PDA

View Full Version : Need Help W/LED Light

alamogunr
01-23-2014, 10:22 PM
I didn't know where to put this so it would reach someone who could help so thought I would start here.

I have a couple of the little AA LED lights from Wiljen's GB of a couple of years ago that were referred to as "Zoomies". I have one that needs a new battery and can't remember how I got it apart. I thought I would just be able to unscrew the rear and replace the battery. I may be working on the wrong end.

Everything is stuck TIGHT!

Anyone have any solution?

MT Gianni
01-24-2014, 12:53 AM
The rear unscrews and it takes one single A battery. Get western with it if you need to they are tough. If it is really tight put antisieze on the threads. The button on/off switch loosens from the next band towards the light bulb end.

alamogunr
01-24-2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks! At least I was working on the correct end. Are those little holes in the ring at the rear for some kind of spanner? Also are the threads right hand? Would a little Kroil help?

Big Rack
01-24-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't know anything about this brand of light but if you put a touch of vasilene on the o-ring and threads it'll be a lot easier next time.

wiljen
04-27-2014, 08:42 AM
the threads are standard. The only one i have seen do this had a cell corrode and lock the theads. Also try backing off the clip slightly as those screws will act as locking screws for the tailcap if over-tightened. Worst case, send it back to me and I'll fix/replace it.

Wally
04-27-2014, 09:00 AM
I have a Ultrafire C1 LED ...I use it often and like it very much. I noticed that the tailcap switch would not stay on the stay at the last brightness level, when turned off and then on again. I was going to contact Wilgen to see about buying a new tailcap switch...but before I did so I sprayed in some CRC QD contact cleaner...that fixed the problem...FWIW.

Thanks again to Wiljen for offering such a wonderful device...I use it almost everyday.