PDA

View Full Version : Beretta heading to Tennessee.

Got-R-Did
01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20140129/GALLATIN01/301290173/Updated-Beretta-plans-invest-up-45-million-facility-Gallatin-s-industrial-park

Great news for the area, hope they grow to full capacity there.
Got-R-Did.

wv109323
01-29-2014, 10:32 PM
That's good. They moved out of an anti-gun state. They should be welcome in Tn.

turmech
01-29-2014, 11:55 PM
I watched a few of my local representatives kind of smirk and roll their eyes when Beretta testified at the state house against the anti gun legislation. I am so glad they are following through with what they said they would do, which is move out of the state if they passed it. I am sorry for anyone who will lose their job, but when your local representatives tell a company “You never left Italy and they have more strict laws then what we are proposing, but you say you will leave MD”, in a condensing tone, you get what you deserve.

jonp
01-30-2014, 01:25 AM
I found it disappointing that the article did not say why Berreta was moving.

MtGun44
01-30-2014, 01:53 AM
It is not clear that they are moving, it may be a new factory rather than moving
the HQ.

Bill

starmac
01-30-2014, 03:44 AM
I was under the impression they weren't moving out, but expanding to Tn. I tend to think expanding to another state gives them more options to move down the road.

Blacksmith
01-30-2014, 04:23 AM
I was under the impression they weren't moving out, but expanding to Tn. I tend to think expanding to another state gives them more options to move down the road.

That's right at least for now Bretta has not said they were moving. The expansion was planned for Maryland until the legislature passed the anti gun laws last year. I heard they also moved some of their warehousing to Virgina.

So $45 million and 300 jobs. Thank you governor "OWE"Malley, by the way he plans to run for President.

Beau Cassidy
01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
I hope the whole shebang moves to Tennessee. The new plant will be less than a mile from the house. Woo Hoo! I gotta get the wife and 8 month old jobs there.

AK Caster
01-30-2014, 12:16 PM
God Bless Beretta for putting its money where its mouth is and standing up to the political bullies

captaint
01-30-2014, 02:55 PM
I could never imagine why Maryland got so liberal ?? What's the deal ?? I, too, hope Beretta moves right the heck out of MD. Mike

osteodoc08
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM
I gotta get the wife and 8 month old jobs there.

I'm sure they have child labor laws there Beau, LOL. Never to early to get the kids involved though.

I'm excited too to see such a reknown maker come to the south. I wonder what they will produce there.

MtGun44
01-30-2014, 03:59 PM
"got" so liberal? They have been anti-gun for 30-40 years that I know of. Not
something new. I lived in northern Va in the 60s and then again in the 80s for
a while and MD was always far left of even N Va, which is far left of the rest of
the state of VA. Sadly, the DC crowd are slowly infecting most of eastern VA.

Bill

mold maker
01-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Regardless of whether it's a move or an expansion, it's NOT gonna be in Md. Their loss is certainly Tennessee's gain, and the people employed there. 300 NEW jobs is a boom to any community. I'll bet their good paying jobs too.

Mlcompound
01-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Fantastic! Way to go Beretta! I love my PX4 and I love my state of TN!

ourflat
01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Now we need Springfield Arms to move out of Illinois!

Frank

doctorggg
01-30-2014, 04:27 PM
I had read they were planning on moving to VA until the dems elected McCullife (spelling but who cares?) as governor. I'm afraid we are in for 4 bad years. A governor in VA can't serve 2 consecutive terms. He already is pushing to expand medicaid. He's just an extension of Obama & Bloomberg. I am sorry VA lost the bid for Beretta. The revenue and jobs would have been nice. I am happy for TN.

Blacksmith
01-31-2014, 12:19 AM
I could never imagine why Maryland got so liberal ?? What's the deal ?? I, too, hope Beretta moves right the heck out of MD. Mike

The Washington DC suburbs in Prince Georges and Montgomery counties and the City of Baltimore with its suburbs, including Columbia (site of a recent mall shooting) have a liberal stranglehold on the rest of the state. The rest of the state Western Maryland and the Eastern shore are quite conservative. Much like the country in miniature, population centers liberal and the countryside conservative.

27judge
01-31-2014, 01:18 AM
Hopefully Beretta will move their Head Quarters out of Maryland, the plant in Tenn is a new plant. But the new gun law in md (Omallys crown jewel) is working just fine I believe the shooting death toll in Baltimore is close to one a day, that's certainly proof that all those new gun laws work just like the LIBS said they would. Sorry for the rant but this State is a shame tks KEN

Got-R-Did
01-31-2014, 06:56 PM
The full time jobs once up and running is only part of the story. Consider all the Tradesmen it will require to actually build the physical plant and grounds logistics. Likely millions paid to the Skilled Trades and Labor pool already in place in/near there, and the tax base influx to the county/economy.
Beau Cassidy, you can organize personal tours for the Membership here on your offdays. I am only 3 1/2 hours from you.
Got-R-Did.

27judge
01-31-2014, 07:56 PM
If it was not for being a shame it would almost be funny. Maryland/Omally/and the md Libs have cut the throat of the Md people one more time with the loss of such a huge company. And still the death toll goes up in Baltimore city . So much for the new gun laws that ran Beretta out of Maryland and have done nothing to stop the senseless killing in Baltimore. 22 fatal shootings in Baltimore the first 31 days. KEN

turmech
01-31-2014, 08:05 PM
Hopefully Beretta will move their Head Quarters out of Maryland, the plant in Tenn is a new plant. But the new gun law in md (Omallys crown jewel) is working just fine I believe the shooting death toll in Baltimore is close to one a day, that's certainly proof that all those new gun laws work just like the LIBS said they would. Sorry for the rant but this State is a shame tks KEN

Evening news reported tonight that Baltimore is at 56 murders for the 31 days of the current year (ahead of the typical 1 per day). Boy those stricter laws on legal guns are really helping?

Blacksmith
01-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Once the new plant is up and running in Tennessee it would not surprise me to see more processes and operations move from Maryland until there is little or no manufacturing by Bretta in Maryland.

Beau Cassidy
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
There is a local community college that will certainly benefit from Beretta being here. Lots of land to expand to. Low, low taxes. Good climate. Major airport nearby. I can absolutely forsee Beretta slowly pulling out of Maryland.