PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal On Good Lead

MN91311
12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Going with the general flow to start hoarding as much lead as possible, I bought these this past week. I posted an ad seeking lead in our free ad sources here, and an 80 year old gentleman answered, and sold me this stash. Needed Christmas money, I guess.

There are 159 ingots totalling 300 pounds. The source was lead cable sheathing, which he smelted into a homemade ingot mold similar to the ones I have seen on here. Should be almost pure soft lead.

He knows all about zinc and aluminum contamination, and assured me there is none in these ingots.He got this lead for free from friends, and used it mostly for making huge salt-water sinkers. He only sold me about half of what he had total.

Best part was the price ..... 25 cents per pound. Smelted into clean ingots. $75 dollars total ( no tax or shipping ) for the whole pile.

Life is good.

jawjaboy
12-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Ya done good MN! Hard to beat that price for clean stuff!

pumpguy
12-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Nice haul. I make my ingots the same way. I store them in a milk crate turned on its side in groups of four. Just don't try to pick the milk crate up.

dmftoy1
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Now THAT is a good idea . . I think I'll create an AD on craigslist. THANKS!

TNsailorman
12-20-2007, 11:22 PM
You did good. I haven't cast boolits for years now but I am toying with the idea of getting back. Its either that or cut back on the shooting, bullets and such are getting mighty dear these days.

Hunter
12-23-2007, 01:22 AM
That way folks are hording lead and W-W today I would agree you did real good.