PDA

View Full Version : Check on wal mart amunition

Bad Water Bill
01-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Just found this info so will share it with my family ONLY.:bigsmyl2:

No need to drive all over, wait in line, etc. Walmart is the best option.

There are two things you can do, but first understand how Walmart works. Each location gets a truck or two at night, usually before midnight, they then stock and rearrange displays all night long. The manifest of the contents delivered by truck are "accepted" and once this occurs everything that is coming in is automatically listed as "in stock" for that location. It is updated on the hand held scanners and their green screen inventory.

Al you need to do is:

1.) Hit the Walmart website, preferably between 2AM and 9AM. Select "Sports & Outdoors" category and search for "ammunition" not "ammo" or 22LR, etc. Walmart has intentionally "botched" the website so that the stock status of most ammunition will come up as "store information not available."

However, you can do some trickery and get around this message by altering the web page to get the inventory status. I use Firfox but the method is the same in any browser. When you're on the page for the ammo selected use Tools > Web Developer > Inspector. Hover your mouse over the "store information not available" words and click on it. You will see in the lower portion of your screen the code behind this message. Look for <div id="STORE MESSAGE" style="display: none; " ></div> and select it. On the right side of the lower screen you will see element {display: none;} When you hover the mouse over this a checkbox will appear, uncheck the checkbox. Once you uncheck the box, look to see that the message "store information not availavble" changed and you should now see the stock status AND be able to select "Find in another store" This allows you to find the ammunition at other nearby stores.

Now the easier option, but I explained the above because not everyone has one...

2.) Use your smart phone and download the walmart app. Again search using the full word "ammunition" and you should see all the different ammunition sold by Walmart. Now just as they made finding inventory status on the website difficult, they tried to make it difficult for the phone app but it is a much easier work around. With the phone app if the ammunition is in stock they try and hide this by putting up a message that says "inventory status unavailable." What this basically means is, the ammunition is there in stock. If it says "out of stock" it truly is out of stock. BUT there is also a button that you can select that says "more stores" and it will show nearby store stock status. Remember, "inventory status unavailable" means it is there.

dragon813gt
01-14-2014, 07:38 AM
A memeber posted something along these lines already w/ using the App.

Bad Water Bill
01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I posted it because even I could understand just what the instructions were.

I have no idea what (w/ using the App.) means.

Garyshome
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
If you wait till 9am all the ammo is usually gone. I used to get there about 15 min till 7 am or maybe a little earlier, there were almost always the same group of people. First in line gets the goods.

dragon813gt
01-14-2014, 08:48 AM
I have no idea what (w/ using the App.) means.

The #2 you posted. It's instructions for using the WalMart app.

jonp
01-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Interesting on the first part but not very clear. Do you go to the walmart sight, save "your store", search for ammuntion and then go to firefox tools?
All I get from the main sight is "available in store only" and no other information. What then?

A Ha! Got it. Thats pretty interesting. I use Firefox but have never really fiddled around with it.

btroj
01-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Why are you buying ammo anyway?

Alvarez Kelly
01-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Why are you buying ammo anyway?

I only buy it when I can get it cheap and sell it for $100 a brick. :-)

shooterg
01-14-2014, 02:36 PM
I still don't get it ! All i see is 'In Store Only". What am i overlooking ?

shooterg
01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
I still don't get it ! When I uncheck "element" I get an expanded message saying "Visit your local store to see if in stock"

John Allen
01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
What a great trick it is working for me.

MrWolf
01-14-2014, 06:39 PM
:killingpc Walmart does not sell ammo in New Jersey - I hate this state

Brucifer
01-14-2014, 07:32 PM
The APP says SATX is out of stock. I believe that. Thanks for the tip

trochilids
01-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Interesting little trick. Has anyone used the "email me when it comes in" option that the website provides (after you do the little hack in the OP)? I tried it just out of curiosity.

762 shooter
01-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Interesting little trick. Has anyone used the "email me when it comes in" option that the website provides (after you do the little hack in the OP)? I tried it just out of curiosity.

Me Too.

BWB Nice trick.

Surculus
01-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Nice hack! I noticed that at the top of the list of nearby stores ["Your store does not carry this. Check nearby stores for availability?"] it displays a date & time for the last time the list was updated [I presume taken from whichever store on the list last changed their status either way, in/out of stock.] I actually had a list where the last update was a month ago when I checked on things this a.m!

I'll definitely use this trick going ahead in an effort to track down some 22WMR [for a new BB in that caliber I rec'd. for Xmas], but for now, all stores near me are out. I'll have to see if there's any way I can stretch the radius it checks beyond 50 miles, next! ;)

NewbieDave007
01-16-2014, 02:50 AM
I posted on these "tricks" around New Year's, but I'm glad to see that your not getting all the "wonderful" posts I did. If used you can pick up 22lr. The thing I would add is that most of the stores around me stock/sell ammo starting at 7am and you really need to be one of the first 4 to get any. Most of the larger packs come in a case of 10 boxes, and with a three box limit the first 3 get three boxes and the fourth gets the last one. Good luck.

MostlyOnThePaper
01-24-2014, 10:16 AM
That works great for me on Firefox with ubuntu Linux. I'll be trying the phone app later if I can't get it to function at work. Since I work 70 miles from home I have the opportunity to cover a lot of ground.
Thanks!
Randy

a.squibload
03-19-2014, 04:06 AM
Sent this info to my wally world chasin' friend, he can get there by 7, I can't!

Duckiller
03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Mr Wolf Walmart doesn't sell ammo in NJ because the the citizens aren't smart enough to follow the rules. They had the same problem in California. " Why does good old Joe have to wait 10 days, I know him and he is fine". DoJ and ATF didn't see it that way especially when "Good Old Joe" had a problem in the past that his gun selling friend in Walmart didn't know about. Walmart management made the determination that their employees as a group were incapable of being trained in DOJ and ATF rule and gave up all of there FFLs in California. I have been to other states and their emloyees seem a lot smarter there. For awhile it seemed that if your IQ was over 80 you couldn't get hired in Cal. by Walmart. It has improved but they still gave up their FFLs.

xs11jack
03-19-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't get this 0700 line up, the wally world I worked for in 2006 would sell ammo as soon as is was stocked which could be as early as 0100.
Ole Jack

oldred
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Everything goes just fine for me until I reach the part " Look for <div id="STORE MESSAGE" style="display: none; " ></div> ", it's just not there as far as I can tell. I get the list in the lower left of the page and the second smaller list on the right but I have searched that list in vain under every tab and the closest I can find to that line is "see store available bubble" but that's no help, I tried that one and it gave me the option in the right hand box to do the uncheck but nothing changed. This is VERY interesting, could you be a bit more specific on how to locate that "<div id="STORE MESSAGE" style="display: none; " ></div>" line?

silverado
03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
I only buy it when I can get it cheap and sell it for $100 a brick. :-)

That is why the price of everything is going up

MostlyOnThePaper
03-24-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't get this 0700 line up, the wally world I worked for in 2006 would sell ammo as soon as is was stocked which could be as early as 0100.
Ole Jack

That's how my store does it, most of the time it seems to hit the shelf around 5ish. I guess they are all a little different. Glad I'm not I'm one of the high traffic market areas.

Randy

Bullet Caster
03-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Thank you for posting this trick. I just figured out how to do it with Internet Explorer. It works a little differently from Firefox. After selecting the ammo, you have to go to "Tools" and select the "F12 Developer" in the drop down box. Then you have to choose the "console" and then go up to the "store information not available" and right click it with the mouse. Then you select the "inspect element" and find the line with the <div id: "STORE MESSAGE" and click on it. Then you go to the right side of the screen and uncheck the {display: none;} box and the message appears for me. In my area it says "not available in the Sevierville store."

I figured out that you have to do this for each box of ammo to see if it's available. Saves me about 10 miles worth of driving to know what's available and what's not. Thanks again for this little trick. BC