PDA

View Full Version : PBTP question

jacobslagle018
01-29-2014, 04:18 PM
This could be a really dumb question, but better to ask than waste money. I was looking through PBTP(powder by the pound) and noticed a few colors I would like that HF does not offer. First of all, will their powders work in a HF es gun ok? Also will all of them work for boolits? I know some have different cure times/temps, but they should all work just fine correct? Thanks for the help everyone.

bangerjim
01-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Many people are using those very expensive powders with great success. They are all designed to be applied by industry standard electrostatic coronal discharge guns....like the HF gun.

Personally I find the black, red, white, and (limited use) yellow HF powders more than sufficient for protecting the barrel from leading, eliminating the need for messy grease lubes, and just plain fun.

Feel free to buy those powders and any others out there. There are a lot more places on-line than just PBTP! And I am NOT talking ebay.

Most industrial powders cure at 400F for 10 min. There are some out-layers that are different, so read the info.

bangerjim

Walter Laich
01-29-2014, 05:17 PM
agree with the just plain fun part. It something new to spice up reloading. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it immensely but this is something I haven't messed with before and it's cool to see how easy it is.
never too old to learn

prickett
01-30-2014, 12:33 AM
This could be a really dumb question, but better to ask than waste money. I was looking through PBTP(powder by the pound) and noticed a few colors I would like that HF does not offer. First of all, will their powders work in a HF es gun ok? Also will all of them work for boolits? I know some have different cure times/temps, but they should all work just fine correct? Thanks for the help everyone.

Check out this thread for powders that have been shown to work (and not work): http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?226662-Definitive-List-What-powders-work-and-what-powders-don-t