PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ferguson-"The Antimony Man"- Out of Business

alamogunr
01-17-2014, 07:04 PM
This was posted on the CB-L last night. I thought someone here would speak up since several are members of the CB-L but I haven't seen it so far.

I know several on this board were long time customers of Bill's.

"Subject: Bill Ferguson has closed his lead business
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:37:39 -0800
To:
Hello ****, Long time now since we "talked." How are you doing overall? de: A ghost from the past, ., *** *****writes: This is about our friend Bill Ferguson. I spoke with his daughter this morning. She is continuing to receive calls about Bill's business. Bill is no longer able to communicate with people about his affairs and is completely out of business. None of the family are able to carry on. She would appreciate having people stop calling for him. If you would, please let folks know that the lead business in Sierra Vista is not longer in existence."

I've deleted names and email addresses since they are not pertinent to the information. I don't know why they don't take down the website and eliminate confusion.

Moonman
01-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Bill and family are suffering "THE LONG GOOD BYE."

I had heard somewhere the sister was not computer literate,

and she may need someones help to close his website for good.

bangerjim
01-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Too bad about his heath. Lots of knowledge. A sad way to leave this mortal coil.

But if the family wants the calls to stop, they need to shut down the site! Someone is paying for the URL every year!

If you want any of the technical info he as up there, you had better copy it now.....as I did a couple months ago.

banger

MaryB
01-17-2014, 11:18 PM
If I wa sin AZ I would help them shut down, must be a member in AZ who is computer savvy

bhn22
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Call it what it is... alzheimers. My Mom went the same way.

shooterg
01-17-2014, 11:39 PM
My Grams had it. Tough on a whole family . Not how we wanna go out.

MT Gianni
01-18-2014, 01:02 AM
When i started casting in 93 Bill was older than dirt but a great idea and resource person. He has a lot of knowledge. I pray for his health and family.

Shuz
01-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Wasn't Bill they guy behind the long departed L.E.T.S. company that used to furnish alloying metals from Missouri? IIRC, he moved the business or started a new business in Arizona many years ago. He's a great guy to talk to, he'll be missed.

bhn22
01-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Leading Edge Tool Service. I haven't thought of them for ages.

GLL
01-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Talking with Bill was always interesting !
A simple question often ended up in a 45 minute conversation about what geological field research I was currently working on in New Mexico, Nevada, or west Texas ! Fun gentleman ! :)

Jerry

alamogunr
01-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Wasn't Bill they guy behind the long departed L.E.T.S. company that used to furnish alloying metals from Missouri? IIRC, he moved the business or started a new business in Arizona many years ago. He's a great guy to talk to, he'll be missed.

When L.E.T.S. decided to cease the alloying metals business and concentrate on machining, Bill bought the rights and equipment and started up in Sierra Vista. I used to have a printout of the announcement from L.E.T.S. I do have a little brochure on alloying that they put out. It is amazing how many times those recipes are repeated, not necessarily from that source.

I would still hope that someone could assist his family in shutting down the website.

Larry Gibson
01-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Good luck to Bill and family. Thanks for the help and tin in the past.

Larry Gibson

shooter93
01-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Simply an absouletly wonderful man who's services will be missed.

bikerbeans
01-18-2014, 10:07 PM
I just "met" Bill today. I read the information he provided on his website and I am sorry I didn't find him sooner. .

BB