PDA

View Full Version : USPS CLick and SHip website

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Has anyone tried to ship anything out of Click and ship's new website?

I can't get anything to work.

I'm just fit to be tied, but I really like the efficiency convenience my government provides... :roll:

jonas302
01-31-2014, 12:08 AM
seems to be working for me but I did see this could that be the problem
"Users of Internet Explorer 7 or lower will have to upgrade their browser to Internet Explorer 8 or higher."

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 12:21 AM
So where does that leave us Mac users now?

I can use any other shippers website.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 12:27 AM
What happen to equality?

I feel discriminated against.

Guess I got to take my business somewheres.

Liberty'sSon
01-31-2014, 12:28 AM
Pat, if you check USPS's website I'm pretty sure you will find that it states their program will not work on a Mac.

jonas302
01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Do you use paypal you can ship though there even if not paid with paypal just punch ship into the search box I know not a very good solution but maybe it will get your labels printed tonight

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Pat, if you check USPS's website I'm pretty sure you will find that it states their program will not work on a Mac.

Can you please post a link for that?

Alvarez Kelly
01-31-2014, 12:36 AM
I've been able to ship a few times. I had lots of problems with it also. I had to stand in line at the post office for a few shipments.

OBIII
01-31-2014, 12:40 AM
Pat,
This link may help: http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ&search=click%20n%20ship&searchProperties=type%3anatural&naturalAdvance=false&varset%28source%29=sourceType%3asearch

Are you using Safari?

OB

ph4570
01-31-2014, 12:45 AM
Been using it for years nearly every day without issues. But I work in a Mac free zone so....

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 01:15 AM
I thought they are all about business solutions?

Forcing a customer who has shipped his business with you for 5 years into buying a PC is not a business solution.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 01:19 AM
Maintaining a website that works for your customers is a business solution.

Go figure, the one part of USPS that is successful, and yet they have to find a way to screw it up.

Alvarez Kelly
01-31-2014, 01:47 AM
It got screwed up last Saturday night when they raised all the postage rates AND redesigned their website. I got 3 out of the last 6 labels to print. It seems like a cra-p shoot.

MTtimberline
01-31-2014, 02:00 AM
Another government website that fails to work? One in ten might be able to get their package sent?

gspgundog
01-31-2014, 02:14 AM
Brought to you by the people that created Healthcare.gov

762 shooter
01-31-2014, 07:38 AM
I was stalled on Click and ship until I put a weight in for my SFRB. Smooth sailing after that.

Goatwhiskers
01-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Not too hard to understand when you know that every piece of government computer equipment is based on Microsoft engineering. Kinda leaves Mac out in the cold. GW

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Uh... maybe the government may not realize it, but currently there are more macs being used than PC's these days.

And if your last click and ship website worked for all us Mac users for all this time, why throw us in the ditch?

I'm calling them as soon as they open.

Airman Basic
01-31-2014, 10:38 AM
What happen to equality?

I feel discriminated against.

Guess I got to take my business somewheres.
Pat, don't tell me you're a machead. I like your products, but I don't know. Not from California, are ya?

bhn22
01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Mac is far back in the dust, compared to Windows for business. At least as far as business applications go. I don't know of any major businesses that use any Mac. Perhaps there simply wasn't enough demand for Mac, and they're trying to keep expenses down to remain in business? The USPS site worked perfectly for me yesterday, I only shipped seven packages, but it worked well. The software has changed a bit, and I don't really like it, but we did get the job done without any issues.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Heck yes I'm from California.

Been using Macs since the early 80's. Did you know Windows is no more than a poorly working rip off of the Macintosh system? Even my ex-bro inlaw who was one Microsoft's top architects and co-wrote Internet Explorer among others now uses Macs exclusively.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
You guys are behind the times on Macs. Seriously. Hahhaaaa :mrgreen: Been casting too long. Getting grumpy like machinists are.

Airman Basic
01-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Heck yes I'm from California.

Been using Macs since the early 80's. Did you know Windows is no more than a poorly working rip off of the Macintosh system? Even my ex-bro inlaw who was one Microsoft's top architects and co-wrote Internet Explorer among others now uses Macs exclusively.
Ahh, Cupertino sounds like a bunch of sanfrans gettin' together for some crumpets and stuff.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Well yeah.

I serve organic (herbal) tea at the meet as well.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh USPS click and ship is currently experiencing high call volumes. Gee I wonder why?

Airman Basic
01-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Oh USPS click and ship is currently experiencing high call volumes. Gee I wonder why?
Did we do that? Wonder what "High volume" is on .gov sites. Okay, I'll quit now.

MUSTANG
01-31-2014, 11:48 AM
bhn2:

Mac's are predominantly found in business applications where intensive graphics are manipulated or used, while Microsoft fueled PC's are predominantly found in more traditional Word processing, Spread sheet, and general business software applications. Microsoft is much larger in the Business environment compared to Apple (Excluding I-Phones etc.).

For those who remember the dark ages, there was a battle between Apple (using CP/M) and Microsoft (using MS/DOS) which was predominantly won by Microsoft, thanks to the US Government choosing to go the Microsoft Route back in the Regan/Bush era. Apple evolved into Apple OS and its iterations, and Microsoft evolved into the various Windows evolutions. The predominance of Microsoft products in Government and Business was further cemented when the Federal Government (Through the Court Systems) ruled in favor of Microsoft concerning lawsuits brought by Lotus 1-2-3, and WordPerfect for Microsoft infringement on their Trade Mark/Patents lawsuits. In my opinion a true Travesty of Justice since Microsoft basically stole the code from Loutus and WordPerfect, and made minor changes, in my ignorance at the time I was an advocate of settling on a single set of Operating Systems and Office products to avoid compatibility problems, but it resulted in a Government sponsored defacto Corporate Monopoly instead.

One of our Sons works at Apple, and I rib him on the Apple/Microsoft issues quite often.

bhn22
01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
I guess we're just backwards here. My sons a programmer, and absolutely hates MS systems, but finally gave in and started playing the game when he realized that MS had won the major battles, and is what major businesses use. He's actually a Linux fan, and his PC is set up with both. It's all so.... computerish. Still, I have yet to see a major business system that is Mac based. California and the west coast may be different. Heck! California and the west coast are different.

TreeKiller
01-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Sent 2 pkg on Monday no problem. Can not get it to take a Name or e-mail address when you check a tracking #. On a PC

Finster101
01-31-2014, 09:18 PM
I fought with it this week as well. I'm using windows 7 pro and never had a problem before.

Alan in Vermont
01-31-2014, 09:27 PM
I conceded defeat when I tried to use the USPS website earlier this week. The result was that I had to pay more and make a trip to the PO. Like anything else Gov't related, every time they finally get the bugs out they have to "upgrade" to screw it up royally again. Who else would spend big money to advertise their service and then make it such a club to wield when you try to use it.

Alvarez Kelly
01-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Their website says I need IE 8.0. That's all fine, but my IE says its version 11. I have it set to auto update.

Oh, and it still didn't work when I tried to ship 10 minutes ago. After putting in all the info, it crashes and resets to a blank page.

Thanks a lot USPS.

DRNurse1
01-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Hey, guys, thanks for sticking with this problem not of your creation. This site has the greatest bunch of Vendor Sponsors.

imashooter2
01-31-2014, 11:07 PM
Works fine on XP with Firefox 26.0...

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 11:19 PM
Fact is I ship a ton of parcels with them continually, and they need to fix this damn thing. I'm going to file a complaint with who ever I can. Local gov official?

I understand website glitches that need to be fixed but to drop compatibility? I can work on any website on the internet. Why can't they make theirs compatible with all commonly used operating systems and computers like everyone else.

This is absolutely patently ridiculous. And they control the health care system... :roll:

lars1367
01-31-2014, 11:30 PM
I use it all the time to ship boxes of brass to customers. It works on my Mac (Macs work, PC's get worked on). I use Firefox, and haven't had a problem. I do agree that they screwed it up. It was working too well for the government, so they had to break it so they could fix it.
-lars1367

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Yes, but does it work for you now?

I can get in the back door to my history. I can call up an old label and reship it and the billing comes up. Everything works BUT being able to make a new label. It will let me type in an address but not select a shipping size and go to the next steps after typing in a new address. It will not get past the first page.

PatMarlin
01-31-2014, 11:52 PM
I like that name "******Brass"... :mrgreen:

russs
02-01-2014, 12:16 AM
I use firefox and sent a package with click and ship yesterday and today with no problems.

PatMarlin
02-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Mac or PC?

bhn22
02-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Are you entering the contents value? You won't get anywhere on the new system without entering a value. This does not mean that you have to insure it, they just want it documented. After you enter the value, an icon will appear in the box below that allows you to get your package options.

Alvarez Kelly
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Are you entering the contents value? You won't get anywhere on the new system without entering a value. This does not mean that you have to insure it, they just want it documented. After you enter the value, an icon will appear in the box below that allows you to get your package options.

Yes. I'm doing all that. Then the web page crashes and refreshes. I don't get the shipping options and then I get to enter all the data and try again.

I have been able to print 3 labels out of dozens of attempts. I'm just baffled by the inconsistencies.

PatMarlin
02-01-2014, 01:36 PM
It's messed up and they know it. They've got to be scrambling trying to fix this you would think. If my Mac and browser was incompatible, hardly non of it would not work. It does when I go to reship an older label, so for cryin' out loud they got to be fixing this.

And you know what? On a world wide "High Tech" scale this is an embarrassment. Proud to be an American, not proud of people (running) our government.

montana_charlie
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I opened an account with Click-n-Ship back when I honcho'd the group buy that introduced all of you to Rick Kalynuik and his mould handles. I have been using it continuously since then, and it still works perfectly with my XP computer running IE8.

CM

PatMarlin
02-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Have you used it this week?

montana_charlie
02-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Have you used it this week?
I logged on and did a sample purchase just because of reading this thread ... but, I didn't actually print out a shipping label.
CM

PatMarlin
02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Finally.

Well it's fixed. They got it working. With a Mac now even.

Sheesh... at least one less thing for me to worry about.

higgins
02-03-2014, 06:37 PM
"Users of Internet Explorer 7 or lower will have to upgrade their browser to Internet Explorer 8 or higher."

I get that message too. I'm also running Windows 8.1 with IE 11. They sent me an email telling me that I needed to enter usps.com as a trusted web site and I did that but I still get the above message on a trial run just a few minutes ago. Since I have this problem on no other website, I'm assuming the usps website is at fault, and have told them so in emails.

Alvarez Kelly
02-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Still doesn't work for me.

lka
02-03-2014, 10:17 PM
I thought they are all about business solutions?

Forcing a customer who has shipped his business with you for 5 years into buying a PC is not a business solution.

Have you seen their ACA website?

Liberty'sSon
02-04-2014, 12:14 AM
My two cents on this issue.
First, Windows 8 SUCKS.
Second, you mean to tell me they got it to work on a Mac AFTER I bought a PC just so I could ship through them?
Our government. A trillion and one reasons to hate them, now a trillion and two.

PatMarlin
02-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Make sure you enter in a value like Charlie suggested. You didn't have to do that before, but now you do.

Even shipped over to Germany today. Works.

PatMarlin
02-04-2014, 01:09 AM
My two cents on this issue.
First, Windows 8 SUCKS.
Second, you mean to tell me they got it to work on a Mac AFTER I bought a PC just so I could ship through them?
Our government. A trillion and one reasons to hate them, now a trillion and two.

That was going to be my next move, but I held off.

bme
03-21-2014, 09:38 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
As soon as I entered a value of the contents, it worked. From my older Mac on OS 10.5.8 with FireFox. Better help than the postal web site gives! I'm not into casting my own bullets and whatever else you all may talk about on this forum but I am into shipping parts for the (different) niche business I run and doing a web search got me to your web site for help when nothing else explained it. I'll head back to my corner of the 'net now that I've had a chance to write this. Thank you again!

PatMarlin
03-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Well there you go. You're welcome..!