several of my karate friends with various injuries. It may offer you some relief. Good luck. Get Well.

geargnasher
02-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Stretch! Stretch thoroughly, correctly, and often! Glad to hear you're up and at it again, I know well how it really brings things to a screeching halt when your main pillar is broken.

Gear

dbosman
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Take a yoga class. Your neck will get a really good work out.

shdwlkr
02-05-2014, 07:23 PM
broke my back 40 years ago, not fun
A widow maker tried to end things for me but I am just to darn pig headed to let a big old tree knocking into the earth end this fight.
Was in a car wreck last may and not I hurt almost as bad as when I broke my back and the doctor thinks it might be arthritis settling in.
Yes by all means take care of your back if not you will one day learn the very hard way that your life may change a great deal for the rest of your life.

Charlie Two Tracks
02-05-2014, 07:33 PM
After many years of aching back problems, I finally got my Doctor to let me try physical therapy. It helps a lot. Mostly stretching exercises. The main thing is to keep doing them daily. It hasn't fixed anything but when the old back gets a goin I can do something about it instead of taking a pill. Glad to hear you are on the mend.