PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a contender - ideas wanted

Aldeer
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
What do you all use for carrying your contender while hunting? I'm looking for a way to carry a 10", scoped.

crowbuster
12-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I just use one of the bandoleer oversize holster types, the one i favor most is camo and can be strapped around the waist as well. Very handy as we can carry 2 guns during deer firearms season

creekwalker
12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
You don't even have to use a holster; you can use a cavalry type of carry sling instead, just like a rifle. If you have a wooden rear grip drill the bottom part for either a sling swivel stud or a saddle ring, than hook a simple looped sling to it, no big deal. One of the forum members has his own web site where he sells this type of cavalry sling. It’s a pretty slick set up and I used the same approach many years ago on a re-barreled to 308 Winchester XP100. Make your own or buy one either way it doesn’t cost a lot of money and works pretty good.

Creekwalker

45nut
12-11-2007, 06:59 PM
http://qh-holsters.com/
Dave's a member here and does top quality work. About any kind of holster you want.

Scrounger
12-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Didn't someone make a sling for binoculars that goes around the chest that takes the weight off the neck? Seems to me something of that sort could could be adapted to carry a TC. Here's a link to Midway's assortment of those things and a picture of one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=10&Categoryid=11758&categorystring=657***681***

jhalcott
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I use a holster with my 10" TC but a sling on the 14" barrels as I generally mount a bipod on them. It's very easy to drill for and mount the sling swivels

twotrees
12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I carry the 10" bbls in a shoulder holster but the 14's get 2 special screws one replaces the pistol grip screw . The other replaces the fore end hold screw. I use a Super sling , with locking swivels ,that adjusts down to fit. sling it under your arm and away you go.

Good Shooting,

TwoTrees

Dale53
12-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I carry my 10" TC's in a bandoleer type holster. At one time TC sold one made of leather. It worked nicely, too. I use a Bianchi Hush System cross chest rig with excellent results.

Dale53

Blammer
12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I usually have it in my hands with a shooting stick.... If not it's in my backpack. :)

Gussy
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I have a TC (I think, haven't looked at it in years) shoulder holster made for a scoped contender. I used to carry it that way hunting and it was an excellent way to carry it. No strain on the body and always handy. Sold the contender but I have used it for other pistols, mainly a Ruger old army when ML hunting.
Gus