PDA

View Full Version : Ron Spomer one of us?

waksupi
12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
You guys need to pick up the January '08 Rifle magazine, and turn to page 22. Someone is watching us!

Flinchrock
12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Could you elaborate a little? I doubt if I will find Rifle magazine around here.

45nut
12-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Take a pic of the page maybe?

waksupi
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
i'll have to try and snatch it at work. There is a picture in the middle of the page, of a guy stealing wheel weights off of a pickup!

Ricochet
12-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Naw, none of us would steal wheelweights off of someone's truck. I doubt anyone here would go farther than digging potholes in the street to shake 'em off.

jhalcott
12-12-2007, 03:01 PM
HMMM!! UH hey Rich, you got a shovel I can use??

creekwalker
12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Naw, none of us would steal wheelweights off of someone's truck. I doubt anyone here would go farther than digging potholes in the street to shake 'em off.

BigSlick would, in a heartbeat!!!:rolleyes::kidding:

frank505
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
steal em offa dem furrin cars not a pickup

45nut
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3339592

This is Ron Spomer.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=3339592

Ricochet
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I've never heard of Ron Spomer.

But as for the debate on the video, what they ought to do is forget these silly separate seasons for bows, muzzleloaders, rifles, etc. and do what Alabama did when I lived down there: The season ran from something like October 15 to January 31, you could use whatever weapon you wanted, and the limit was one buck a day, except for designated doe seasons. Kept down the stampede of hunters to the woods. It was a lot safer. I'm afraid to go out on opening day of rifle season when it's only open for a week or two and everybody rushes out at once.

pumpguy
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
I used to hunt every weekend of pheasant season except for the second or third week. This is when rifle season opened and it was like a friggin' war zone. No amount of pheasants was worth that.

crowbeaner
12-12-2007, 08:32 PM
What irks the P outta me is these guys that wait for season to open to practice with their pistolas. I heard one buffoon a couple weeks ago run through 100 rounds in about 20 minutes. That with 16 or 17 round mags in his 9mm. 6 rounds in any semi is the law during hunting season unless it's a 22. Jerk. CB.

waksupi
12-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Ok, I think I have this picture thing figured out, kinda.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/waksupi/spomer.jpg

Paul B
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, I have issues with both gentlemen. Without going into tons of detail, I corrected Ron Spomer on something he said in one of his articles. He wrote back that he stood corrected. Now, I did tell him that if he was in my neighborhood, we could go through the whole process to prove the point. he declined. My issue is about three or four years later, he does another article and the subject came up again. He says that a reader corrected him etc ad nauseum, but, and this is a big but, he would need proof of my statements. Rememeber, he was invited to come see for himself and turned me down, even though he said he would be in town for a bird hunt.

In the case of the bearded one, AKA Larry W., I was watching one of the hunting show and that man showed some of the sloppiest unsafe gun handling I've ever seen on one of those shows. As a Hunter Ed instructor, frankly I would never allow him to hunt in my company.

I haven't had a chance to read the article in question yet, but looking at the picture, I get the impression he's spoofing us.

On the debate twixt rifle and bowhunters, here in Arizona rifle hunters for antelope, deer and elk have season that over the past few years have been right at four days in length with a few a bit longer. The bowhunters though get to start deer hunting in June and go all the way through to December. They also have longer seasons for antelope and elk. A few years back, Game & Fish wanted to take six (6) elk tags away from the bowhunter to allow a few handgun hunters the chance for a hunt season all their own. I forget how many bowhunters went to Phoenix and protested, but it was large enough to hit the 5 O' clock news. The handgun hunter did not get their tags. The reason bowhunters get so much is they are ORGANIZED are are willing to lose a day's pay to go to the Game & Fish office and fight.

However, this does not cover the question, is ron Spomer really stealing wheel weights? I doubt it.
Paul B.

Ricochet
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM
I've already forgotten who Ron Spomer is. I'd have to scroll back up the page to find out.

Shiloh
12-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh so thats how you do it.

Vise grips!! Sure beats tearing out your fingernails. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Shiloh

crowbeaner
12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
HAH! I have a pair of brake shoe pliers! High tech pilferage!

RBak
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
..........and do what Alabama did when I lived down there: The season ran from something like October 15 to January 31, you could use whatever weapon you wanted, and the limit was one buck a day, except for designated doe seasons.

Yep, I remember well being stationed in Alabama while on active duty.
Deer are thicker than fleas on a hound dog, albeit just a bit on the small size, and Quail are so thick they are a pest.....In theory, I think I calculated one year that a person could "legally" harvest close to a hundred deer a year.

Insofar as wheel weights being stollen....I have laughed at this thread for some time now, but now I'm thinking!
I moved to the little town I live in now about 18 months ago. And, I have had my tires on my truck ballanced, and re-ballanced, more in these 18 months than ever in the life of this 6 year old truck!
It's almost once every couple of months! Unbelievable!

And dumb old me, I was thinking I was loosing all these weights going out to the range, while goose hunting out in the fields, or when I was launching the boat.
Now, after reading this, although I realize that here it is more of joking matter, I would be willing to bet that someone is actually stealing my stinkin wheel weights!

I'm going to be watching this a lot more closely from here on!

Russ...