PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding springs for a FEG MKII

robpete
01-28-2014, 11:50 PM
I have a very early Interarms FEG MKII (serial no. 000057). I thought it was a PP clone, but apparently it's individual enough that Walther springs don't fit. Does anybody have ideas where I can find springs? I would like a recoil and hammer spring. I called Wolff and no dice.

robpete
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
anybody?

LUBEDUDE
01-31-2014, 02:09 AM
Numrich Arms?

robpete
02-04-2014, 07:04 AM
I checked them out. They have some obscure stuff, but nothing for the MKII. Thanks you though.

captaint
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Seems obvious, but did you try Brownells ??..They do have lots of parts. Mike

rintinglen
02-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I think you'll end up having to buy springs and cut your own. Brownell's sells compression spring in various sizes. IIRC they come in 12 inch lengths. Years ago I bought a Sears 22 Bolt action that needed a firing pin spring and that was the route I took. Brownell's had a set of springs that covered my needs, so I bought the set. It seems to me I paid 25 bucks for the rifle and 15 for the spring set back in the late 80's. I cut the spring with a Dremel tool and ground a flat on the ends on a grinder. You'll need to carefully measure to make sure you get the right sizes you need. Inside and outside diameter, and the diameter of the wire itself. Don't think that you'll achieve a great reduction in trigger pull this way--the geometry of the hammer trigger bar arrangement means you'll need a pretty healthy spring to whack a primer hard enough to get it to go bang.