PDA

View Full Version : Starline has 45 Colt listed for sale right now

Four-Sixty
01-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Just a heads up for those looking for some.

osteodoc08
01-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Is there a coupon or something. It seems to be the standard $106/500 price when I go to their website. Or at least they dont mention anything about a sale.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/45-Colt-Brass/

EDIT:
As noted by JayHawk
Its FOR sale
Not ON sale.

Silly me.

Jayhawkhuntclub
01-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Is there a coupon or something. It seems to be the standard $106/500 price when I go to their website. Or at least they dont mention anything about a sale.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/45-Colt-Brass/

He said they have it "for sale"; not on sale. Just means it's available.

osteodoc08
01-21-2014, 02:33 PM
He said they have it "for sale"; not on sale. Just means it's available.

Youve got me on that one. I guess I was hoping for on sale cause I'd like an excuse to pick up more starline casings in 45 Colt. Since I dont absolutely need them, I wont contribute to the problem and hoard.....

geargnasher
01-21-2014, 02:40 PM
I've been hoarding new Starline .45 Colt so much over the past few years that I can honestly say I have enough. I'll let the rest of you catch up, now....

Gear

Four-Sixty
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
It looks like they're on backorder again, or "not for sale".

220swiftfn
01-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Well, .........darn.........

Love their brass, but if you want it, put it on order as soon as it lets you "backorder" it......

Anyone know how often they do "runs" on the Colt????

Dan

bobthenailer
01-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I could use 100, but not 500 or 1000. If someone decides to buy a quantity larger than they need, PM me....

a few months ago i bought starline 500 ct 45 lc brass because the price was the best period and avaliable now, i kept 300 and sold the rest on the swaping & selling fourm in one day !

Bullshop Junior
01-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Wish I had some money. Im down to my last box of 45 colt brass and its pretty old. I get at least a handful of cracked ones every time I go out shooting.

bangerjim
01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Well, .........darn.........

Love their brass, but if you want it, put it on order as soon as it lets you "backorder" it......

Anyone know how often they do "runs" on the Colt????

Dan

My last order, I had t wait 2 months just to do a backorder!

banger

Walter Laich
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Ouch!
That's not fun at all

Jayhawkhuntclub
01-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Nobody makes better brass than Starline IMHO.

HATCH
01-22-2014, 02:40 PM
if you are really in need you need to call them on the phone and talk to them.

It could be the fact my dad has purchases tens of thousands of brass in the past 3 years, but he was able to place a order for 5K pieces of brass that were on "no backorder" status. He got it in under a month.

220swiftfn
01-23-2014, 03:13 AM
My last order, I had t wait 2 months just to do a backorder!

banger

if you are really in need you need to call them on the phone and talk to them.

It could be the fact my dad has purchases tens of thousands of brass in the past 3 years, but he was able to place a order for 5K pieces of brass that were on "no backorder" status. He got it in under a month.

Good to know, I think I can make it two months with what I have here..... Thanks.

Well, an order of 5,000 probably made it worthwhile to "tool up" for a run.... Plus the fact that he was a known quantity buyer didn't hurt.......

Dan

Green Frog
01-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Starline has increased their capacity over the years, but too many folks have found out about them, and the demand is often in excess of their ability to keep up. The only answer is to get your name on the list for whatever calibers you need and take them when they are available. I do know that their backorder production seems to be somewhat influenced by the number of cases that are already backordered. If people are waiting for a half million or so 327s, they probably won't delay making them for a ten thousand case back log of 32-20s. One of the few really smart things I have done along these lines is to order 1000 of their 327 Fed Mag cases when they became available. Keep the faith, the wait will definitely be worth it.

Froggie