PDA

View Full Version : Martini Henry Info

John Allen
01-24-2014, 11:52 PM
I just picked up a really nice Martini Henry by BSA. It is a small frame version. The lever to open the action does not drop all the way down to allow insertion of a cartridge or ejection. I was going to tear it apart but wondered if anyone had any ideas? Also if anyone knows any good books or even a schematic on them?

Thanks John

Here is a pic

Von Gruff
01-25-2014, 12:56 AM
This would be the best place to check John. The expertise here is outstanding.

http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/forums/3/Miniature-Rook-and-Cadet-Rifle-Forum#.UuNDjOn2_IU

enfield
01-25-2014, 07:46 AM
that bottom screw is what holds the complete action in, so if you take that out it comes out the bottom in one piece and you should be able to see whats wrong. sharp looking rifle , I have a few of them ( its a toss up between BSA Martinis and Rolling Blocks when it comes to my favourite action )

john hayslip
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
If the above two don't work hit me with a PM and I'll see if De Hass's book on single shots doesn't have a section on it and I'll send you a copy.

John Allen
01-25-2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks everyone I was going to take the action apart today

JMtoolman
01-25-2014, 07:31 PM
The 310 Martini is not designed to open that way, the last 1/6 of an inch is spring loaded to contain a ctg. in the chamber with the lever open since the action does not have a safety. Just push the ctg. down and into the chamber and the rim will pop over the front of the block to contain the round, and it won't fall out carrying it with the lever open. Upon extracting the block lowers enough that the rim will clear the front face of the block and the extractor will pop the case out.
Best regards, the toolman.