PDA

View Full Version : New RCBS Customer Service

weasel 21
01-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Called Rcbs customer service today. Apparently that have a new system in place as all calls are routed thru the parent company , ATK Sports. I called with a technical question about one of Rcbs's product & the operator said they would have someone call me back within 2 weeks. I asked is this a new policy & they said yes. I had called a month ago & spoke with someone at Rcbs within 5 minutes.If this "new" policy continues I think it will drive people away!

WILDEBILL308
01-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Try a email. It would drive me away.
Bill

gray wolf
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Bean counters at work again.

'74 sharps
01-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Bean counters at work again.

Some bean counters have saved companies so much money, they will never need good customer service again..........

101VooDoo
01-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Thats not good.

dragon813gt
01-27-2014, 03:04 PM
A call back w/in the hour is less than acceptable let alone two weeks.

weasel 21
01-27-2014, 03:19 PM
I got a callback about 2 hrs. The guy told me this is the first day of a call center routing & every person they talked to HATED this new system. The guy I spoke with was great as usual.

Changeling
01-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Sorry you are upset with RCBS, I've always found them to be AWESOME in the service department! That's why I always deal with them!!

Maybe it's time for you to see the real world, call Lyman and ask for the service department, LOLAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called Rcbs customer service today. Apparently that have a new system in place as all calls are routed thru the parent company , ATK Sports. I called with a technical question about one of Rcbs's product & the operator said they would have someone call me back within 2 weeks. I asked is this a new policy & they said yes. I had called a month ago & spoke with someone at Rcbs within 5 minutes.If this "new" policy continues I think it will drive people away!

wlc
01-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Haven't called, but did email late one night. The next morning when I got up I already had a reply.

bgokk
01-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Sorry you are upset with RCBS, I've always found them to be AWESOME in the service department! That's why I always deal with them!!

Maybe it's time for you to see the real world, call Lyman and ask for the service department, LOLAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not upset with RCBS he is upset with ATK Sports new policy.

weasel 21 added ""I got a callback about 2 hrs. The guy told me this is the first day of a call center routing & every person they talked to HATED this new system. The guy I spoke with was great as usual.""

jmort
01-27-2014, 05:02 PM
For the prices they charge, and the outsourcing to China, RCBS should at least answer the phone.

Scharfschuetze
01-27-2014, 05:16 PM
I hope that they get it all sorted out and get back to the status quo. One of the reasons I've bought RCBS products over the years is due to their outstanding customer service.

ACrowe25
01-27-2014, 05:19 PM
I hope that they get it all sorted out and get back to the status quo. One of the reasons I've bought RCBS products over the years is due to their outstanding customer service.

This, without customer service they offer I'll take my money else where. I hope things change.

gefiltephish
01-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Not to worry, as soon as they have the system "perfected", it will be outsourced to India where they'll be only too happy to speak with you right away...sort of.

ACrowe25
01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Not to worry, as soon as they have the system "perfected", it will be outsourced to India where they'll be only too happy to speak with you right away...sort of.

That's the problem. People mentioned Lyman--- I've had to call Lyman 1 time. In doing so they picked up immediately and spoke to a great young lady that was more than helpful. Luck? I don't know like I said I've only called once.

foxtrapper
01-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Dealing right now with RCBS using emails. They are getting back to me same day. Very helpful and we will see how it turns out!

cheese1566
01-27-2014, 06:24 PM
I do emails.
I became friends with one of the customer service guys. Even when I email him direct, it takes a while to get a response. These guys are still overwhelmed with the current market and are busting butt to keep up. I will stick with them.
Blame the adminstrators and bean counters, but dont forget the people we actaully deal with on the other end to help solve our problems are real people too!
Some of these guys that do customer service have double duty at trade shows and Shot Show as well.

mpmarty
01-27-2014, 09:51 PM
I quit RCBS over a BS answer to a phone call for support. I had a set of their 7.5X55 Swiss dies and they were sizing the brass way too small. Called for tech supt. and was told the dies were correct for the "early" 7.5 Swiss rifles but not for the K31s. For a fee, they would "modify" my dies to the correct size for K31s. I told him "thanks but no thanks" as Redding already shipped K31 die sets for this caliber. I ordered a full length sizer from them and it works perfectly.

TXGunNut
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
I've only called RCBS once, awesome folks. E-mail works for me. I often spend a good part of my day returning calls, I wish I could take every call on the first ring but it just doesn't work that way. I don't do instant gratification, that's found under the Golden Arches. Some of my clients's issues can't be solved with a short, simple call and if the next caller in line can't or won't leave a message I'll go on to the next call.

Bush Pilot
01-27-2014, 11:10 PM

The upside is you can get computer tech support from the same person.

Cadillo
01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
That's the problem. People mentioned Lyman--- I've had to call Lyman 1 time. In doing so they picked up immediately and spoke to a great young lady that was more than helpful. Luck? I don't know like I said I've only called once.

I have to agree. The one time I called Lyman, it was because the transformer of my electronic powder scale/dispenser had taken a dump. The phone was answered by a nice lady, who upon hearing of the issue told me that a new one would go out in a couple of days free of charge. I was more than satisfied.

Bored1
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
IF you call the RCBS direct # it will still route you directly to RCBS in Cali. When calling the 1800 # just tell them you are returning a call from a cust service rep in Oroville, California and the operator will give you the direct #. Just did this earlier this week. Should've keep the # but tossed it.

Beau Cassidy
01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Yet another downward spiral of a once-great company. At least they aren't outsourcing the customer service calls to India or the Phillipines. I have been known to use customer service as a filter before buying a product. For instance- I might email a company about a product. Nothing in particular. Just a basic question to "probe the lines" so to speak. If the company doesn't respond, well, then neither do I.

Maven
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I just contacted RCBS last week, by e-mail and telephone, and got prompt answers to both questions. The telephone call was answered immediately; the e-mail in <24 hrs. In short, you'll have to see for yourselves whether RCBS' customer service has deteriorated.

Ben
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
I've never received anything but exceptional service from RCBS.

They rank at the top in my opinion.

Hardcast416taylor
01-30-2014, 04:22 PM

"Halllooo, may I be of service to yoouu, thank yoouu veddaay mooch for calling" said Rama the new RCBS phone tech from his stall next to an elephant drive thru wash in Bombay!Robert

captaint
01-30-2014, 06:48 PM
The only surprises I ever got from RCBS cust service were very pleasant ones. They were beyond great. I guess the bean counters just don't understand what customer service means to people. All that education - wasted, if you have no customers. A shame. Mike

ShooterAZ
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Not to worry...RCBS will take care of you. I had a similar experience with Dillon recently, they are very hard to get through to on the phone. But rest assured these two companies are the best in the business. The current political climate has been stretching them to the limits, so please just be patient.

Mal Paso
01-30-2014, 09:35 PM
I have had excellent customer service from RCBS but can't get them to answer one question.

I noticed The Punisher (both movies) uses RCBS equipment exclusively. I asked if this was product placement or if they sponsored The Punisher and did not get a reply.

Down South
01-30-2014, 09:53 PM
I've only called RCBS twice in 40 years of using their products. The last call was about a week ago. I broke the decapper pin and bent the decapper rod in a 45 acp carbide sizing die. It was my fault. I told them it was my fault but the sweet lady on the other end of the phone asked me what my mailing address was. They sent a new decapper rod and 5 decapper pins free of charge. The package came in a couple days ago.

Go RCBS!!!!!!

Same experience with Dillon. Broke a piece on the frame of one of my RL 550B's. They replaced the frame free of charge. Service was fast with both companies.

Go Dillon!!!!!

MTtimberline
01-30-2014, 10:11 PM
I've used email to contact RCBS and wrote a detailed explanation of the problem. Both times I got a reply letting me know that parts were on the way. Once it was asking them where to buy the fiber washer between the shoulder and the cap nut for the pressure screw on the LAMII. They sent me a die retaining nut. Before I could contact them they let me know they realized their mistake and I received an entire pressure screw assembly two days later. Service like that is unheard of from MOST any other manufacturer today. They still did not answer my one question about the part number and price for the fiber washer. I have since then found a copper washer of the same size and just had to drill the I.D. to the size of the pressure screw shaft.

LUBEDUDE
01-31-2014, 01:51 AM
I can't believe this great company is getting screwed over by their Genius parent company.

BIG MISTAKE!

You can forget emails. I don't do emails. Besides, anybody with an I.Q. above room temperature knows that when dealing with technical items/problems it is usually much easier on both ends to discuss live/verbally rather than by writing.

Yup, they'll lose business over this one alright.

winelover
01-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Several weeks ago, I contacted RCBS by E-mail, for a complete mold guide assembly. The used Pro-melt, I acquired, didn't come with one. Got a response the same day. This was during the Holidays. What I found strange was that they wanted me to supply them the part numbers. So I found the schematics, on their site, and promptly gave them the part numbers. They agreed to furnish the parts, free of charge.

Couple of weeks go by, no package from RCBS. Wasn't till I sent them another inquiry, did they actually ship the parts.

Monday, I discovered my RCBS Hand Priming Tool was acting up, feeding LR primers. Discovered the two plastic halves of the primer feed were worn. This time I provided the part numbers. Still waiting on the initial reply, from them.

Last night, I sent another E-mail, inquiring about a die set. Curious, as to how long it takes for them to respond.

Might have to try the land line.

Winelover

cbrick
01-31-2014, 09:01 AM
I've never contacted them by email, called the 800 number the couple of times I needed them and the problem was solved on the phone with no issues. I told them one time that I lost the part and wanted to buy a replacement, certainly not their fault, they wouldn't let me pay & sent the part free including shipping.

I've had customer service from incredibly bad (Redding) to absolutely great but none that rises to RCBS.

Rick

Elkins45
01-31-2014, 09:33 AM
I can't believe this great company is getting screwed over by their Genius parent company.

BIG MISTAKE!

You can forget emails. I don't do emails. Besides, anybody with an I.Q. above room temperature knows that when dealing with technical items/problems it is usually much easier on both ends to discuss live/verbally rather than by writing.

Yup, they'll lose business over this one alright.

They won't lose my business. Just because you don't do emails doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I prefer email for simple things like requesting a broken replacement part, and I promise you my IQ is much higher than room temperature. From what I've read above it doesn't look like their customer service end results have been impacted, and that's ultimately why I don't think it will cost them any business.

FLYCUTTER
01-31-2014, 09:58 AM
I really like the guys from Tech. Support because they really know their stuff and will replace anything broken free . I don't understand why they would stop the thing they worked hard to get "the personal support when you call". With all the money they generate why would they cut back and make you talk to a stupid recorded voice. I smell a pinhead suit in the wood pile making this wrong move for the company.

Randy C
01-31-2014, 10:24 AM
I received my 243 WSSM PRECISION MIC from Midway and the bullet in the box is not the right one I don't know what cal. it is and when I bought my PRO 2000 press it come with out the small powder cylinder I called RCBS and they mailed me one and some other tings no questions asked I might be in for a long disappointing journey to get my precision MIC changed. Im going to call midway also they have been good about things like that buy I have to pay return shiping with them.

NVScouter
01-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear this. I hope they get the system figured out.

20 years ago dies were $19, then they went to $26 around 8 years ago. Two years ago they went to $32 now almost $40. The USD is down but steel is also. My old dies are amazing and last two set are "OK". No shell holder anymore and the plastic box on the new sets is barely acceptable

I have decapper pins older than me and new pins broken in firing pin holes after 200 rounds.

RCBS is falling out of favor. If I hav to pay more I'm buying LEE basics or upgrade to Redding.

ATK needs to decide if the high profit margin and CA based business is worth losing us.

Randy C
01-31-2014, 10:59 AM
Here is my update I called midway they called RCBS and he said they did the same to him but he was able to get back to RCBS and they are going to mail me the right bullet to go inside my PRECISION MIC the MIC was the right size. this took less than 10 min. it took longer to look up my invoice.

Tatume
01-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Besides, anybody with an I.Q. above room temperature knows that when dealing with technical items/problems it is usually much easier on both ends to discuss live/verbally rather than by writing.

This is not true. Accurate communication of technical details is much enhanced in writing.

captaint
01-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Well, I'll still give RCBS the first look. They haven't done me wrong. Hoping they don't, either.
Mike

boltaction308
01-31-2014, 12:28 PM
Last week I had a switch fail in my RCBS powered case trimmer, I went to the on line help system, submitted a message, included my mailing address, 48 hours later they said a replacement switch was in the mail. BTW, to get to the switch to even determine if it was bad, I had to drill out the rivets. I was afraid they would say that it was not a customer serviceable part but the didnt and are sending me one, NO CHARGE.

winelover
02-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Update---Received a E-mail saying the parts for my Hand Primer, were being sent out and the also answered my die related question, to my satisfaction.

Winelover

dverna
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Well.....none of you ever had a Green Machine. Should have bought the Star but it was more $$$. But I have a Star now.

Don Verna

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-02-2014, 02:01 AM
I'd send pictures of my Dillon stuff, but it would crash this system. I just wish they made lubri/sizers.

RCBS is inconsistent in my opinion.

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Tatume,

perhaps if you are building something that requires an MS in engineering. In any case, we are not communicating RE technical details. There are none.

This, as they say, is NOT rocket science. If you count the setscrews, a three die set has fifteen parts.

My eleven year old nephew is not firearms oriented, they are bowhunters.

It would take him about twenty minutes to learn the name of each part, and refer to a schematic on the monitor to figure out which parts a customer might need. The most difficult thing would be explaining to him why .357 and 38 caliber pistol bullets are the same size, and the fact that both use .358" projectiles.

This is a desire to cut corners, nothing more.

regards,

Rich

Tatume
02-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Rich,

The OP declared that anybody who doesn't agree with him is stupid. Please read his post again. He did not confine his remark to discussion of reloading equipment. He said all technical matters are better discussed verbally than in writing. I continue to disagree, and I am not stupid.

Besides, anybody with an I.Q. above room temperature knows that when dealing with technical items/problems it is usually much easier on both ends to discuss live/verbally rather than by writing.

Take care, Tom

cbrick
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
RCBS is inconsistent in my opinion.

How so?

Rick

KLR
02-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I just sent an email today (Sunday) using their web site form. I asked about a couple of parts for a set of dies. I told them I broke them and asked for a cost including shipping. In a few minutes I had an email telling me they are being sent at no charge. Wow, how can you beat that?

Randy C
02-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I hope thy continue to try and help us, but there are a lot of people that take advantage of things like this.

sw282
02-02-2014, 11:14 PM
l quit buying new RCBS a few years back when l read an article in 'Shooting Times' about their RockChucker presses being made in CHINA.. l switched to Hornady and have never regretted it...

Littleton Shot Maker
02-03-2014, 05:58 AM
double what sw282 said. love redding, when I can get what I need. Dillion stuff is good,
When ever possible I will not give my money to companies that have out sourced, lower quality, goods.
Wait till Dillion has everything made in Pakistan or India.
Don't worry every one is having trouble keeping up with calls or emails,
it's just nice we still have the sport we all love to take part in. Complaining (I mean shooting)

Bayou52
02-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I called RCBS just this morning. Talked to a customer rep within 5 minuttes, and parts are on the way at no charge.

I've never had a less than stellar experience with RCBS customer service.

They got my business the old fashioned way - they earned it.......

dragon813gt
03-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Figued I'd post my experience w/ them since I've had two over the past month. Both were handled through email. I was looking for parts for a LAM 1 in both instances. First claim I got no response from them for a week. I was busy all week and didn't have time to call them. And I honestly forgot I sent them an email. I got a nice email saying the parts are in the mail at no charge. I receivd them today, two weeks after I received the email.

I bought a second LAM 1 off eBay that was in less than stellar shape. Contrary to the listing. I was upfront w/ RCBS about parts being bent by the previous owner. This time I got a reply email two days later saying to call them. I was given a technician's name. I called them, the tech wasn't in but he called me back w/in the hour. He gave me a price for the parts which I have no problem paying for. I wasn't expecting them to be free. Then he told me they would ship in a week and half to two weeks.

I was not expecting any of the parts to be free. But at the same time when I pay I don't expect to wait over two weeks for the parts to ship let alone receive them. When dealing w/ other companies I have never had to wait this long to receive the parts. The one week wait to respond to an email was a little long in my opinion as well. I know calling would have been faster but I honestly did not have the time. I didn't have any issues talking to a knowledgeable person when I did call for the second claim. A few things are inconsistent and need to be worked on IMO. The biggest being the shipping time. But they've still been pleasant experiences w/ the issues being resolved.

gunoil
03-02-2014, 12:49 AM
They took so long, i forgot my ?, and told him and said by! TRUTH,