PDA

View Full Version : All in your point of view

Goatwhiskers
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Was perusing another reloading forum whose name I won't mention. A gentleman made inquiry about casting and was referred here. Another gentleman referred him to another site, stating that we are a bunch of blowhards and have a lot of newbies perpetuating wrong info. I happen to frequent the other site also and could say that it is mostly the same group of cronies exchanging info. What I will say is that I have learned a lot from this site and from the other site also, none of which is conflicting. I've even learned from the 1st site that I was reading. What I want to say is that we should all keep an open mind, experiment, and use what works while respecting all. GW

btroj
02-02-2014, 10:06 PM
If it works in your guns then why change?

We have lots of newbies here, some blowhards too. Heck, I'm certain some consider me a blowhard.

Shoot for your own pleasure, not to impress others.

geargnasher
02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
What, you talkin' about me? HAAHAHHAHAH!

Speaking of blowhards, Btroj, clear out your PM box, it's full.

Gear

leftiye
02-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Hmmmm, If youse guys are a bunch of blowhards (NOT ME!), does that make what I've learned here wind blasted? Could Y'all blow some softer maybe? 'Twould seem that a blowhard promulgating good info would be a contradiction in terms? Maybe he just got lucky?

missionary5155
02-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Good morning
Another site that propagates Lead Truth ???
Mike in Peru

Taylor
02-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I would be inclined to make a guess that all forums have their newbies and blowhards.One would have to determine on his own if the information is good for him.I certainly consider myself a newbie in reloading and casting.Just too much to learn,and it can't be done with a hour or two of reading a forum.But..what I do,does work for me,so I'll stick with it and continue to make an effort to improve on my abilities.As long as my wife can shoot and hit a silhouette at 15-20 yards and "he is dead",she is happy and I have done my job as a husband and reloader/caster.

captaint
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
So who says blowhards don't know how to make great boolits ?? And sometimes newbies DO have something to offer. I consider myself in that category. I know a couple of things. I do know I've learned from an immense amount of experience here and I like this site just fine. It is the best. Just my take. Mike

blackthorn
02-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Whenever (the collective) we look for information on the net (or anywhere else) we run the risk of reading information that is incorrect! It is our (again the collective) responsibility to read enough different posts/subjects to be able to weed out the "good" information. That would include double checking in printed Manuals where/whenever possible. As far as other sites go, I do look at a couple of other sites but I have never found any that come close to this one in terms of both quality and quantity of information.

scarry scarney
02-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Being a blowhard might even work well, if you're using a blow gun....

I've been loading and cast for more than I want to admit to, but I am constantly learning new tricks on this website. I just picked up a HF powder coat gun, and want to try PC those beautiful silver Boolits! And those new things that BTsniper keeps coming up with, boy I'm just an old neebie!

gray wolf
02-03-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm certain some consider me a blowhard.

YOU ? never, we like you.

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 02:19 PM
If it works in your guns then why change?

We have lots of newbies here, some blowhards too. Heck, I'm certain some consider me a blowhard.

Shoot for your own pleasure, not to impress others.

I know i do. :kidding:

slim1836
02-03-2014, 02:24 PM
There is another site?[smilie=1:

Slim

bhn22
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
You're not a blowhard if you can actually do the things you claim to.

Freightman
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Wife says I do nothing so don't guess I am a "Blowhard" :drinks:

DRNurse1
02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
I guess we have to get the mods on this. I cannot believe they allow someone on board who maligned the sacred silver stream. I can hardly wait for the full body scans to show the areas of lead contamination.

bhn22
02-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Everybody assume the position...

Garyshome
02-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Well how do you think I got so many posts? Blow Hard...Me? Naaaaaa!

bhn22
02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
I've been stewing on this for a while, and there's only one thing to do here, LET'S GO GET THEM!

A mob is an ugly thing, and I think it's time ve haff a good vun!

Taylor
02-03-2014, 07:47 PM
If it wasn't for Cast Boolits,I wouldn't have a clue.

btroj
02-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I know i do. :kidding:

You did prove that a shot in the foot with a 454 isn't instantly fatal. That is put to rest for good.

Wag
02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
All y'all got THIS newb on the right track. I didn't even have to ask, it's all right there for the reading.

Blow as hard as ya want to. :D

--Wag--

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 08:12 PM
You did prove that a shot in the foot with a 454 isn't instantly fatal. That is put to rest for good.

Maybe I should get on myth busters

Boyscout
02-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Sometimes the newbies ask questions that need to be asked because the old timers and those of us along the spectrum wouldn't think to ask because of what we "know."

btroj
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Good idea. I'm sure they can make a ballistics gelatin version of you.

bhn22
02-03-2014, 09:31 PM

I hear they're looking for a replacement for Buster....

btroj
02-03-2014, 09:36 PM
I hear they're looking for a replacement for Buster....

I don't know, Buster was probably better looking.....

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Didnt have a limp either.

bhn22
02-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Your new forum name is "hopalong".

Accept it and be happy, I was originally thinking "hoptoad", but had an accursed attack of decency. After all, I am the one who makes these changes around here.

btroj
02-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Hopalong, I like that.

Rooster
02-04-2014, 12:07 AM
Light the fryers and storm the castle men!! Maybe they'll drop molten lead from the parapets!!! Bring some buckets, too.

Goatwhiskers
02-04-2014, 09:51 AM
I just keep thinking there must be more to the story about being shot in the foot with a .454. After all it is a scientific fact that you can hit a BG in the finger with a .45ACP and knock him on his butt, it follows that any impact from a .454 should be instantly fatal from the shock effect. Everybody knows these things! GW

dbosman
02-04-2014, 03:58 PM
When I was younger I wanted to be a professional b***sh***er but my family kept telling me to shut up and get to work. I tried to explain that I was practicing but noooooooo.

Bullshop Junior
02-04-2014, 05:21 PM
I just keep thinking there must be more to the story about being shot in the foot with a .454. After all it is a scientific fact that you can hit a BG in the finger with a .45ACP and knock him on his butt, it follows that any impact from a .454 should be instantly fatal from the shock effect. Everybody knows these things! GW

Im just really tough.

btroj
02-05-2014, 12:03 AM
Im just really tough.

Like a cheap steak....

Recluse
02-05-2014, 02:42 AM
Like a cheap steak....

Interesting in that there are a couple of other forums I'll, on rare occasion, rummage through. One of them has a couple of ex-members from here who apparently are not welcome back and so the badmouthing that I read is entirely expected. I simply consider the source and move on.

The other site has an ex-Cast Boolits member who used to be one of those "blowhard newbies" that was described in Goatwhiskers' original post--which I find just ironic as hell. This guy was a brand new caster who developed diarrhea of the mouth after about six months of semi-successful casting. He'd been reloading somewhere around six/seven/maybe eight years and had become a world-class expert on that, too.

When I peek in over on that site, I see him either blasting Cast Boolits as "a bunch of newbies turned blowhards" or "a bunch of old farts who think they know more than they do."

The real entertainment value is in reading HIS bravo sierra about reloading and casting.

More entertaining than drunk monkeys at feeding time, I tell ya.

:coffee:

Lead Fred
02-05-2014, 03:15 AM
I dont pay much attention to points of view.
I was raised a patriot, joined the Army, went overseas, came back. Now Im a baby killer.
Fast forward 40 years & now the government that trained Me says Im a terrorist.
I still think Im a patriot, so I dont have much credence in points of view

As far as other forums go, I only do this one. and everyone has always be square with me.
and thats MY point of view

btroj
02-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I may not always agree with some of the older guys here but I never question whether or not they have done the work to form their opinion.
I'm not interested in hearing about what you think might work or have heard can work, I want to know what you did, how it worked, and what you learned from first hand experience.

I know of no site with more first hand knowledge than this one. We have a core group of guys who have been there an done that.

What other site has this much experience at the casting, loading, and shooting bench? And we also tend to share that info very openly and freely. What more does a guy need?

Goatwhiskers
02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Recluse, kinda reading between the lines, but I suspect you're talking about the same guy that I was. GW

Thumbcocker
02-05-2014, 10:06 AM
To quote Larry Bird "this ain't Russia he can say whatever he wants."