PDA

View Full Version : Ever put something down and then can't find it?

taiden
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
A member on here sent me a 2 cavity Lee mold to start casting with. I was admiring it, I put it down somewhere, and now I can't find it. It's not like I live in a big house or anything. I've retraced my steps probably a dozen times and I still can't find it! I'm only 25, aren't I supposed to have old guy problems later??? :veryconfu

I'll probably find it in the toilet tank tomorrow evening.

Actually... let me go check...

Garyshome
01-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Ask your wife to help!

taiden
01-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Ask your wife to help!

so THATS what they are for... I have to get one first. :)

I even checked my mailbox...

Reg
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Every day all day long !!!!!!

:???::???::???::???:

wallenba
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
It will turn up. Usually in the dark when you are walking to the bathroom barefoot or something like that. If not... it will always be in the very last place you look.

smokeywolf
01-16-2014, 01:22 PM
I find that when I no longer need nor want the object which I have misplaced, that's when it shows up.

tommag
01-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Taking a shower in a truckstop once, I couldn't findmy comb after dressing. I went out to purchase another one. The cashier laughed andinformed me I already had one stuck in my hair!

starnbar
01-16-2014, 01:23 PM
What I have found is you put it where you normally don't place things like that and when you do find it you'll say I remember doing that.

quilbilly
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
It will show up as soon as you buy another one.

oldred
01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I spend at least half my time looking for things I "had in my hand just a few minutes ago"!

lancem
01-16-2014, 01:32 PM
seem to be doing that more and more here lately myself.

I've been finding these things under something else that I just sat down so I've been looking under a lot of things lately instead of looking for the missing item "on top"

wvmanchu
01-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Found my glasses in the refrigerator once. No I never put things down and forget where I put them, I blame it on the wife.

wallenba
01-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Like my dear mother used to say....' dear, it's not that I don't know where everything is, it's just that I can't remember'.

mold maker
01-16-2014, 01:44 PM
I found my keys in the ignition, after looking for 2 days, and using the spare to go have more made. What a dumb place for a key to be, Huh.

taiden
01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
WELL. It was in the freezer.

Why, you might ask?

I was going to try to make hot glue boolits and I remembered that the mold had to be frozen first..........

:target_smiley:

wallenba
01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
I found my keys in the ignition, after looking for 2 days, and using the spare to go have more made. What a dumb place for a key to be, Huh.

I've done that too. I looked hours for my keys, only to find them in the door knob.

ffries61
01-16-2014, 01:50 PM
I spend at least half my time looking for things I "had in my hand just a few minutes ago"!

only half ??? more 80% for me

w5pv
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
When I was about 5 years my dad was working on our car and decided to go to the house for what ever reason.He told my brother and me not to do anything with his little hammer that he was using.We went about our playing but dad decided that we would get his hammer and mis place it so he took it in the house with him and when he returned his hammer was gone and he called us asking what we had done with his hammer,told us to go cut a switch to tan our hides with.Well we went and decieded that since we wasn't guilty we cut through the switch where he couldn't hit us as much.while we were gone he remebered that he took the hammer in the house with him but was going to have a little fun with us anyhow but when he saw that we tried to pull a fast one on him. We came out on the losing end.

smokeywolf
01-16-2014, 02:05 PM
When I was about 5 years my dad was working on our car and decided to go to the house for what ever reason.He told my brother and me not to do anything with his little hammer that he was using.We went about our playing but dad decided that we would get his hammer and mis place it so he took it in the house with him and when he returned his hammer was gone and he called us asking what we had done with his hammer,told us to go cut a switch to tan our hides with.Well we went and decieded that since we wasn't guilty we cut through the switch where he couldn't hit us as much.while we were gone he remebered that he took the hammer in the house with him but was going to have a little fun with us anyhow but when he saw that we tried to pull a fast one on him. We came out on the losing end.

Sounds like your dad was almost as mean as mine.

Since you were innocent, you resisted being beaten, so he beat you for resisting.

Yep, sounds like my dad.

smokeywolf

bubba.50
01-16-2014, 02:06 PM
i can sit in one spot & lose stuff. sometimes it's as ridiculous a bein' in my other hand.

theperfessor
01-16-2014, 02:11 PM
I have cats. Some things get moved around to the darnedest places. Places I don't even have access to. At least that's my story anyway. Can't be old age and general forgetfulness...

TheDoctor
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Ask your wife to help!

She probably knows EXACTLY where it is! Then again, if she's like mine, she probably moved it, and forgot.

oneokie
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM
She probably knows EXACTLY where it is! Then again, if she's like mine, she probably moved it, and forgot.
Yup..

freebullet
01-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Lol...nope never done that, lol. [smilie=1:

sparky45
01-16-2014, 02:46 PM
That's precisely why my Mouse still has a cord on it.

adrians
01-16-2014, 03:15 PM
We were visiting friends about a month ago and when we got home I swore upside down I had left my reading glasses over there, now these people live about 2 hrs away so I wasn't going back for em, ( not right then anyway).

So I get my spare pair out and life went on,,,, last week I found my "mis-placed" glasses down the side of my recliner,,,,, what an idiot,,,,:veryconfu

Hawkeye45
01-16-2014, 03:19 PM
I have been looking for my hearing aids for about a year now. I know they are "here" somewhere .

Mr. Ed

Beerd
01-16-2014, 03:23 PM
... it will always be in the very last place you look.

not me. I keep looking, might find another one.

crazy mark
01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
I blame the gremlins. I never misplace anything. However my wife misplaces things all the time. We argue about if it belongs to me leave it be but oh no it goes into my reloading room where the gremlins live.

DeanWinchester
01-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I've looked for an hour for my glasses.....only to find them on my face.

waynem34
01-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I do it too.I also hide things and forget where i have hidden them.New years eve i hid $750 dollars and finally found that about 7 days latter.In the food pantry behide pasta noodles. lol Wild turkey did that.No more wild turkey for me.Sometimes I ll walk threw 2 or 3 rooms looking for tv remote after getting a snack and its in my hand.I think I worked in the sun too many years.Look for something else and you will find whats lost.

Czech_too
01-16-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm probably gonna em-bare-*** myself by admitting this, but...
Once, while at the range I couldn't find my earmuffs. Now normally when the line is cold I just raise them up a bit above the ears. After a while you get used to the feeling. Guess where they were?

ffries61
01-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Ha, the other day I ran out to the range to chrono a few loads, went to leave and the truck wouldn't start, dang just bought this thing, and didn't have my cell with me either, finally realized I still had my earplugs in, truck was running all along [smilie=1:

rockrat
01-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Put screwdriver, glasses, keys, whatever down. Can't find it. Go into town and buy it again, walk in the house and there it is before my eyes. SWEAR I looked there. Gremlins.

375RUGER
01-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Ask your wife to help!

They don't have to actually help. All you have to do is ask for her to help and the object will magically appear in the next place you look, even IF you've already looked there 2 or 3 times. Be sure to thank her too.

mold maker
01-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Sure is good to hear I'm not alone with this. At 72, I'm just a little farther along. I went to Wally World and got groceries last Friday. When I got home I couldn't find the 36 roll pack of TP.
It was still under the cart sitting in front WW where I loaded the groceries. Now how do you miss a 30x12x18" bright red and white package.

Col4570
01-16-2014, 05:46 PM
It happens to me all the time and I am only at the tender age of 77 years.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Hardy har har, I can freely laugh at this becasue I had my casting pot running for 45 minutes today, and
I lost my damm fluxing spoon 3 times[smilie=s:

bikerbeans
01-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Sure is good to hear I'm not alone with this. At 72, I'm just a little farther along. I went to Wally World and got groceries last Friday. When I got home I couldn't find the 36 roll pack of TP.
It was still under the cart sitting in front WW where I loaded the groceries. Now how do you miss a 30x12x18" bright red and white package.

I did the same thing at Krogers last month only with a very large bag of cat food. I called the store and they put my name on the bag. I went in the next day to get my cat food and it was on a big table with about 2 dozen other items folks had left on bottom of the cart. Do all you guys live in NW Ohio?:wink:

BB

pworley1
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
It does seem to get worse with age. My son and I were playing golf one morning a few years ago, when we were teeing off on a short par 3 he hit his shoot and I was still looking in my bag. He asked what I was doing and I told him I was trying to find My 7 iron. He laughed and told me that I had it in my other hand.

wgr
01-16-2014, 06:28 PM

true then you,ll have something to sell/trade

Taylor
01-16-2014, 07:33 PM
A quart bag of 30 carbine brass and a folding saw,both left on my reloading bench.I'm tellin' ya,it's gremlins.

blackthorn
01-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Last year I spent several days looking for my 6' step ladder. I had about decided someone had walked off with it cause I thought I had left it on the porch. I went through the shop several times---no ladder! Now, every other day I go on the tread mill for a half hour in the morning and it is in the shop. A few days after the ladder got stole I was walking on the treadmill and glanced to my right and there was that dang ladder just leaning up against the old dryer about 8' away from the treadmill! Wifey has never let me live that down!

WilliamDahl
01-16-2014, 07:53 PM
That's precisely why my Mouse still has a cord on it.

EXACTLY !!!

It's the only thing that keeps me from losing it.

WilliamDahl
01-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Losing things and not being able to find them is the reason that many of us have 4 or 5 hammers of the exact same type.

William Yanda
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM

In my experience, sometimes, you only have to order the next one

CastingFool
01-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Do that more often than I would like. The other day I searched all my pockets where I normally carry my cell phone. Started to get a little uneasy, then I realized I was holding it in my other hand! Oh well, guess I lived up to my namesake that time!

mold maker
01-16-2014, 09:12 PM
This evening I heard a rather hard clanking in the dryer. Upon inspecting I found my needle nose pliers.
I didn't even know they were missing.

Norbrat
01-16-2014, 09:25 PM
I was re-assembling the front brakes on a motorbike the other day and hunted high and low for the two bolts to hold the caliper on.

Yep, I had already installed them but forgot while I picked up the allen key to tighten them! :groner:

Oldzheimers disease, I swear!

Blacksmith
01-16-2014, 09:29 PM
I was going to post a comment on this thread but now I can't find my notes.

Sweetpea
01-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I do it all the dang time...

Of course, I have a wife that sees something of mine, and sticks it in a box of "stuff" for me...

Like I think to look there!:evil:

xs11jack
01-16-2014, 10:39 PM
I got this thing figured out, its not gremlins, bad memory, or the wife. It is Black Holes. Small ones appear and suck up things at random and disappear with the items. Now sometimes they reappear and cough up some items, but still the culprits are Black Holes. My buddy and I came up with the theory when we put the manual for a garden tiller in a file cabinet and 2 hours later we could not find that thing for love nor money. That was about 5 years ago and it is still gone.
Ole Jack

JWFilips
01-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Every Day! It is like the old ones are F'in with me geeze almost 61 and I'm loosing it !!! Guess I got lots to look forward to!

DIRT Farmer
01-16-2014, 11:33 PM
I use to smoke a pipe. Was building a log cabin, decided I would never own a log cabin as I would never be able to find my pipe. I lost so many pipes I quit smoking them. I still find pipes 30 years later.

Bzcraig
01-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Ask your wife to help!

Exactly! I can use a screwdriver put it down and 2 minutes later can't find it to save my life. I call the wife to the garage say I can't find a yellow handled screwdriver, she says it's right there and walks away shaking her head. How do they do that?

taiden
01-17-2014, 12:04 AM
I remember reading some study that said men have highly developed skills for noticing movement (hunting) and women have highly developed skills for searching (gathering). Anytime I can't find something I would always ask my mother, sister, or girlfriend to help and within 5-10 minutes of enlisting the item has been found.

MaryB
01-17-2014, 02:12 AM
This is part of the concussion I got in Nov... I walk into the other room and forget why I went in there. And yes I put stuff down and lose it too, I have 50 leather sewing needles and can't find a one right now. I rearranged the office and I know they are in here...

Three44s
01-17-2014, 03:11 AM
I'd add to this but all the good responses thus far mirror my clamaties already!

Good thread ........

Three 44s

missionary5155
01-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Good morning
Not yet today... but give me a few more minutes.
But then I am 63 and live at 8000 feet and work at highter altitudes regular.
Mike in Peru

CastingFool
01-17-2014, 09:00 AM
I was re-assembling the front brakes on a motorbike the other day and hunted high and low for the two bolts to hold the caliper on.

Yep, I had already installed them but forgot while I picked up the allen key to tighten them! :groner:

Oldzheimers disease, I swear!

This reminds me of an old story about my BIL rebuilding the front forks on his bike. When he got done, he found two little screws on the floor, and couldn't remember where they came from, so he put them in his shirt pocket. He bounced the handlebars up and down a couple of times and everything seemed find. Some later, he decided to go riding at a gravel pit. On the trail to the gravel pit, there was a small natural jump that every one tried to go airborne on. Well, he did, and then his front tire fell off the bike and then he remembered where the two little screws went.

taiden
01-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I walk into the other room and forget why I went in there.

This happens to everyone!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-walking-through-doorway-makes-you-forget

jonp
01-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Taking a shower in a truckstop once, I couldn't findmy comb after dressing. I went out to purchase another one. The cashier laughed andinformed me I already had one stuck in my hair!

Bwahahahahahaha

jonp
01-17-2014, 09:39 AM
This happens to everyone!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-walking-through-doorway-makes-you-forget

I read that same article. Very interesting theory

jonp
01-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Losing things and not being able to find them is the reason that many of us have 4 or 5 hammers of the exact same type.

I have 5 hammers.
This is great. I'm glad I am not the only one that does this. When I lose something and hunt for it I have found that I usually look for the object in places I would normally expect to find it. If I disregard them and look in places I would never put the thing I lost I find it there.
The old "did you check the refrigerator" is not so silly after all.

dg31872
01-17-2014, 09:43 AM
I lose things every day. Spend hours looking, can't find it. Call my wife, she finds it immediately. I tell her that is her "job security".

crowbuster
01-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Sure glad to know im in good company. The ones that really bother me is the stuff that never shows back up ? I vote for black holes as well. Great thread

Three44s
01-17-2014, 10:09 AM
And just in case you wondered ...............

........... this will only get worse!

Have as nice a day ........ as you can!!

Three 44s

captaint
01-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Funny. People often say " it's always in the last place I look" !! What are we gonna do, keep looking after we find it ?? Mike

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
the other thing I've found in my former life as an auto tech, steel is concrete soluble.
Meaning when you drop something, and hear it hit the floor under the car, by the
time you get down to find it ,it has dissolved in the floor never to be seen again!

WILCO
01-17-2014, 01:40 PM

Why, you might ask?

I was going to try to make hot glue boolits and I remembered that the mold had to be frozen first..........

Glad you found it Taiden!!! I don't think anybody else noticed, as they were having fun telling stories about losing stuff. Thanks for sharing the laughs Gents. Good stuff to be sure.

WILCO
01-17-2014, 01:42 PM
For a couple of days, I couldn't find my spark plug gapping tool. Gave up and was getting ready to buy another one. Went out into the shop and found it laying on the corner of the work bench in plain sight.

Doc_Stihl
01-17-2014, 01:43 PM
I really hate when I'm in the basement working on 2 benches and then can't find my pliers/pen/spring and walk around scanning every surface for 5 minutes before I realize it's in my hand....

bob208
01-17-2014, 05:50 PM
sometimes I even forget what I am looking for.

kbstenberg
01-17-2014, 07:07 PM
The gremlins in my house are so fast. I can be seated put something on the bench I am working by. Never move from the chair. And the gremlins can move whatever I placed on the bench without without me seeing them.

10x
01-17-2014, 07:27 PM
I once disassembled the transmission on a 1949 Francis Barnett motorcycle. The first thing I removed was the kick starter, it and the rest of the parts I removed got set on a clean bench waiting for reassembly. I repaired the kick start pawl spring, and the kick start return spring then reassembled them, taking parts off the bench that were laid out in the order in which they were removed. All went well until I went to pick up the kick start - the last piece and there it was - gone. I searched every where for 4 days, every day starting at the bench where I had put all the parts when I took it apart. Meanwhile I was bump starting the motorcycle by giving it a push and dropping it into second gear. On the fifth day when I came back from a ride and parked the bike beside the bench, the kick starter was laying there, exactly where I had left it. I still wonder where it was the 4 days i looked for it.....
Physicists tell us that there are alternate dimensions. I am starting to believe that some stuff simply goes to one of those dimensions for a short vacation....

Bob in Revelstoke
01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
A while ago I had returned from the range and was cleaning my rifles with Hoppes #9. When I was finished I couldn't find the top for the bottle. I searched high and low and couldn't find it. Did find other things I had mislaid but not the top for the bottle. Got fed up and went and sat down at which time I realized that I had a part bottle of Canadian Club whiskey and the top looked like it would fit the Hoppes bottle. Tried it and it fit just right. Which left me with another problem. I still had one bottle without a top. So, the only thing left to do was drink the whiskey as it would evaporate without a top which I promptly did. Still haven't found the missing top for the Hoppes.

Blacksmith
01-17-2014, 10:00 PM
I got this thing figured out, its not gremlins, bad memory, or the wife. It is Black Holes. Small ones appear and suck up things at random and disappear with the items. Now sometimes they reappear and cough up some items, but still the culprits are Black Holes. My buddy and I came up with the theory when we put the manual for a garden tiller in a file cabinet and 2 hours later we could not find that thing for love nor money. That was about 5 years ago and it is still gone.
Ole Jack

Pull out the bottom drawer and look underneath.

RED333
01-18-2014, 10:37 AM

Why, you might ask?

:roll::lol:[smilie=w:

KCSO
01-18-2014, 12:23 PM
If you look in the last place first off you will find it faster, it's always in the last place you look.

6.5 mike
01-18-2014, 12:55 PM
My problem is, I can't member where the last place is.

trys357
01-18-2014, 01:34 PM
While changing my oil on my truck several years ago I misplaced the oil plug.
Finally found it ... in the the drain bucket ... 2 hours later.
As I get older I become more and more forgetful.

GL49
01-18-2014, 05:20 PM
I once disassembled the transmission on a 1949 Francis Barnett motorcycle. The first thing I removed was the kick starter, it and the rest of the parts I removed got set on a clean bench waiting for reassembly. I repaired the kick start pawl spring, and the kick start return spring then reassembled them, taking parts off the bench that were laid out in the order in which they were removed. All went well until I went to pick up the kick start - the last piece and there it was - gone. I searched every where for 4 days, every day starting at the bench where I had put all the parts when I took it apart. Meanwhile I was bump starting the motorcycle by giving it a push and dropping it into second gear. On the fifth day when I came back from a ride and parked the bike beside the bench, the kick starter was laying there, exactly where I had left it. I still wonder where it was the 4 days i looked for it.....
Physicists tell us that there are alternate dimensions. I am starting to believe that some stuff simply goes to one of those dimensions for a short vacation....

As you get older, your ability to peer into alternate dimensions decreases, it kind of fades in and out whenever it feels like it. You're not forgetting things, just losing a bit of your dimensional recognition. Wives, however, don't lose that ability and seem to take great pleasure in "helping" you find your missing items. Proven fact. At least that's the way it is in the dimensional vortex that surrounds my house.

catmandu
01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
You guys must live at my house. I agree you have to ask for help. The lost part or frozen bolt suddenly appears or come free. I was putting my router back together and lost a part. I never left the bench, but could not find it. I moved all the parts from one side of the bench to the other one piece at a time. Then I did it again. I asked for help and like magic it appeared. I'm convinced there is literly more than meets the eye.
I'm sure glad I'm not alone.

Paul in WNY

Taylor
01-18-2014, 09:52 PM
I know this isn't related to losing thing's,but it is father-son stuff.When my boy's where little,it was part of their chores to keep the aluminum cans policed.I have a large wire container out back to keep them in.The cans were always it seemed, to be on the ground and not in the wire.I would get on them to do they're job and go pick them up.But Dad we did! Well,why are they on the ground? This went on every day for most of that summer.I'd yell at them,and they would reply "but we did"!

Me and the wife were sitting on the back porch having a cup of coffee.We witnessed a couple of squirrels in the wire tossing out the cans.What was I supposed to do? Felt kinda like Andy,when Opie came out on top.

MaryB
01-19-2014, 01:18 AM
I have a ham radio license and build electronic kits at times. I inventoried parts for anew kit, all was there, put parts on the board and suddenly one short. Cleaned my entire desk off and no part. Went to get some water came back in and the part was sitting next to the circuit board vice...

canyon-ghost
01-19-2014, 01:26 AM
I did manage to find Focus Factor on Amazon, y'all.......8-)

GL49
01-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I did manage to find Focus Factor on Amazon, y'all.......8-)

I wonder if that stuff really works?

dilly
01-19-2014, 01:52 AM
so THATS what they are for... I have to get one first. :)

I even checked my mailbox...

Mailboxes aren't a good place to look for wives. The ones that come that way are trouble!

bmortell
01-19-2014, 02:05 AM
i always find things in the last place i look unfurtunatly that place is usualy my hands

although one time i walked 20 paces of back porch shot empty my ruger lcp. walked back in house took off coat, shoes and grab more bullets only to find i aint got no gun to put em in. checked every flat surfuce capable of setting gun on then gun safe then porch then gun safe again. 10 minutes later found it under a pile of snow. perhaps little guns should have lanyard hole so i can hang cow bell on them.

have also lost dirt bike, walked to nieghbors house to see if i left it there nope back to my yard and there it is. these gremlins must be tough to move it without starting it. ya know fellas with all are encounters we could probably make a police sketch and get em locked up for theft and burglary in the 1st degree, time to move trail cameras to indoor trails

Bad Water Bill
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Now trail cameras sounds like a good idea.

Now where did I mount that whatchamacallit and why?:???:

Black Powder Bill
01-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm going crazy! Started to pack up my stuff in preparation to move. At any given time I could tell you exactly where dies, pins, files, anything was. Now that I have stuff in tool boxes scattered about. I spend 30 to 40 minutes looking for calipers last night and it was cold in the garage! They were in the basement.

Bad Water Bill
01-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Say THANK YOU to the gremlins for bringing the calipers into a nice comfey place.:kidding:

grumman581
01-19-2014, 09:23 PM
have also lost dirt bike, walked to nieghbors house to see if i left it there nope back to my yard and there it is. these gremlins must be tough to move it without starting it. ya know fellas with all are encounters we could probably make a police sketch and get em locked up for theft and burglary in the 1st degree, time to move trail cameras to indoor trails

Was talking with a guy a few weeks ago who had been head of security at one of the Las Vegas casinos. He said that every so often they would get cases where a person reports a car stolen and they actually find it at the casino where he parked it (or at the one next door when he parked in the wrong parking lot). He said that one owner asked if that was the new way that crooks were doing things now -- steal a car and return it to somewhere near where you originally parked it.

I'm sure alcohol had nothing to do with their misplacing their cars, right? :)

It's not like the casino parking lots ever really get so empty that you can just wait for everyone to go home and then look at the few cars that are left to see which might be your car...

ubetcha
01-19-2014, 10:20 PM
the other thing I've found in my former life as an auto tech, steel is concrete soluble.
Meaning when you drop something, and hear it hit the floor under the car, by the
time you get down to find it ,it has dissolved in the floor never to be seen again!

I too have this problem. I can be working on a vehicle and turn around to get tool out of the tool box and forget what tool I need. Also, how can the automotive engineer be able to design every nut or bolt you drop, to roll under the middle of the vehicle ,just out of reach.

Blacksmith
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
I too have this problem. I can be working on a vehicle and turn around to get tool out of the tool box and forget what tool I need. Also, how can the automotive engineer be able to design every nut or bolt you drop, to roll under the middle of the vehicle ,just out of reach.

The tricky part is to get the nuts and bolts to measure the length of the arms of the guy doing the work so they will roll just far enough so he can be so close that he will keep trying instead of going to get something to reach it with.

Beagle333
01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
I can lose something, and during the search, discover another interesting something that I've been looking for in the past and make a mental note of its location, keep going and find the original item and only then realize that I actually also needed item #2 and now I can't find it!!!! :veryconfu

Col4570
01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
I went to a country Game Fair,got there early,parked my Car,had a walk around Gunmakers row drooling over the goodies,had a Pint of Beer in the Beer Tent.Come lunch time I was feeling hungry I had some nice Chicken sandwiches in the Car,looked at the Car Park there had to be a million vehicles parked since I arrived.One Hour later I still had,nt Found my vehicle so I sat on the grass verge to collect my thoughts since it was a hot sweaty day.In my disturbed state I started reading Car registration numbers when I realised that my delinquent auto was staring at me.At another venue I placed a Coke Can on my Radio Aerial only to find that a billion others had done the same thing.Please ignore my estimates of vehicle and people numbers.

CastingFool
01-21-2014, 12:41 PM
One night, getting off the 2nd shift I walked up to my car that was snow covered, but the drivers door was wide open. I wondered what in the heck was going on? I knew I left it locked, so I'm really puzzled. I did notice a set of boot prints so I started looking around. A couple of rows over, there was one of my buddies watching me, and laughing at me. We both had Mustangs at the time, and turned out his key worked on my car! He told me he saw my car, thinking it was his, opened the door, and sat down. Then he was the one that was puzzled, because the interior didn't look like his car. For one, he had an automatic, and mine had a 3 speed.

Mike in TX
01-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Worry not fellows, things show up. My latest was I "misplaced" the two Remington 760 magazines. I knew that I had placed them in a safe and secure place when I returned from New England. Went to the range and they did not have it. 3 months later I went to the box with the scope caps. Lo and behold the magazines as well as the Ruger mags. Now I have 3 magazines for that old Remington.