PDA

View Full Version : Price check from 45 auto guys

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I've listed my Sig P220 for sale on some local facebook guntrader groups.
not getting much interest wondering if some of you aficionados could comment
on my pricing.
Its P220, 3 Sig brand mags, 2 holsters, one IWB Blackhawk, one Dillon Leather belt holster,
one Galco 2 mag belt pouch.
Gun is 2 tone, and has factory night sights and in immaculate condition.
Gun alone books for my asking price of $1000
Am I too high?
Is there any interest here? If so, I'll pull the local adds and place in B&S

obssd1958
01-19-2014, 01:03 PM
This one was listed here (Boise) and sold. He was asking $700:

220 ST includes- JM Custom Kydex IWB, Ambush Tactical OWB, 3x factory 8 round stainless mags, original blue box, Original Guide Rod and GGI stainless Guide Rod, p220 slim grips and factory hogue rubber grips.

Just one instance, and I never saw the pistol, so I can't comment on the condition.

Don

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Forgot to mention, I watched several on gunjoker sell near my price for the blue version w/o night sights.
according to Bluebook, those 2 things add 185 to value. Not arguing, I know they're worth what you get for them.
Just saying how I came on my price, but that doesnt mean I'll get it:wink:
Thanks for commenting

I'm looking for something smaller for CC when this sells, that's the motivation for selling
This has been an outstanding weapon, it's never stove piped or FTFeed in the 15+ years I've owned it
(long as I didnt feed it a squib :lol: )

StratsMan
01-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Jim... Back when I got my 220 (near the beginning of time) they were cheaper and the options you have weren't available, so I can't comment about that price... but I've noticed that First Glance counts a lot on the sale of a current-production gun. If gunbroker sellers offer P220's for less than your price, then most will pass over your gun without looking at the options list. Personally, I've made purchases that were heavily influenced by the accessories or customizations that someone else made, then lost money selling the gun because no one wanted those accessories; they wanted a different holster, different sights, etc... You may be better off selling the gun with one mag, and offering the other magazines separately... Now that I think of it, I need to replace a couple of my Sig mags....

Bonz
01-19-2014, 01:25 PM
I just paid $909 for a brand new Sig P220 Equinox (full size) with 2 magazines. I just purchased 2 more magazines at MidwayUSA for $40 each plus shipping.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-19-2014, 01:40 PM
A close friend had an older P220.
"Made in West Germany" was stamped on the gun, dating it to the early 1980's
He had several magazines, holster, and an extra set of fancy wood grips. he was asking $1100 for the lot a year ago, couldn't sell it. He ended up doing some dealing on the gun only, and got $700 in April 2013. I sold his accessories for him, here on the S&S section...he ended up with about $950 for the separated package.

I can't speak for the value if it's older or newer ?
But I suspect that may have something to do with it.

bhn22
01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Honestly, don't expect to get anything over the guns value for the holsters, no two people seem to have the same taste in holsters. I never include them in a sale, but offer them separately at the end. People expect handguns to come with two mags, so you have one extra mag, even if you paid extra for two of them. One extra mag is a tie-breaker bonus, no necessarily part of the main event. Round numbers like $1000.00 cause people to skim right over an item. Odd numbers make them pause and actually focus on part of the text. Then, if interested, they may read some more. Also, you might check Gun Broker prices real quick, in a quick perusal, I found a number of new guns considerably under $1000.00 (high eights).

WilliamDahl
01-19-2014, 01:52 PM
Holsters are kind of a personal item. What works for one person might not work for another person. As such, I totally discount them in the worth of a package since I'm just as likely to throw them away as keep 'em. Since night sights pretty much need to be replaced every 10-12 years, I don't really count them as something that would add value to a package and cause me to pay more for it.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-19-2014, 02:21 PM
good info guys, thank you,.
by the crest and stampings this one is a 1992 version, made in W Germany.
I need to adjust my prices. I'm in this gun good, so I'll be fine. Hoping to get
a replacement revolver and enough $$ to bail out my Buffalo Classic on layaway
I personally look for package deals, maybe I'm the odd one :)

TXGunNut
01-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Package deals narrow your target market, worth a try but your buyer is looking for a 220 at a given price level and if your ad doesn't meet those criteria he'll pass it by. You may mention the available extras in your ad text but they may sell better on their own. Hopefully you've already gotten your money's worth out of them because resale value is often a fraction of new purchase price.

jonp
01-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Holsters are kind of a personal item. What works for one person might not work for another person. As such, I totally discount them in the worth of a package since I'm just as likely to throw them away as keep 'em. Since night sights pretty much need to be replaced every 10-12 years, I don't really count them as something that would add value to a package and cause me to pay more for it.

When I buy a firearm I'm buying the gun and maybe magsif its a semi auto. Holsters etc have no value to me and I don't care if the person keeps them or not

KCSO
01-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Get a CDNN catalog and see what the guns are seling for there. That will give you a starting place.

Holsters magazine pouch ect are worth very little to buyer as HE may not want what you want in a holster. I had a customer in recently who spent $150 for a very nice duty holster for his gun L/H. He got nothing for it and it still sits on the wall 2 months later with no takers. The second problem is that it's a SIG and a spendy gun in comparison to the 1911 clones that are discounted all over the place. It will take a while to find a home for this with a SIG lover.

Love Life
01-20-2014, 12:37 PM
People are broke. Take it down and relist it smack dab in the middle of tax return season. It'll sell then.